MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Maxus is growing bigger

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Maxus is growing bigger Empty Maxus is growing bigger

Post by Windy Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:05 am

SAIC Maxus car plans: 2017 launch SUV / Pickup

Recently, we received a plan from their car SAIC Maxus aspects.  It is reported that SAIC Maxus plans to launch SUV and pickup products in 2017.

Targeting high-end MPV models Maxus G10 has been listed, the factory said that in the 2015 G10 Ultimate Edition models will be launched, the car will be equipped with electric sliding doors, electric trunk lid open / close, and panoramic images, such as high-end configuration, expected to sell for 269,800 yuan.

Moreover, SAIC Maxus also plans to invest 2.8 billion yuan to build the SUV and pickup models, the two products will use the non-bearing body structure, the main target western China market, is expected to be launched in 2017.

Source: http://qc.runsky.com/2014-08/08/content_5060683.htm
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Maxus is growing bigger Empty Re: Maxus is growing bigger

Post by patpending Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:09 pm

expected to sell for 269,800 yuan.

Maxus is growing bigger Massimo-DAlema

25 GRAND???

Is a "non-loadbearing body" one that is not a monocoque but is mounted on a chassis?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:30 pm

patpending wrote:25 GRAND???
    I suspect that will be good value for the Ultimate Edition of a very large car. We shouldn't be thinking of the sort of luxury found in an old UK LDV minibus and it does have that 224bhp turbocharged direct injection engine!

patpending wrote:Is a "non-loadbearing body" one that is not a monocoque but is mounted on a chassis?
    I was wondering about that too, I'm rather surprised that the SUV would have a separate chassis after the work they have been doing on the MG/Roewe SUVs but these are commercial vehicles designed for serious weight and more importantly for the pickup to be customisable with different back ends. I did check the original Chinese text and think it does say, in your words "not a monocoque".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm