MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

500 UK MG6 sold in a single day - First 100 arrived at Avis Heathrow 21/12/2011!

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

500 UK MG6 sold in a single day - First 100 arrived at Avis Heathrow 21/12/2011! Empty 500 UK MG6 sold in a single day - First 100 arrived at Avis Heathrow 21/12/2011!

Post by Windy Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:51 am

cheers

That is 25% of the years predicted sales in a single order Shocked

<h2>MG6-high profile return to the UK market </h2>

(June 21, 2011, Birmingham, England) has, MG UK Motor (MG British Motor Corporation) launched its first market in the UK new car MG.

The face of the British MG brand car culture important new label, always demanding European market has given great attention and praise: International Professional Car Rental Group Avis Europe (AVIS EUROPE) prior to listing it in one fell swoop in MG6 ordered 500 new cars, the major British media give more generous in praise, the UK's largest-circulation newspaper "Daily Telegraph" published review article: "put into a new MG models in Europe , which is the UK's MG fans and the world can be described as the long-awaited ... It marked the UK's oldest and most popular car brands will once again rewrite the history of the world car. "

British media: "MG's Longbridge car production in Birmingham, there is nothing more than this to look forward to it?"

Face MG6 the UK, the major British media have given positive reports at great length. British "Sunday Independent" issue with emotion: "Compared with those who want to take the high road but the appearance of competing products in terms of conservative, MG6 new design is indeed some bright spots, its design and engineering are long in Birmingham Bridge completion, MG6 creative designer from the UK entirely. What could be more to look forward to it? "

Indeed, for the British case, MG is not only the car in their garage, it is not only a change in the British North American sports culture, pride, but also affect hundreds of the world Peoples MG fans the unique culture and language and unique way of life. In the MG brand as long as 87 years of history, countless royal expensive Xun, big name stars as its fans, and countless civilians, the general public realize their dreams sports dreams; whether Downing Street in London, or the towns and villages trail, MG shuttle can be seen everywhere in the UK figure. More importantly, the British love their mettle pour in the MG sports top. Silverstone held annually in the United Kingdom's MG Live! Still the world's largest and most exciting riders of spontaneous activity; tens of thousands of fans traveled from around the world is to experience a variety of classic models of MG's fellow hurricane of passion. Thus conceivable, MG6 UK, the British passion for more of it is not excessive!

Professional customers: "MG6 is a true 'European standards, British design' model."

Obviously, MG6 British fans did not live up to its expectations, not yet listed on the UK Design UK designed to conquer Europe, known for demanding professional users. June 9, the international professional car rental group Avis Europe (AVIS EUROPE) and MG UK Motor signed a global strategic partnership agreement and ordered 500 units in one fell swoop MG6. Avis Europe's chief executive, Mr. Pascal Bazin said in his speech, "MG6 is a real 'European standard, British design' model."

The so-called "British design", of course, refers to the overthrow of the traditional design-set of Fastback air show style, the sleek roofline all the way to the rear, and given the space and driving the car 1396L Gold Body 50:50 ratio, a breakthrough will be the perfect fusion of aesthetics and space. This design not only for the implantation of a comparable luxury models MG6 bring the stunning appearance, but also effectively reduces the drag coefficient, making it significantly improve control performance gain, the perfect reflection of the MG brand of athleticism. The so-called "European standards", refers to the exquisite quality workmanship; from the spacious and comfortable interior storage space to the human design, from the very sense of the center console next to the delicate touch of the button, handle every detail was so appropriate. The British "Sunday Express" with the words: "Many new models in the rare good quality can find him in the MG6, MG6 absolute value of the price from its joints and interior quality in the process you can felt. "

Source: http://biz.ifeng.com/auto/detail_2011_06/22/43616_0.shtml
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

500 UK MG6 sold in a single day - First 100 arrived at Avis Heathrow 21/12/2011! Empty Re: 500 UK MG6 sold in a single day - First 100 arrived at Avis Heathrow 21/12/2011!

