MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
snifferdog1
Podders
simcor
Morris Motors
adaveabbott
Dorset Rocket
Dynamo
Steven211
Jerry Zedman
Roverman
mckenzie1971
Wasequiped
docjunior2008
MartinZT
BurnleyRover
ZTsteve
DillTheDog
DougN
richardk
skyblueads
dentricrio
Perkins
Windy
27 posters

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd

richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG KX MOMENTUM RACING – LEADING THE WAY

Post by richardk Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 am

Press Release:

MG KX MOMENTUM RACING – LEADING THE WAY

Media Information: 12th April 2012

The MG KX Momentum Racing team head to Donington Pak this weekend for the second instalment of the 2012 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). It was a fairy-tale start to the championship last time out at Brands Hatch and the Triple Eight run squad are looking to keep the momentum going at the Leicestershire venue.
    As the premier four-wheeled British Motorsport series, the BTCC is acknowledged to be tough and unforgiving and so to arrive at the first round of the championship with a brand new, un-tested car was a challenge, even for a team with the race winning pedigree of Triple Eight Race Engineering. The team’s quality shone through though, as the new MG6 performed admirably and defied the odds to take victory in the hands of Jason Plato on its first appearance at a race weekend.
    Despite this unprecedented debut success, the Banbury based team are not resting on their laurels. With the proof that their new car has race winning performance, the team have re-doubled their efforts to ensure that the MG6 is fully prepared to undertake its next challenge; the undulating Donington Park circuit, where this weekend MG KX Momentum Racing will again look to fight it out right at the front of the field.
    Jason Plato, MG KX Momentum Racing #99:
    “What a fantastic start to our 2012 BTCC Campaign, I am really looking forward to this weekend; I have a hunch that the flowing nature of the circuit will perfectly suit my MG6. Donington Park is one of my favourite tracks. The team have been working so hard to get us in tin top condition and I'm confident we can keep the momentum flowing! “
    Andy Neate, MG KX Momentum Racing #44:
    “The opening race weekend of the series was tough for me and lady lucky certainly didn’t seem to shine. Donington is a new chapter though and there were signs of encouragement throughout the weekend at Brands, meaning I’m optimistic I can take a step forward this weekend. “
    Ian Harrison, MG KX Momentum Racing Team Principal:
    “Brands Hatch was an exceptional debut weekend for the team, but we’re realistic and know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and they certainly won’t all be like that. It’s fantastic for us to be in the first two garages and be leading the series at this stage of the season, but it’s where we are after the last round, not the first that I’m focussed on.“
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty Re: News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd

Post by Windy Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:12 pm

I can understand the use of "keep the momentum going" but "tin top condition" ? It wouldn't be a touring car if it had a soft top!

Looking forward to the race, good luck to the team.
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG enters contract hire market

Post by richardk Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:08 am

Press Release:

MG enters contract hire market

MG is entering the lease hire business with a new contract hire scheme called MG Lease.

From today MG Lease will be offered throughout MG Motor UK’s dealer network and news of the scheme has already generated interest from companies and individual drivers.

Initially MG6 GT fastback S and SE models will be available under the scheme. Within a few months MG6 GT TSE models and MG6 Magnettes will be added, along with used MG6 VAT qualifying cars up to a year old and with a maximum of 15,000 recorded miles.

Richard Bourton, MG Motor UK’s Regional Operations Manager in charge of MG Lease, said: “There is a huge potential for the MG6 to be marketed to the ‘user chooser’ company drivers who want to be seen to be driving something different from their colleagues.

“The distinctive MG6 will certainly stand out from the crowd in the company car park which is often dominated by Mondeo and Insignia models. I think the MG will have big appeal.”

A three-year 30,000 mile contract hire agreement on an MG6 GT fastback in S trim, including metallic paint, has a first payment of £734.97 + VAT and 35 monthly payments of £249.99 + VAT. These fantastic rates are supported by ALD Automotive, Europe’s second largest contract hire provider, which manages more than 900,000 vehicles worldwide.

Richard added: “This is our first venture into the fleet business and all the signs are that it will be a great success, given the interest we have already seen.

“We’ve had lots of business people asking about contract hire and now we can offer them a great deal. The MG6, with its enormous boot and spacious cabin, offers business people so much more than its competitors.”

