MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Morris Motors
Windy
6 posters

MG CS to arrive in October

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

MG CS to arrive in October Empty MG CS to arrive in October

Post by Windy Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:25 am

SAIC MG first SUV listed in October

Recently, SAIC senior manager Li MG brand marketing operations department told Sohu Auto interview that by the end of 2014, including the launch of new models, the new sedan and the first SUV.

It is understood, MG brand will launch two models of their code-named AP13 and AS21, which AP13 is a new sedan, while the AS21 is the production version of last year at the Shanghai International Motor Show concept car MG CS SUV .

The code for the AP13 new sedan may previously reported MG5 sedan models, based on MG5 hatchback version of the new car to build, will remain dynamic MG5 British style, and equipped with 1.5T turbocharged engine and 1.5L normally aspirated gas gasoline.

MG's first SUV concept car based MG CS building, equipped with 1.5T and 2.0T turbocharged engine, which 1.5T engine maximum power of 95kw, peak torque of 210Nm; 2.0T engine maximum power of 150kw, peak torque of 280Nm, the gearbox is adopted dual-clutch six-speed manual gearbox and a combination of six-speed tiptronic. The car is expected to be available in October.
    Source: http://life.hf365.com/system/2014/04/25/013932513.shtml
    Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

MG CS to arrive in October Empty Re: MG CS to arrive in October

Post by Morris Motors Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:18 am

Originally it was to be a 'simultaneous' western and Chinese launch. Presumably there's been no word on that since?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 am

Morris Motors wrote:Originally it was to be a 'simultaneous' western and Chinese launch. Presumably there's been no word on that since?
    True.

It does say "available" so the launch should be before October.  I'm still wondering if MG90 @ Silverstone will see the launch of one or other or both of these MGs - why keep the sedan from the Beijing show, even if just as a graphic, or even an announcement. China will celebrate MG90 too.
    Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:04 am

I expect a looser interpretation is that it is being 'designed for all markets' rather than launching in China and then having to be re-trimmed/re-suspensioned/re-specc'ed for the EU.

Which is what they should have done with the MG3 & 5 (and 6) in the first place. So it shows they're now appreciating that a 'minor' delay of 2 years rolling out across markets can actually be quite damaging on the ground. SA is a case in point.
    littlechicken
    littlechicken

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Post by littlechicken Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:38 am

When we went to Longbridge in Jan, they said the SUV would be launched in 2016
    Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:34 am

Makes sense - new metal every couple of years. Based on their sales rates and infrastructure growth, dropping another new car into the UK which shares no components with the rest of the range doesn't make sense for 2014.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:52 am

Morris Motors wrote:Makes sense - new metal every couple of years. Based on their sales rates and infrastructure growth, dropping another new car into the UK which shares no components with the rest of the range doesn't make sense for 2014.

They shouldn't expose themselves with products that aren't good enough.

There again, if you think "spinning plates", by the time the fifth (UK: third) MG product arrives at this rate, the first two (UK: one) will need replacing... there are 22 cars in the Volkswagen range, I read, which includes "estates" and "hybrids"...
    rantell

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2014-05-17

Post by rantell Sat May 17, 2014 1:01 pm

The Paris motor show is in October they could always launch it there if they really wanted to make a splash in the European market and it would really get them noticed too.  Idea
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun May 18, 2014 11:27 am

rantell wrote:The Paris motor show is in October they could always launch it there if they really wanted to make a splash in the European market and it would really get them noticed too.  Idea
    I think that is unlikely; for a start Paris is in France!

They seem to have done a good job of getting the MG3 into the press without taking it to a motorshow. I'm not sure what benefit a European motorshow would actually bring, it's not quite like China where millions of public go to view the cars at the shows, for the UK and Europe most public knowledge comes from reading articles in the press/web and knowledge of other peoples cars.
    iHH™

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2014-05-15

Post by iHH™ Sun May 18, 2014 11:29 am

I agree. And we really need a MG comeback this side of the channel!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun May 18, 2014 12:02 pm

iHH™️ wrote:I agree. And we really need a MG comeback this side of the channel!
    Welcome Smile

I see that you are in France. What view do French people have of the Chinese and Chinese cars?
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun May 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Windy wrote:
    Welcome Smile

I see that you are in France.  What view do French people have of the Chinese and Chinese cars?

Welcome.

On this German forum there is a deeply-held belief that the only MG is an MGB:

http://www.motor-talk.de/news/lang-lebe-mg-t4941382.html
    rantell

Post by rantell Mon May 19, 2014 8:22 am

hey I know this a bit of subject but does anybody know when we going to get the new mg sports car
    iHH™

Post by iHH™ Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 am

Windy wrote:
    Welcome Smile

I see that you are in France.  What view do French people have of the Chinese and Chinese cars?

Hi Windy,

Thanks for the welcome and for the way you support MG cars.

From my knowledge, no Chinese car are sold over here. But if few years ago, "made in China" was a kind of joke for poorly built products this side of the channel, now people have learnt quality (and expensive) products they really love are also made in China or in Asia (Apple, Dyson, etc.).

For a car, it will be probably more difficult but if it's a well designed and buit car like the MG3, it could be a winner.
    With very generic and cheap models, Dacia is a huge succes over here and all are made in Romania or Morocco, not your typical motor industry countries!

I think the best way to bring back MG in France and continental Europe is to massively develop Longbridge built (more than assembled) cars.

The British quality for cars is now praised in France (Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan Quashai & Joke, Renault Traffic Wink) and there are room for smaller ones "made in the UK" as much as possible. Britain must retain its quality reputation and the more it's made in Britain, the more people feel it reel.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 am

iHH™️ wrote:The British quality for cars is now praised in France (Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan Quashai & Joke, Renault Traffic Wink)
    What connection does the Renault Trafic have with Britain? If it is made here, I didn't know.
    rantell

Post by rantell Mon May 19, 2014 10:18 am

Isn't it twinned with the Vauxhall vivaro so they probably use Vauxhalls factory
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon May 19, 2014 12:39 pm

patpending wrote:
    iHH™️ wrote:The British quality for cars is now praised in France (Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan Quashai & Joke, Renault Traffic Wink)
    What connection does the Renault Trafic have with Britain? If it is made here, I didn't know.

rantell wrote:Isn't it twinned with the Vauxhall vivaro so they probably use Vauxhalls factory

Really? I don't think Ford vans are made in Britain any more and only recently saw that Vauxhalls are - at Luton?

There was a spell where Renaults were made at the Commer/Dodge factory in Dunstable IIRC but I hasn't heard of this!

Yes, wikipedia says you are right!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Trafic
    iHH™

Post by iHH™ Mon May 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Yes, the Renault Traffic should wear a "Made In Britain" sticker, like some Nissans and Hondas!
    But it seems that the marketing dept. from Renault UK is very poorly inspired or misinformed…
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue May 20, 2014 2:35 am

rantell wrote:hey I know this a bit of subject but does anybody know when we going to get the new mg sports car  
    Not even MG knows that!

It doesn't look like it will be in the next year or two, but you never know, there may be a surprise in store...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am