Post by patpending Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am

500 cars! I'd like to see AVIS take 1/4 of any other model's annual production(!).

Presumably the deal is spread over months as we might think the saloon is a more obvious choice for rental. Let alone diesel!

The autotranslate has been challenged by that article -
    British "Sunday Independent" issue with emotion: "Compared with those who want to take the high road but the appearance of competing products in terms of conservative, MG6 new design is indeed some bright spots, its design and engineering are long in Birmingham Bridge completion, MG6 creative designer from the UK entirely. What could be more to look forward to it? "
    -
    I wonder what came out "United States"? lol - but I take it it is absolutely certain that this is a deal with AVIS.

Avis don't donate spare wonga to the manufacturers. I had thought that the point of starting with low volumes and petrol was to avoid giving away margin and getting poor residuals from fleets.

Avis can't be concerned about reliability or parts supply!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

500 UK MG6 sold in a single day - First 100 arrived at Avis Heathrow 21/12/2011! Empty Re: 500 UK MG6 sold in a single day - First 100 arrived at Avis Heathrow 21/12/2011!

Post by Windy Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:14 am

Yes, "AVIS EUROPE" is clearly spelled out.

I guess it could possibly be a deal over several years, or ten cars per week for one year. Whatever the detail, it is good news. Including for those that want a second hand MG6 as Avis typically only keep their cars for 6 months; and for anyone who wants to try one out for a weekend...

I guess they must all be UK cars? AVIS must have a massive fleet, but still 500 must put at least one at a depot near every UK based reader.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 am

Yes, I don't suppose AVIS EUROPE operates in China - and there are only 4(?) Chinese-built MGs sold in the EU.

Wonder if this stretches into next year? I was already wondering "diesel" - "LHD" too?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:20 am

patpending wrote:Yes, I don't suppose AVIS EUROPE operates in China?
    Don't be silly, of course they do, in fact in colaboration with SAIC they are one of the largest car rental companies in China Laughing

Avis Europe plc (LSE: AVE) is a United Kingdom-based company which holds the licence to operate the two main vehicle rental brands of Avis Budget Group (Avis Rent a Car System and Budget Rent a Car) in Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as Asia in the case of Avis. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, the company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.

Asia

Avis Europe acquired the licence to operate in 27 territories in Asia at the time of its flotation. This provided the company with access to a vast new market representing over 60% of the world population in one of the most dynamic regions of the global economy, whilst further enhancing its international presence.

Asia is a key long-term growth region, and Avis became the first international car rental company to enter into equity Joint Ventures in the two strategic markets of India and China. Avis India opened in 1999 and Avis commenced trading in China in January 2003, through the signing of an agreement with a subsidiary of Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, one of China's largest automotive groups. Avis now operates in 28 cities with 39 locations in China.
    http://www.avis-europe.com/our-company/markets-and-customers.aspx

... It pays to have friends!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 am

My mistake.

In fact if you get a rental car in the UK it is generally a Ford or Vauxhall in my experience. Having said which, if "Chrysler" is about the sales level which MG is aiming at, I know someone who did have a rental Chrysler...

I looked again at who had signed what here, in case the cars are for China, but there's definitely a "UK" in that "MG Motor" (even though it appears the Chinese yet again value MG's heritage more highly than the Brits) suggesting this deal is for the British, or European, market...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:18 am

patpending wrote:I looked again at who had signed what here, in case the cars are for China, but there's definitely a "UK" in that "MG Motor" (even though it appears the Chinese yet again value MG's heritage more highly than the Brits) suggesting this deal is for the British, or European, market...
    You might think so, but it also says "signed a global strategic partnership agreement", now there could be a translation error but maybe it is signed by MG Motor UK simply because Avis is a British company and both companies prefer to use British pounds for this transaction as SAIC want some cash for investment in the UK without conversion costs?
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:I looked again at who had signed what here, in case the cars are for China, but there's definitely a "UK" in that "MG Motor" (even though it appears the Chinese yet again value MG's heritage more highly than the Brits) suggesting this deal is for the British, or European, market...
    You might think so, but it also says "signed a global strategic partnership agreement", now there could be a translation error but maybe it is signed by MG Motor UK simply because Avis is a British company and both companies prefer to use British pounds for this transaction as SAIC want some cash for investment in the UK without conversion costs?
    just as if there is a major income stream for MG Motor UK to sell parts to China, it seems odd to me if the benefit is not to go to the company getting the wonga.