Ends.
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY…

Post by richardk Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 am

Media Release:

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY…

Media Information: 15th April 2012

The Donington Park circuit in Leicestershire was today’s venue for the second race weekend of the 2012 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship. The MG KX Momentum Racing Team continued their strong start to the season, as Jason Plato once again took the new MG6 to a podium finish.
    The MG KX Momentum Racing team book-ended the grid for Race One following Jason Plato’s maiden pole position for the team yesterday, in a qualifying session that saw Andy Neate suffer technical issues. Rob Collard’s BMW lead the race into the first corner from 6th on the grid, dropping Jason to P2. He quickly caught the BMW though and moved to take the lead on lap 5, but as Mat Jackson tried to follow him through, the Ford driver out-braked himself and ran into the back of Jason’s MG6, forcing him across the grass and down to 4th where he would finish.
    Andy Neate had an eventful race, after a great start gaining five places he was again low on luck getting into several minor scrapes with other drivers which hampered his progress through the field. He continued to battle though and came home 16th.
    Race Two was one to be put down to experience for the fledgling MG KX Momentum Racing team. After a strong start for double BTCC champion Plato, as the leading cars came to complete the first lap, contact between Jason and the BMW of Collard resulting in both cars spinning, with Jason also contacting with the wall. A lengthy pit-stop to repair some damage to the car ended any hope of a points paying position and so the quick thinking Triple Eight team used the rest of the race as a test session, with Jason making a total of 4 pit-stops to try different settings.
    Andy again looked to battle through the field from his P16 starting spot and after enduring some tough battles with the mid-field runners, his efforts were rewarded though as he brought home four valuable championship points courtesy of his 12th place finish.
    The reverse grid for race 3 always ensures plenty of action and today’s race was especially eventful! Unfortunately Andy picked up some suspension damage in the melee of the first lap and despite the team’s best efforts to repair it, was forced to retire. Jason started the race from 17th on the grid after his Race Two adventures, but after the frantic opening laps, he had hauled himself into 9th as the Safety Car was deployed on Lap 5. At the restart Jason began to pick his way through the field one by one to incredibly move into a podium position by Lap 15, he then had a titanic battle with Shedden’s Honda that went all the way to the final corner with some contact that saw both cars skate through the gravel and although Jason finished ahead on the road the officials later reversed the positions after an appeal, which still ensured a podium finish for the team.

Jason Plato, MG KX Momentum Racing #99:
    “It always seems to be a roller-coaster ride of a day for me here at Donington and we’ve had that sort of day again today. Yesterday’s Pole Position was fantastic, but today’s been up and down with the results, but overall a 4th and a 3rd from the back in Race Three is solid. We will of course look to come back stronger again for Thruxton in two weeks.
    Continues below.

Andy Neate, MG KX Momentum Racing #44:
    “I feel empty handed to be honest, especially after the disappointment of qualifying. The car felt better and better as the day went on and I really think we could have come away with something- I was up to sixth after the first couple of laps in Race Three but, I was somehow spun on the start finish straight, which frustratingly ended my weekend. I’m able to go to Thruxton in the knowledge that the car has some real speed and the potential is there.

Ian Harrison, MG KX Momentum Racing Team Principal:
    “It’s been a mixed weekend overall, Jason has again got the best out of the car, but we’ve got into a few situations that meant we haven’t collected the points we perhaps could have. Andy’s been on the back foot since qualifying, through no fault of his own. After solid drives in Race One & Two we’ve had to disappointingly retire his car with significant damage after some poor driving standards in Race Three. Really there’s been too much damage up and down the Paddock today, it needs looking at.
    Looking ahead to Thruxton though, we should be competitive there and will be working to improve the car to ensure we’re as strong as possible.”
    Ends.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 am

Good to see they are getting organised and got that written on the day this time Smile

They might also have pointed out that Jason Plato is still leading the drivers championship, although now only due to plenty of fastest laps! : http://www.btcc.net/html/standings.php?standings_id=1&season_id=55
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:32 am

The MG6 diesel will launch in the final quarter this year. MG will return to Europe during 2013.

