MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

British Touring Car Championships

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

British Touring Car Championships Empty British Touring Car Championships

Post by Windy Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:18 am

Plato's MG6 qualifies for BTCC round 1 in Sixth place

Dave Newsham will start on pole for Sunday's opening British Touring Car round at Brands Hatch after topping qualifying.

The Team ES Racing Vauxhall Vectra driver set a time of 48.483s in the first third of the session. He could not improve thereafter - and had an off – but nobody could beat his early mark.

Reigning champion Matt Neal qualified the new NGTC Honda Civic in second with a late run of 48.615s.

Rob Collard (WSR BMW) and Andrew Jordan (Eurotech Honda Civic) were third and fourth after setting exactly the same time. Jordan's last run was spoiled by Newsham's team-mate, Chris James, as the session ended.

Thanks to electrical issues throughout the day, Gordon Shedden only made it out for the last 10 minutes. He managed a time good enough for fifth – 48.745s – but that was disallowed for going over the track limits. He will therefore start ninth.

Jason Plato was also late out in his new works MG6, but still recorded a sub-49s lap to qualify sixth.

Rob Austin's Audi and Frank Wrathall's Toyota were next, while early pacesetter Nick Foster made it three WSR BMWs in the top 10.

BTCC debutant Adam Morgan was 13th quickest in his Speedworks Motorsport Toyota.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98515

Last edited by Windy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

British Touring Car Championships Empty Re: British Touring Car Championships

Post by Windy Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:21 am

Round 1 qualifying times

1. Dave Newsham Team ES Racing.com Vauxhall Vectra 48.483secs
    2. Matt Neal Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic 48.615secs
    3. Robert Collard eBay Motors BMW 320si 48.698secs
    4. Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing Honda Civic 48.698secs
    5. Tom Onslow-Cole eBay Motors BMW 320si 48.765secs
    6. Jason Plato MG KX Momentum Racing MG6 48.868secs
    7. Rob Austin Rob Austin Racing Audi A4 48.883secs
    8. Frank Wrathall Dynojet Toyota Avensis 48.963secs
    9. Gordon Shedden Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic 49.022secs
    10. Nick Foster eBay Motors BMW 320si 49.078secs

11. Mat Jackson Redstone Racing Ford Focus 49.100secs
    12. Jeff Smith Pirtek Racing Honda Civic 49.166secs
    13. Adam Morgan Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis 49.176secs
    14. Aron Smith Redstone Racing Ford Focus 49.257secs
    15. Lea Wood BINZ Racing Vauxhall Vectra 49.421secs
    16. Ollie Jackson AmD Tuning.com VW Golf 49.604secs
    17. Liam Griffin Redstone Racing Ford Focus 49.623secs
    18. Chris James Team ES Racing.com Vauxhall Vectra 49.861secs
    19. Andy Neate MG KX Momentum Racing MG6 50.126secs
    20. Tony Gilham RCIB Insurance & HARD Honda Civic 50.617secs

21. Tony Hughes Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis 52.301secs
    22. Daniel Welch Welch Automotive Proton Persona 1min 02.449secs
    23. John Thorne Thorney Motorsport Vauxhall Insignia No time

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

4th, 3rd, 1st

sunny
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:21 am

What a great advert for the MG6, all 7 1/2 hours of it!

Love the fire breathing side exhausts, in darker conditions it will look like a V8 supercar!

Plato in his MG6 now leads the 2012 British Touring Car Championships!

MG KX Momentum Racing is in joint 3rd.

MG is 1st in the constructors championship.

Edit: Shedden has been disqualified from race 3 which I guess puts MG KX Momentum Racing is in 3rd.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Windy wrote:What a great advert for the MG6, all 7 1/2 hours of it!

Love the fire breathing side exhausts, in darker conditions it will look like a V8 supercar!
    yes, it was hardly out of shot!

The sideskirts are now blue. The extra width makes the car seem lower, more like a ZS.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Officials unhappy with the excitment: "officials fined Robert Collard (£500) and Jason Plato (£750) and put three penalty points on both drivers’ competitions licences following on-track incidents."