Am I right in saying that Chinese MGs are sold (produced?) by SAIC Motor? or is it a sub-company there? (so that there is no Chinese company we could confuse with MG Motor?).

I hope SAIC have a good tax accountant. If he sells them large value aircraft leasing like to Phoenix, you would hope there would be some profits available!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

patpending wrote:Am I right in saying that Chinese MGs are sold (produced?) by SAIC Motor? or is it a sub-company there? (so that there is no Chinese company we could confuse with MG Motor?).

I hope SAIC have a good tax accountant. If he sells them large value aircraft leasing like to Phoenix, you would hope there would be some profits available!
    But where does the tax go? It was a condition of Yuejin's sale of NAC that the MG revenue ended up paying tax in Nanjing and so NAC still exists as a seperate company in order to implement this. However I'm not sure that the MG6 counts as an MG and the Roewe 350 probably does.

I'm quite sure that we are talking about MG Motor UK here.

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:33 am

Windy wrote:But where does the tax go? It was a condition of Yuejin's sale of NAC that the MG revenue ended up paying tax in Nanjing and so NAC still exists as a seperate company in order to implement this. However I'm not sure that the MG6 counts as an MG and the Roewe 350 probably does.

I'm quite sure that we are talking about MG Motor UK here.

MG Motor UK Ltd is a company registered in England so is subject to UK tax. The company could be called Alfred A. Aardvark Ltd but it would still have to pay tax if it made money from making or selling MGs.

The taxman will want to be sure that what is accounted for as revenue in a company that makes losses (and pays no tax) is genuinely revenue of that company. Transfers between legal entities within the SAIC group will be subject to strict tax rules.

That's what I mean by needing a good accountant.

I still haven't found the details of the 1930s court case proving that MG was not Morris Garages for tax purposes...
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by docjunior2008 Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Great news! But, when does LHD production actually start? That would be an important factor, right?
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:13 am

docjunior2008 wrote:Great news! But, when does LHD production actually start? That would be an important factor, right?
    I'm not quite sure how you mean this.

I presume you are not referring to China and have discounted the idea that the 500 cars could be with AVIS Europe in China, as you know that LHD production has been going there for well over a year.

I take it that you are thinking these 500 cars are not for immediate delivery but go into next year and could also be rented out by AVIS Europe on the Continent.

Haven't seen any change to "LHD and diesel at MG Birmingham in 2012" TBH.

Interestingly, I remember choosing Alamo because they had Vauxhalls and Rovers (not Fords). AVIS must be sure that renting MGs will not be a turn-off - maybe like Europcar rent Chryslers!
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by docjunior2008 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:20 am

patpending wrote:
    docjunior2008 wrote:Great news! But, when does LHD production actually start? That would be an important factor, right?
    I'm not quite sure how you mean this.

I presume you are not referring to China and have discounted the idea that the 500 cars could be with AVIS Europe in China, as you know that LHD production has been going there for well over a year.

I take it that you are thinking these 500 cars are not for immediate delivery but go into next year and could also be rented out by AVIS Europe on the Continent.

Haven't seen any change to "LHD and diesel at MG Birmingham in 2012" TBH.

Interestingly, I remember choosing Alamo because they had Vauxhalls and Rovers (not Fords). AVIS must be sure that renting MGs will not be a turn-off - maybe like Europcar rent Chryslers!