MG (Keith Harris) on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/MGmotor
    Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by Dorset Rocket Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:37 am

Yes, I understand the MG6 diesel will start being produced at Longbridge in September for dealer launch in October.
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG Icon star of Beijing Auto Show

Post by richardk Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 am

Press Release:

April 23 2012

MG Icon star of Beijing Auto Show

MG unveiled the MG Icon concept car to stunned audiences at the Beijing Auto Show today.

It’s the first SUV concept car from the company and was created by the MG global design team headed by British director Anthony Williams-Kenny.

The MG Icon takes inspiration from some of the legendary brand’s most famous sports cars including the MGA and MGB GT. Williams-Kenny said: “The MG brand has a unique set of values and heritage and allows us to offer individual design values to our products. The MG Icon represents our vision of a modern MG and we feel that the small SUV canvas demonstrates MG’s capacity for progressive design with respect for its long heritage.

“We have balanced familiar brand cues, such as the wide and powerful front end graphic interpretation and, as one would expect, with a strong focus on the unique MG octagon.

“The MG Icon clearly demonstrates a progressive and soulful British spirit and has a lithe and powerful stance – its proportion harmonised by feature lines interpreted from MG’s iconic greats.”

The MGB GT inspired rear with structural lamps mounted on top of haunched wings are another highly distinctive feature of the design. The MG Icon has a four ‘shell’ seat layout. The rear seats can fold down completely into the floor, making the compact SUV versatile and functional.

Williams-Kenny added: “The MG Icon highlights a global vision for MG’s design and represents a milestone for the brand, particularly this year which marks the 50th anniversary of the MG B.”

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG KX MOMENTUM RACING TEAM HEAD TO HIGH-SPEED THRUXTON

Post by richardk Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:22 am

Press Release:

Media Information: 24th April 2012

The MG KX Momentum Racing team head to Thruxton this weekend for rounds seven, eight and nine of the 2012 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). It has been a busy start to the season for the championship leaders, with the first three race weekends all falling in April. The team is looking for a strong weekend, with the BTCC taking a six week break before the next instalment of the season at Oulton Park.

The Thruxton circuit in Hampshire is the fastest circuit on the 2012 BTCC calendar, with the average speed of the qualifying lap record being in excess of 111mph. The high speed nature of Thruxton means that championship tyre supplier Dunlop have to produce a special edition tyre, that is capable of enduring the high loads the tyres are put under during the weekend’s competition.

Thruxton has been a happy hunting ground for the Greatworth based Triple Eight Race Engineering squad, with the team having won nine of the last fifteen BTCC races held there. The MG KX Momentum Racing team will be hoping the new MG6 can enjoy similar pace around Thruxton to the teams Vauxhall predecessor.

The flat out curves of Thruxton do ensure that the Hampshire venue is a favourite amongst the BTCC drivers and both MG KX Momentum Racing drivers are relishing the opportunity to get back behind the wheel of their MG6 race car’s this weekend.

Jason Plato (#99), BTCC Standings: 1st – 84 points:

“I just love Thruxton, of all the UK circuits we visit on the calendar, this is the one that gets your heart racing the most. It is a huge challenge for the drivers and engineers and interestingly the last time I had a perfect set-up for this circuit was in 2001, in a Triple Eight engineered car. Ian and his team always produce an amazing chassis for Thruxton. It’s time to win some races!”

Andy Neate (#49), BTCC Standings: 18th – 12 points:

“Donington was a tough weekend for me and so I’m delighted to back behind the wheel so soon afterwards and put that weekend behind me. Thruxton is a great circuit to be heading to next as well, which will hopefully suit the MG6. Overall I’m looking for a strong and consistent weekend.“

Ian Harrison, Team Principal, BTCC Standings: Teams - 5th – 93 points, Manufacturers – 2nd - 157 points:

“Thruxton has been a good track for us in the past, but with our new car it doesn’t stand for much to be honest. Thruxton’s fast turns command respect from both drivers and the team, so we will be ensuring that we get the best speed out of the car, while keeping an eye on the dreaded tyre wear. It also looks like the weather will be a factor this weekend, so all in all, it’s a bit of a lottery!”