BRANDS HATCH RACE ROUND-UP

Robert Collard, Matt Neal and Jason Plato shared the wins in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship’s first three races of 2012 today at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit in Kent. A win for double Champion Plato in race three – notably also for the famous MG badge on its return to the championship – means he leads the standings as the title race now moves to Donington Park in Leicestershire in a fortnight (14/15 April).

Dave Newsham had qualified on a career-first pole position for the opening race but his Team ES Racing.com Vauxhall Vectra crashed out in a tangle with Plato’s new MG KX Momentum Racing MG6. This enabled Collard’s eBay Motors BMW to sneak through for victory. Finishing second and third were Neal’s new Honda Yuasa Racing Team Honda Civic and Collard’s team-mate Tom Onslow-Cole.

Neal then came out on top of a long tussle with Plato to win race two – the first victory for a car built to the BTCC’s latest ‘Next Generation Touring Car’ technical regulations. In fact it was an NGTC ‘1-2-3’ as Andrew Jordan’s Pirtek Racing Honda Civic was second after muscling past Plato’s MG in the closing laps. Meanwhile there was a lucky escape for Nick Foster who rolled his eBay Motors BMW onto its roof.

Plato’s victory in race three – which increased his career record tally of wins to 69 – came after he turned the tables on Jordan by passing him for the lead at mid-distance. Jordan took second ahead of Newsham who, after his race one disappointment, ended the day on a high with a maiden podium result. Significantly the race needed to be re-started after a multiple pile-up shortly after the original start forced a red flag stoppage.

The results mean Oxford’s Plato takes away a slender lead to Donington Park (14/15 April) with Worcestershire’s Neal, Staffordshire’s Jordan and Hampshire’s Collard in hot pursuit.

“We honestly never expected this so soon so we’re all cock-a-hoop,” enthused Plato. “I must take my hat off to my team – I’m just a small part of it all and they have worked their socks off to get this car ready. It’s still way off being fully sorted so I’d imagine the rest of the pit lane is probably feeling a bit scared…”

Neal commented: “It’s great that the new Honda has shown race-winning pace on its debut but I don’t think I’ve started a season before when the competition has been so fierce. The BMWs were on fire and Jason and that MG also look like they might take a bit of catching. We can’t afford to leave any stone unturned.”

Jordan added: “Any other day I’d be very pleased with two seconds but I’m slightly disappointed that the win got away from me in race three – it’s certainly got me fired up for my home event at Donington. The main thing, though, is we’ve come away from the first round with a decent points haul.”

Collard, who backed up his race one win with a pair of sixths, said: “I’m delighted with the win so a bit disappointed to be off the podium in the next two races but at least we’re in the hunt from the off.”

Having dominated 2011’s Manufacturers/Constructors Championship, Honda/Dynamics find themselves trailing MG/888 after Brands Hatch’s three races. And it is Pirtek Racing, thanks to Jordan and team-mate Jeff Smith’s combined efforts, which has stolen an early lead in the HiQ Teams Championship. Jordan and Pirtek also lead the Independent drivers and teams’ standings respectively.

Elsewhere, officials fined Robert Collard (£500) and Jason Plato (£750) and put three penalty points on both drivers’ competitions licences following on-track incidents. The Honda Yuasa Racing Team’s Gordon Shedden was also excluded from race three’s results after his team carried out unauthorised work on his car during a red flag period.

Source: http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2905
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:22 am

The story from MG sponsor "The Sun":

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/4233457/Jason-Plato-beats-odds-to-win-in-first-BTCC-race-of-2012.html

"The race was red-flagged. And Plato made the most of the break by giving himself a wee weight advantage by having a quick pee up against the spectator bank by the startline!"
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:16 am

Windy wrote:The story from MG sponsor "The Sun":

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/4233457/Jason-Plato-beats-odds-to-win-in-first-BTCC-race-of-2012.html

"The race was red-flagged. And Plato made the most of the break by giving himself a wee weight advantage by having a quick pee up against the spectator bank by the startline!"
    Plato said to Louise on camera that an enforced break was the perfect time to go for a drink of KX!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:38 pm

More from The Sun including a video of JP's post race thoughts - well worth watching.

