MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
richardk
frankie40
6 posters

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

IainForgan
    IainForgan

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2012-12-28

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland - Page 2 Empty Re: How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

Post by IainForgan Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 am

preetoo wrote:
    frankie40 wrote:Hi both, That should be OK with me too. Cheers, Frankie

Excellent Frankie. I'll post a message on the MG6 Register page just now.

12.30, Dutch Inn, Falkirk FK2 8NU - Sunday 03 March Smile

Krgds

Ant
    Hi Ant can you let me know whether you will be on your own or will anyone be coming with you?
    I want to firm up numbers at the Dutch Inn.

I would like to put a post on the MG.org forum (perhaps a bit of a risk) and on the MGmotor facebook site to see if anyone wants to join us. Do you have any objections to this?
    I am not expecting this to be a major event, more to be an informal chat over a light snack between a limited number of Scottish MG6 owners to discuss our ownership experiances for the mutual help of each other. And of course to take some photo's.
    We are quite looking foreward to the meeting.
    Cheers
    Iain

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland - Page 2 Empty Re: How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

Post by Windy Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:03 pm

IainForgan wrote:I would like to put a post on the MG.org forum ...
    I didn't even know that there was an www.mg.org forum, made for an interesting read, but they don't seem to have many MG6 over in North America Exclamation

IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Windy wrote:
    IainForgan wrote:I would like to put a post on the MG.org forum ...
    I didn't even know that there was an www.mg.org forum, made for an interesting read, but they don't seem to have many MG6 over in North America Exclamation

I was just being lazy should have quoted MG-Rover.org. forum.
    preetoo
    preetoo

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by preetoo Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:20 am

Hello gents

My mother's taken ill so unfortunately I can't make Sunday. If you decide to go ahead and meet up I hope you have a good time, and I'll catch you at some point in the future.

Cheers for now,

Ant
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

Hi Ant,

Sorry to hear about your Mother.

Christine and myself will still go there for a snack. I will post on the MG register facebook page an update just in case someone was planning to be there.

I would imagine that the MG6 family in Scotland will be having an explosive growth shortly as there are five (all SE's) for sale at Evans Halshaw in Falkirk, some more at their Kilmarnock branch and a couple more in Stratstone in Edinburgh. They are being advertised both on ebay and Autotrader.

I hope that one day we will be able to meet one day and compare notes.

Cheers
    Iain
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:32 am

frankie40 wrote:Hi both, That should be OK with me too. Cheers, Frankie

Hi Frankie, I have just had a message from Preetoo (Frankie) He has had to call off on Sunday due to family problems.

Christine and myself will still be going to the Dutch Inn for a small snack.

If you are still free to come over it would be great to have a chat with you and perhaps take a few photo's of the cars.

My email is ( iain dot simpson8 at btinternet dot com ) This is probably the best way to contact me.

Cheers
    Iain
    frankie40
    frankie40

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2012-10-17

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland - Page 2 Empty How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

Post by frankie40 Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi Ian, It’s sad that Ant can’t make it on Sunday due to family illness, but I also found out today that I may also have to miss out too, although the final outcome won’t be known until Thursday.

I have had a niggling problem with my rear screen heater and heated mirrors switching off after 2 minutes rather than the 12 minutes that they’re supposed to stay on for.

Anyway, I called Adam at MG Customer Support and he’s coming up on Thursday to Morrisons in Stirling to sort the problem out. He hopes it will be a simple fix by adjusting the settings in the Body Control Module but there is a possibility that the BCM will have to be changed and if that’s the case, my car will be in for 2-3 days. I will have the use of a courtesy car, but it will be a Seat Ibiza.

If I get my own car back, I will still meet you on Sunday as planned (fingers crossed).

Failing that, I’m afraid that I will have to call off, but I will keep you informed, and if need be, I’m sure another mutually convenient date can be arranged.
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Frankie, We will just have to wait and see.

The only outstanding thing on my car is that I am waiting for a new top for one of my ignition fob's.(Christine's one)

I took photo's of the odometer and the broken top then emailed them to Dreadnaught last week. It is now in the hands of MGMotorUK.

It would be nice if Adam could bring it up on Thursday. I could then drive over to Morrisons on Thursday and collect it. It's not very far for me to go there.

I might give Claire at Dreadnaught a ring tomorrow and see how it is going.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 am