Ends
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG Icon wins major award

Post by richardk Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:40 am

Press Release:

April 27 2012

MG Icon wins major award

MG has scooped a major design award with its stunning MG Icon
    concept car.

It has been awarded the prestigious ‘Best Concept’ title at the Beijing
    Motor Show, one of the most sought-after awards on the international
    automotive show calendar.

The MG Icon beat the Lamborghini Urus, Mercedes-Benz Concept Style
    Coupe and Honda Concept C.

Autoweek, one of the USA’s leading automotive magazines, announced

the awards and will present MG with an engraved trophy at a later date.
    Greg Kable, a highly acclaimed international motoring journalist and
    Autoweek’s German editor, was glowing in his remarks about the Icon.

Kable said: “The Icon continues MG’s resurrection under parent
    company SAIC Motor, bringing newly interpreted heritage style to the
    compact-SUV ranks in a package that will see it compete directly against
    the likes of Nissan Juke and the Mini Countryman.”

No plans have been announced concerning production of the MG Icon.
    It’s the first SUV concept from MG and was created by the MG global
    design team headed by British director Anthony Williams-Kenny. It takes
    inspiration from some of the legendary MG models of the past, including
    the MGA and MGB GT.

Williams-Kenny said: “It’s a great honour to win this very important

award, particularly when the judges put the MG Icon ahead of so many
    other famous brands.

“The judges obviously shared our enthusiasm and vision for MG which is
    one of the best loved brands in the world.”

Williams-Kenny, who also led the design team responsible for the
    award-winning MG6 production car, has recently been promoted to his
    new role as Global Director, SAIC Design.

The MG6 GT fastback and the MG6 Magnette sports saloon were
    designed and engineered at SAIC Motor’s European Technical Centre at
    the MG Birmingham site where final assembly of both models also takes
    place at the MG Birmingham site.
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG in quest for BTCC promotional stars

Post by richardk Wed May 16, 2012 11:24 am

Press Release:

May 16 2012

MG in quest for BTCC promotional stars

Have you ever watched motor racing on the television and wanted to be part of the glitz and glamour? Well MG Motor UK may be able to help.

MG is searching for candidates to form a top team of promotional staff for the rest of the 2012 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season. For successful candidates it could be the start of a career in modeling or promotional work.

The MG KX Momentum Racing team is already attracting lots of attention from race fans and the Press with double-champion Jason Plato leading the championship in his racing MG6 GT after three rounds of the series. His teammate, Andy Neate, has been dogged by bad luck but is fighting back strongly with seven rounds of the championship still to go.

As a member of the eight-strong MG promotional support team, you will be able to help us have as much success off track as the drivers are having on the tarmac.

We are looking to uncover the faces of the future. So, if you are an aspiring model or have always fancied trying out some promotional work then this could be just the break you were looking for. It’s an opportunity to get involved with an iconic brand at a series of high profile events, covered live on ITV.

MG Motor UK will cover all your expenses, provide accommodation over the race weekends and arrange for photographs to be taken throughout the season which you can use to start or add to your portfolio.

This opportunity is open to people over the age of 17. Although the races are at tracks across the UK, the factory support team always departs from the MG factory in Birmingham, so being located in the Midlands would be an advantage – we are always keen to work with the local community.

If you want to join the MG team then you need to provide us with two recent photographs and explain in no more than 500 words why you think you have what it takes to be one of the faces of MG for 2012.

Please remember that the MG team will be chosen for their personality and brains and not just their looks so the statement is far more important than a glamorous picture!

To be considered please send your photographs and statement along with your date of birth, home address and contact numbers to: MG Promotional Staff Search, MG Motor UK, Sales & Marketing Department, Lowhill Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham B31 2BQ. You an also e-mail info@mgmotor.co.uk using MG Promotional Staff as the subject heading.

The closing date for applications is Monday, May 28 2012 at 5.30pm. Candidates who are shortlisted will be invited to a final review and fitting of team clothing at MG Birmingham later that week.

For more information about MG in motorsport visit www.mg.co.uk and any questions can be sent to info@mgmotor.co.uk

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed May 16, 2012 3:18 pm

"For successful candidates it could be the start of a career in modeling [sic] or promotional work.

So, if you are an aspiring model or have always fancied trying out some promotional work then this could be just the break you were looking for.