We took a brand new, untested MG to Brands Hatch for the first round of the British Touring Car Championship.

And we silenced all the doubters — and there were plenty of ’em — by winning a race and coming away in the lead of the championship.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/4236418/Jason-Plato-column-Cloud-nine-Im-on-cloud-10.html
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:51 am

Plato travels to Donington so confident in the MG6 he doesn't bother with any testing Exclamation

So on the Monday morning after Brands me and the guys from 888 Engineering, who build and run the car, all had a sit-down to decide the next step.

And we decided that rather than just rush out and squeeze in a bit of testing, we would concentrate on ORGANISATION.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/4254696/BTCC-Jason-Plato-column-Looking-good-but-280-jobs-to-do.html
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:58 am

British Touring Car Championships St_8185_69a5

Plato gives MG6 first pole

Points leader Jason Plato will line up in pole position on the grid for the first of tomorrow’s three Dunlop British Touring Car Championship races at Donington Park.

Plato’s new MG KX Momentum Racing MG6 set the fastest lap early in this afternoon’s qualifying session before rain thwarted his rivals’ chances on the swooping Leicestershire track.

It was the 36th pole of Plato’s illustrious career – achieved, significantly, in a car carrying maximum success ballast – and the former double Champion from Oxford was still ecstatic.

“This is one of the most satisfying of all,” he enthused. “We knew the rain was coming so popped in a fast lap early on, but what a result for the team and this car. It is still very new to racing but we got a win out of it at Brands Hatch and it just gets better and better.”

Fife’s Gordon Shedden will start alongside Plato from second on tomorrow's grid – his best lap in his Honda Yuasa Racing Team Honda Civic was just 0.054s adrift of Plato’s pole time. His Honda team-mate Matt Neal, the reigning Champion from Worcestershire, was third.

Shedden commented: “I had a few hairy moments out there – that is the maximum I could achieve with the car. But I’m on the front row so can’t complain too much given the problems I had at Brands Hatch.”

Neal added: “Even though my car has slightly less ballast than Jason’s the gap to him is still three tenths of a second. We have no more left in the tank. We need Jason to make a mistake tomorrow and he doesn’t make many of those.”

Another Honda driver, independent Andrew Jordan – one of the local favourites from Lichfield – was fourth in his Pirtek Racing Civic. He was one of the few drivers to improve his position as the track started to dry slightly in the session’s closing stages – another was Robert Collard who moved up to fifth in his eBay Motors BMW at the expense of Warwickshire ace Mat Jackson’s Redstone Racing Ford Focus ST.

Dave Newsham, who took pole two weeks ago at Brands Hatch, was this time seventh in his Team ES Racing.com Vauxhall Vectra. But perhaps the driver ruing not venturing back out in the final five minutes was Rob Austin – he’d earlier set the fastest first sector of all in his Rob Austin Racing Audi A4 before aborting the lap so wound up eighth overall. Jordan and Jackson’s respective team-mates – Jeff Smith and Aron Smith – were ninth and tenth.

Meanwhile, in total contrast to team-mate Plato, poor Andy Neate failed to set a lap time when his MG suffered a broken differential so will have to start 23rd and last on tomorrow’s grid.

The session was briefly red-flagged after Adam Morgan span his Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis into the gravel trap at Redgate Corner as rain started to fall on the track. And there was a quick spin for Newsham’s team-mate Chris James at the exit of the chicane.

Source: http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2925&month=0&year=2012&form=&searchterm=
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:16 pm

British Touring Car Championships St_8185_69a5

This photo of the MG6 is the only one with that story for the article! Terrific marketing!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:55 am

patpending wrote:...This photo of the MG6 is the only one with that story for the article! Terrific marketing!
    We could be seeing a few more of these, it seems to go very well on two wheels when the available track is not wide enough for four!

