MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hello from deepest China

Tee in China
    Tee in China

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-03-29

Hello from deepest China Empty Hello from deepest China

Post by Tee in China Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Hello to all, My name is Terry and I'm currently residing in Taizhou city,Zhejiang Province in SE China. I see MG7's and Roewe 750's and 550's on a daily basis and my home is close to both dealerships. I look forward to any update regarding the future of MG. I will be attending the Auto Show in Shanghai at the end of this month and will take lots of pictures of both MG and Roewe models for reference

Last edited by Tee in China on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Hello from deepest China Empty Re: Hello from deepest China

Post by patpending Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:52 pm

Tee in China wrote:Hello to all, My name is Terry and I'm currently residing in Taizhou city,Zhejiang Province in SE China. I see MG7's and Roewe 750's and 550's on a daily basis and my home is close to both dealerships. I look forward to any update regarding the future of MG. I will be attending the Auto Show in Shanghai at the end of this month and will take lots of pictures of both MG and Roewe models for reference
    I look forward to that! I wonder if the MG Wasp will feature? Wink Laughing

I am now going away to look up Taizhou - and what a Zhejiang registration looks like. Do you have a car yourself, Terry?
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 am

Hi, sadly no car! too dangerous though as Chinese drivers have their own set of rules of the road! Both sides and both directions are normal if your side of the road is full just make another lane on the other side(usually happens in both directions which can be a little scary)and then there are always the pavements if more room is needed!! My bicycle is quite fast enough thank you :-) btw there are two Taizhou Cities, one in Jianxi Province and this one in Zhejiang!! Will look out for the Wasp when I go
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:16 am

Tee in China wrote:btw there are two Taizhou Cities, one in Jianxi Province and this one in Zhejiang!! Will look out for the Wasp when I go
    Welcome on board Terry,

I suggest you get to the show early, otherwise we will just get pictures of crowds! With the American manufacturers unable to afford a stand this year MG and Roewe will have even bigger crowds than normal!

I'll look forward to you posting some photos, maybe I will add a motor show section to our gallary.

Taizhou must be a wealthy place if you see lots of MG7 and no MG3SW? It's easy to find info on the other Taizhou in Jiangsu province, home city of your President but not so easy for yours, I guess being away from the Yangtze river delta in deepest China it's not so well connected to the rest of the world?
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:18 am

Tee in China wrote:Hi, sadly no car! too dangerous though as Chinese drivers have their own set of rules of the road! Both sides and both directions are normal if your side of the road is full just make another lane on the other side(usually happens in both directions which can be a little scary)and then there are always the pavements if more room is needed!! My bicycle is quite fast enough thank you :-) btw there are two Taizhou Cities, one in Jianxi Province and this one in Zhejiang!! Will look out for the Wasp when I go
    I'll see if I can find the right one then.

By the way I think the news release about the MG Wasp http://www.mguk.org/china-news-f3/new-mg-a0-model-unveiled-mg-wasp-t90.htm is not unrelated to the date April the 1st...this is it...

Hello from deepest China Mgwasp

however there will be new models for you to see and we will look forward to photos!
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:45 am

Welcome on board Terry,
    I suggest you get to the show early, otherwise we will just get pictures of crowds! With the American manufacturers unable to afford a stand this year MG and Roewe will have even bigger crowds than normal!

I'll look forward to you posting some photos, maybe I will add a motor show section to our gallery.

Taizhou must be a wealthy place if you see lots of MG7 and no MG3SW? It's easy to find info on the other Taizhou in Jiangsu province, home city of your President but not so easy for yours, I guess being away from the Yangtze river delta in deepest China it's not so well connected to the rest of the world?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes Taizhou is a wealthy city full of Porsches,Benz BMW's MGs Roewes and the like Very Happy This Taizhou is fairly new and used to be part of Wenling so the OTHER one gets all the fame(and is much more beautiful) we are still connected Laughing but less so Mad The only 3SW I have seen was last time in Shanghai! Many domestics like Geely and Chery will be vying for customers as well! Should be an interesting show and looking forward to it

Ha patpending, forgot the date Embarassed
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by richardk Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:48 am

Welcome Terry.

Look forward to seeing any pics of MGs you manage to take a the show.

Richard
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:57 am

Tee in China wrote:This Taizhou is fairly new and used to be part of Wenling so the OTHER one gets all the fame...
    Is yours the one which changed its name to Taizhou in 622 AD? In the USA an "old town" is 100 years old(!)

Can you see this video? Is this where you live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEJK9Nr3TiY
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 am

patpending wrote:
    Tee in China wrote:This Taizhou is fairly new and used to be part of Wenling so the OTHER one gets all the fame...
    Is yours the one which changed its name to Taizhou in 622 AD? In the USA an "old town" is 100 years old(!)

Can you see this video? Is this where you live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEJK9Nr3TiY

Ha, maybe not that new then! Cant see that video Mad but did find this:-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taizhou,_Zhejiang
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:57 am

Tee in China wrote:[Ha, maybe not that new then! Cant see that video Mad but did find this:-
    Thanks. I think that's the place. Lots of modern skyscrapers and green fields...

this internet is a marvellous thing!
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:21 am

patpending wrote:
    Tee in China wrote:[Ha, maybe not that new then! Cant see that video Mad but did find this:-
    Thanks. I think that's the place. Lots of modern skyscrapers and green fields...

this internet is a marvellous thing!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am