Please remember that the MG team will be chosen for their personality and brains and not just their looks so the statement is far more important than a glamorous picture!

This opportunity is open to people over the age of 17. "

Doesn't mention "women" anywhere!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed May 16, 2012 5:03 pm

patpending wrote:Doesn't mention "women" anywhere!
    It's normally the Roewes that get the men, the MG's get the women, maybe that doesn't apply in UK where there are no Roewes?

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 2012050320_0d1fa5251ed26d98e43dREiWWbO75EwW

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 2012042900_61d883c8ad6061411e5a4yYbOvX6M4CE
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG launches Privileged Members Car scheme

Post by richardk Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 am

Press Release:

May 23 2012

New council leader urges employees to support MG

MG Motor UK is launching a special scheme for employees of local industry, councils and other organisations.

Membership of the first MG Privileged Members Car Scheme is being offered to the 46,000 people who work for Birmingham City Council. Other schemes will follow shortly.

In one of his first engagements since being appointed, the new Leader of Birmingham City Council, Sir Albert Bore, today pledged his commitment to both MG Motor UK and the council workforce when he launched the first partnership car scheme.

Sir Albert is keen for others in the private and public sector to follow his lead. He said: “The new administration is delighted to support this initiative. Our policy is to buy Birmingham wherever possible. This will create work in the city and get our people back in jobs.

“MG’s new scheme will give Birmingham City Council staff an incentive to buy Birmingham when they are thinking of buying a car. This can only be good for the city.

“Council employees have been affected both financially and in terms of morale in recent years with huge changes to their terms and conditions through Equal Pay and the Birmingham Contract. And this deal is part of our Fresh Start to thank and value our dedicated and loyal workforce.

“I want to make it quite clear that supporting MG will be a council priority. We are delighted that there are 400 highly-skilled jobs at Longbridge. Just a few years ago we were faced with the prospect of an empty site and the loss of those skills. MG has shown a commitment to Birmingham. We will show a commitment to MG.”

Sir Albert Bore inspected some of the latest MG6 cars to roll off the assembly line outside the Council House today (10am, Wednesday 23 May). He also paid tribute to the role of the previous Leader of the City Council, Mike Whitby, in supporting MG and for exploring the staff deal.

Guy Jones; Sales and Marketing Director of MG Motor UK, said: “We have had great support from Birmingham City Council ever since MG Motor UK started operating and recognise that the council is one of the largest employers in the region.

“We are happy to extend our partnership even further by offering council employees membership of the Privileged Car Scheme and hope that many will soon be driving our great cars.”

End
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty UNDULATING OULTON UP NEXT FOR MG KX MOMENTUM RACING

Post by richardk Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:14 am

Press Release:

UNDULATING OULTON UP NEXT FOR MG KX MOMENTUM RACING

6th June 2012

It’s back to race action this coming weekend (the 9th/10th June) for the MG KX Momentum Racing team, after a six week break in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). The fourth instalment of Britain’s premier four-wheeled Motorsport series comes from the popular Oulton Park circuit in Cheshire.

Despite the recent break, it hasn’t been a case of downing tools for the Oxfordshire based Triple Eight squad, as they have made good use of the time to catch-up on some of the pre-season testing, which was missed due to the late start to the season the team had debuting the all new NGTC-spec MG-6.

The team firstly headed to the MIRA test venue with Andy Neate to ensure they had overcome the technical gremlins that blighted the Buckinghamshire resident’s Thruxton race weekend. Assured that this had been achieved, the MG KX Momentum Team next headed to Rockingham. A full day’s running with two cars was achieved, with both drivers declaring themselves happy and confident progress had been made with the MG-6, in what was the team’s first chance to test and really experiment with an NGTC-spec car.

The team is now concentrating on ensuring a solid race weekend is achieved for both cars at the popular Oulton Park circuit. With the championship fight starting to take shape, where Jason Plato leads the Honda duo of Gordon Shedden and his old foe Matt Neal in the title chase, the team know the importance of fighting at the front with both MG-6 cars for the remainder of the season.