Plato overtaking Nash:
    British Touring Car Championships JP
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:10 am

Results:

Race 4:
    Plato 4th
    Neat 16th

Race 5:
    Plato 17th
    Neat 12th

Race 6:
    Plato 2th
    Neat 19th

Drivers Championship:
    Plato 1st
    Neat 18th

Constructors Championship:
    MG 2nd

Plato, who set the race's fastest lap, added: “That race was great fun. I was passing cars left right and centre but then Gordon… he just drove extremely defensively and was jumping on the brakes in places where you don’t brake. Into the final corner he braked incredibly early and it just caught me out, a bit like the incident between me and Jackson in the first race when he went into my rear bumper.”"
    Source: http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2928&month=0&year=2012&form=&searchterm=

Plato has now been moved down into 3rd for race 6 for pushing Shedden in the final corner...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:08 pm

I watched the first lap of the second race, and the third race.

I couldn't believe how Plato came from the back up to (provisional) second place.

The commentators mentioned whoever was on camera - and Plato in the MG!

I'm sorry for Andy Neate's luck.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:46 am

Plato now has second place in race 3 back again as Jackson was disqualified for using too much turbo boost, for reasons I don't understand that has extended Platos lead. Chris James has done badly picking up a rather serious 5 points on his racing license - bad language is not acceptable!

British Touring Car Championships 7077809277_4dab7a660a_c
    How long before he rolls it?

DONINGTON RACE ROUND-UP

Mat Jackson and Gordon Shedden shared the wins in today’s three highly-charged Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship races at Leicestershire’s Donington Park circuit. But it is Jason Plato who, despite a crash, still heads the points table as Britain’s premier motor racing series heads south for its next three races at the fastest circuit on the calendar, Thruxton in Hampshire, on the weekend of 28/29 April.

Plato had given his MG KX Momentum Racing MG6 a first-ever pole position in Saturday’s qualifying session. But he could only finish fourth in today’s first race behind Jackson’s Redstone Racing Ford Focus ST and the Honda Yuasa Racing Team Honda Civics of Shedden and team-mate Matt Neal.

Shedden then led home Neal in race two for a dream 1-2 result for the factory Honda squad with Jackson following in third. It also meant the season’s first five races had each been won by a different driver, while Neal now took over the championship lead after Plato crashed out in a tangle with Robert Collard’s eBay Motors BMW.

In race three Jackson crossed the line in first ahead of Plato and Shedden. But officials then demoted Plato to third with a time penalty after they judged he had unfairly bumped Shedden off the track at the final bend. Officials also later excluded Jackson from the results after it was discovered his car had exceeded the permitted turbo boost limits, meaning the Warwickshire driver had to be content with just the one win on home ground.

His exclusion also meant Shedden inherited the victory ahead of Plato and a jubilant Tony Gilham who, in his Team HARD. Honda Civic, had achieved a maiden top three result as well as his first maximum score in the Independent Drivers Trophy. Plato also moved back to the top of the standings as Neal, the reigning Champion, span out of the race in a clash with Pirtek Racing Honda driver Andrew Jordan.

Oxford racer Plato, aiming for a third BTCC title in 2012, commented: “It’s been a very topsy-turvy day for me. The speed of the MG was clear for all to see with that brilliant pole position lap but then things just didn’t go our way in the races. My crash was just a racing incident but then to drive through from 17th to finish on the podium in race three again underlined just how special the MG is and I believe it will fly at Thruxton.”

Worcestershire’s Neal said: “Everything was going great until race three – a third in race one and then a great result for Honda in race two. But race three showed just how quickly it can all change again in the BTCC and now I find myself chasing Jason again as we go to Thruxton. But the main thing is we’re still right in the hunt and my Honda won’t have quite so much success ballast to deal with as his MG around.”

Following a torrid opening round two weeks ago at Brands Hatch, Fife ace Shedden, who becomes the first driver to win twice in 2012, has vaulted to sixth in the championship. He said: “I feel we’ve got our just rewards today despite Jason’s best efforts! The Honda has been fantastic all weekend around Donington and that’s a great sign for Thruxton where again having a good car in high speed corners counts for a lot. It’s the perfect way to bounce back after Brands Hatch and my championship is now back on track.”