Embarassed I feel daft now. Totally forgot that MG6's are being made in China. Just thought that Longbridge was doing European Production. If it is with Avis Europe in China, then my mistake. But, I hope its for Europe, in EUROPE! cheers
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:47 am

docjunior2008 wrote: Embarassed I feel daft now. Totally forgot that MG6's are being made in China. Just thought that Longbridge was doing European Production. If it is with Avis Europe in China, then my mistake. But, I hope its for Europe, in EUROPE! cheers
    look elsewhere for how many tens of thousands of MG6s have been sold in China - important background when looking at small UK sales.

MG-badged Chinese-made Roewes 750, 550 (and 350?) are available in Belarus and even in the EU, in Poland (importer not on SAIC Motor's own list) but IIRC only 4 have been sold in Poland and only Ssangyong dealer Avtostil in Minsk is selling them in Belarus. Haven't heard any change to the strategy of assembling LHD MGs in Longbridge...

Looking at the other recent articles, it appears the Chinese press thinks these cars will be rented in Europe...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:31 am

patpending wrote:Interestingly, I remember choosing Alamo because they had Vauxhalls and Rovers (not Fords). AVIS must be sure that renting MGs will not be a turn-off - maybe like Europcar rent Chryslers!
    Avis seem to like to have a few less common cars for people to choose, last time I had one of theirs they gave me an Alfa Romeo. Definitely encourages me to use them again, even though the car lived up to it's reputation - engine warning light came on and the electric windows didn't have enough power to rise on a damp morning unless you reved the engine!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 am

100 cars have just been delivered to Avis Heathrow:

http://www.verdictoncars.co.uk/jsp/vocmain.jsp?lnk=101&id=4909

Car rental firm Avis has announced that it’ll be running the MG6 in its fleet.

100 MG6 GT fastbacks and MG6 Magnette sports saloons have just joined the fleet.

At first, the cars will serve on Avis’ national car hire fleet, with customers soon able to hire them for holidays, business trips or whatever else they fancy.

Guy Jones, MG’s Sales and Marketing Director, commented: “We are delighted that such an important company as Avis will be promoting the MG6 as part of its fleet.”

Avis’ Anthony Ainsworth is pleased with the company’s new acquisitions: “We are extremely pleased to see the iconic MG marque back again and know that our customers will be delighted to be offered the chance to drive an MG when they hire a car from us”.

For those with Facebook, here are photos of the cars arriving:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.322134021138274.83611.213689721982705&type=3
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:36 pm

patpending wrote:100 cars have just been delivered to Avis Heathrow:

For those with Facebook, here are photos of the cars arriving:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.322134021138274.83611.213689721982705&type=3
    They are not very colourful ones!

500 UK MG6 sold in a single day - First 100 arrived at Avis Heathrow 21/12/2011! 399205_322134641138212_213689721982705_1227882_1780895925_n
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 am

When the MG6s come off rental, there's going to be a massive effect on the second-hand market, isn't there?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:11 am

patpending wrote:When the MG6s come off rental, there's going to be a massive effect on the second-hand market, isn't there?
    Yep, the red and orange ones will be worth £3K more than the grey and blue ones Laughing

Mind you, 100 scattered throughout the country will not go far...

I get the impression that these cars are being distributed to Avis outlets throughout the country, they are not all for Heathrow.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Windy wrote:I get the impression that these cars are being distributed to Avis outlets throughout the country, they are not all for Heathrow.

Answer by Avis to Neil Turner on Facebook:

Hi Neil, yes that's right, we've just had 100 delivered to our Heathrow location which are available now to rent.

Suppose it is rather a lot for any one place if it isn't the main car. I'll ask them.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:17 pm

patpending wrote:Suppose it is rather a lot for any one place if it isn't the main car. I'll ask them.
    Maybe all Avis cars start off at Heathrow and the customers gradually distribute them around the country - something I have done in the past...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:47 am

The MGs will be available nationally - Avis UK's Facebook reply to me:

Yes, in the new year the MGs will be available at stations across the UK. Watch this space [their Facebook page] for exact details...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:44 pm