Jackson was left to rue what might have been, saying: “Losing the win in race three is a big blow but a win and a third in the first two races are still two very good results. It’s shown we’re capable of taking it to factory teams and I’m going to Thruxton fully intent on rattling their cages again.”

Meanwhile Honda/Dynamics and the Honda Yuasa Racing Team respectively have moved to the top of both the Manufacturers/Constructors and HiQ Teams championships. Jordan and his Pirtek squad have also increased their leads in the Independent Drivers and Teams title races.

Elsewhere a number of teams and drivers were penalised by officials at Donington Park. MG KX Momentum Racing, Rob Austin Racing and Thorney Motorsport all received verbal warnings for moving their cars into their pit garages without permission before the session had ended. Chris James received an official reprimand and 2 penalty points on his competition licence for an on-track incident in race one plus, later, a further 3 penalty points and a £1000 fine for using abusive language and behaviour within the venue. Jeff Smith, Dave Newsham and Andrew Jordan received verbal warnings for on-track incidents. Jason Plato received a 2-second penalty for gaining an unfair advantage on the track. Mat Jackson was excluded from the results of race three for a technical infringement.

Source: http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2930
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 am

Thruxton

Plato still leads the Championship though not be much, MG need to do some work to catch up with Honda in the Manufacturers Championship.

Jason Plato (#99), BTCC Standings: 1st, 129 ponts “What a great weekend for the MG KX Momentum Racing team on my side of the garage. We’re still leading the points in the drivers’ championship and considering that we hadn’t run the car in the wet before, a 2nd, 3rd and 4th should be pleasing for everybody.”

Andy Neate (#49), BTCC Standings: 19th, 12 points. “It’s been another disappointing weekend for me. Yet again we’ve had failures from a common component supplied to us, which is very frustrating. I’m looking forward to the chance to do some testing for the first time with this car and coming back stronger at Oulton Park next time out.

THRUXTON RACE ROUND-UP

Warwickshire’s Mat Jackson and Fife’s Gordon Shedden, the latter with a victory double, shared the wins in today’s three rain-soaked Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship races at the high-speed Thruxton circuit in Hampshire.

Oxford’s Jason Plato continues to lead the points table but only just from new second-placed man Shedden as Britain’s premier motor racing championship now heads to the spectacular Oulton Park circuit in Cheshire for its next three races on the weekend of 9/10 June.

Staffordshire’s Andrew Jordan had headed Saturday’s qualifying session to line up on pole position for the first of today’s races. But it all went wrong for the Pirtek Racing driver at the first bend as his Honda Civic tangled with Plato’s MG KX Momentum Racing MG6 and crashed.

This left the way clear for Jackson to reel off his second win of the season in his Redstone Racing Ford Focus ahead of Inverness’s Dave Newsham in his Team ES Racing.com Vauxhall Vectra and Plato. Newsham’s second place was the best of his career so far. Having started from lowly 18th and 19th spots after a disastrous qualifying session, Shedden and team-mate Matt Neal, the reigning Champion, were sixth and tenth.

Shedden was unstoppable in race two as he quickly made up positions to pass Jackson for the lead and a comfortable win. Plato took second ahead of Jackson in third. Neal was fifth. In race three Shedden and Neal then simply romped clear of the opposition to give Honda a dream 1-2 result. Third, adding to earlier fifth and fourth place results, was the impressive Frank Wrathall in his Dynojet Toyota Avensis. Plato was fourth.

As a result, Plato leaves Thruxton holding a four-point lead from the charging Shedden. Next up are Neal, Jackson and Hampshire’s Robert Collard who, on his home track, took a fourth and two seventh places today in his eBay Motors BMW.

Plato enthused: “We’ve had zero running in the wet before with the MG so to take away a big points haul on a rainy day is very pleasing. We’ve got a big test programme planned between now and Oulton which should really enable us to make big gains with the car.”

Dalgety Bay’s Shedden, who also set the fastest lap in all three races at Thruxton, added: “Two wins at Donington a fortnight ago and another two wins today… it’s been a mega weekend, even if qualifying didn’t go our way. The Civic’s chassis really came into its own today in the wet and round the fast corners but it’s still early days.”

And commented Droitwich Spa’s Neal: “It’s been a bit of a scruffy day for me so to get on the podium in the third race was a good way to finish – and of course it’s another great result for Honda. The main thing is I’ve come away still in the hunt but it’s extremely competitive out there.”

Jackson, from Henley in Arden, said: “The conditions today haven’t been ideal for the Focus which runs a slightly smaller tyre compared to the Honda and MG so I’m delighted by what we’ve achieved today. It’s all about consistent scoring and not letting the others escape at this stage.”

Meanwhile, Honda/Dynamics and the Honda Yuasa Racing Team have extended their respective leads in the Manufacturers/Constructors and HiQ Teams championships respectively. Jackson and Redstone Racing have taken over at the top of the Independent Drivers and Teams standings.

Elsewhere, two drivers were today penalised for on-track incidents. Redstone Racing’s Liam Griffin was handed a time penalty in race three which relegated him from 11th to 12th place while team-mate Aron Smith was officially reprimanded and had two penalty points added to his competition licence for an incident in the previous round at Donington Park.
    Source: http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2962&month=0&year=2012&form=&searchterm=

Pit lane was crowded but the weather saw most spectators leaving early!

British Touring Car Championships Thruxton%201

British Touring Car Championships Thruxton%202

British Touring Car Championships Plato-Thruxton

British Touring Car Championships Plato%20-%20Thruxton%202

British Touring Car Championships Plato%20-%20Thruxton%203
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:04 am

Andy Neate is having trouble. Can his car really be RHD as per the comment I have seen? car 44 was LHD at Brands (copyright photo) w ww.f lickr.com/photos/ghand_39/7032245649/in/photostream/

EDIT looks like the comment is probably wrong (due to spray?).

Last edited by patpending on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:26 am

patpending wrote:Andy Neate is having trouble. Can his car really be RHD as per the comment I have seen?
    Appears to be LHD looking at my photos from Thruxton but due to the weather none of them are very clear!

Andy didn't appear to be trying very hard, where Plato was hitting the curbs in the same place nearly every time, Andy was always missing them by a fair amount, he was being quite neat but not very fast! Mind you I think almost everyone at Thruxton apart from the Hondas were being very careful as coming off onto the wet grass at the high speeds was likely to result in huge damage. Even Jason seemed to be being careful after his qualifying experience. The Hondas have had far more testing all winter and where able to trust their cars not to swap ends.

Hopefuly MG will get some testing done before the next race during the break.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 am

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:Andy Neate is having trouble. Can his car really be RHD as per the comment I have seen?
    Appears to be LHD looking at my photos from Thruxton but due to the weather none of them are very clear!

Andy didn't appear to be trying very hard, where Plato was hitting the curbs in the same place nearly every time, Andy was always missing them by a fair amount, he was being quite neat but not very fast! Mind you I think almost everyone at Thruxton apart from the Hondas were being very careful as coming off onto the wet grass at the high speeds was likely to result in huge damage. Even Jason seemed to be being careful after his qualifying experience. The Hondas have had far more testing all winter and where able to trust their cars not to swap ends.

looks like the comment is probably wrong (due to spray?). The comment that Vettel and Webber have different spec Red Bulls, so which one is used to base work on(?), pales into insignificance next to LHD/RHD!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:34 am

patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:

looks like the comment is probably wrong (due to spray?). The comment that Vettel and Webber have different spec Red Bulls, so which one is used to base work on(?), pales into insignificance next to LHD/RHD!
    Ahh - Andy Neate has two cars, one LHD and one RHD!

British Touring Car Championships No%2044

Both No. 44 clown
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

I know how to improve Andy's results on track. Orange ones are faster!
    Roverman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2010-02-12

Post by Roverman Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 am

I wouldn't mind a 6 with the full livery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am