Jason Plato (#99), BTCC Standings: 1st – 129 points:
    “Oulton Park can’t come soon enough; to say my tail is in the air would be an understatement. We had a successful test at Rockingham recently and have more knowledge about the MG6. I genuinely believe we are homing in on the sweet spot in the chassis. Oulton is one of my favourite circuits on the BTCC calendar; podiums are definitely in the script.”

Andy Neate (#49), BTCC Standings: 19th – 12 points:
    “I’m looking forward to getting back to racing after the extended break in the series. The break came at good time for me though; as it gave us a chance to solve the technical issues I’ve been struggling with and then get some much needed test mileage under our belts. Oulton was my strongest race weekend last year and so I’m really heading there with aim of kick starting my season and fighting for a good haul of points.“

Ian Harrison, Team Principal, BTCC Standings: Teams - 5th – 140 points, Manufacturers – 2nd - 235 points:
    “It’s been nice to pause slightly and catch our breath after a flat out start to the season. From a standing start in February to the first race in March and to then go onto complete the first nine races of the season in just six weeks has been tough. Given that, to be leading the drivers’ championship is quite incredible. There’s a long-way to go. We need both cars up there from now on, as we have been haemorrhaging points with mainly technical issues. Hopefully these are under control now as we head towards mid-way point of the season..”
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty UPS AND DOWNS AT OULTON PARK FOR MG KX MOMENTUM RACING

Post by richardk Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:56 am

UPS AND DOWNS AT OULTON PARK FOR MG KX MOMENTUM RACING

Media Information: 10th June 2012

MG KX Momentum Racing secured two podium finishes at today’s three rounds of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) at Oulton Park, after a somewhat bitter sweet day for the team.
    Race One of the day showed how cruel Motorsport can be. After a brilliant Pole Position yesterday Jason Plato suffered a suspension issue on his way to the grid, robbing him of the chance to fight for victory. It was a double blow as it also meant Jason started Race Two from the back of the grid. The silver-lining was that Andy Neate produced his strongest performance of the season to-date, charging through from his 12th place on the grid to score solid points in 7th.

It was all change for Race Two as the bad luck switched to Andy’s side of the garage. After a promising start to the race, a technical failure unfortunately caused him to retire. The size of the task facing Jason Plato was enormous. However, unperturbed he set about battling past the cars in front of him one by one. Incredibly, with three laps to go he had caught Daniel Welch in third place and passed the Proton as they crossed the start/finish straight to secure his sixth podium of the season.

For Race Three the top nine cars on the grid were reversed, meaning Jason lined up on the grid in 7th. He made steady progress in what proved to be a stop/start race that was interrupted by two lengthy Safety Car periods, following on-track incidents. In the closing stages the front four including the two Honda’s, Onslow-Cole’s BMW and Jason’s MG6 battled closely for the lead, with Plato eventually finishing second to record a podium double for the day and secure the team’s seventh podium finish of the 2012 season.

Jason Plato (#99), BTCC Standings: 3rd – 161 points:
    “Being quickest all day yesterday and getting the pole, it was obviously disappointing to not even start Race One and it’s hurt our weekend. To start from the back of the grid in Race Two and get a podium and then a second in Race Three means we don’t need to be too disheartened. It’s a long year and we’ve scored some good points, onwards to Croft!”

Andy Neate (#49), BTCC Standings: 19th – 21 points:
    “We’ve had strong pace this weekend, which means the technical issues we’ve suffered are doubly frustrating. Having moved forwards in Race One to a solid seventh, I was confident we could continue that upward trend. Unfortunately the technical failures haven’t allowed us to do so, but that’s racing.”

Ian Harrison, Team Principal, BTCC Standings: Teams - 5th – 181 points, Manufacturers – 2nd - 284 points:
    “Another mixed day for MG KX Momentum Racing, where disappointingly we have failed to finish strongly with both our cars in each of the days three races here at Oulton Park. There was solid pace from both drivers throughout the weekend and some good results, but we want to start converting our potential into points finishes with both cars and we’ll be looking to do so from Croft onwards.”
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:03 am

Andy is car 44!

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 PA1115136
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 am

I want to know what Andys technical issues where? Looked like engine issues...

And "we have failed to finish strongly with both our cars in each of the days three races" doesn't read quite right, JP had two strong finishes and AN one reasonable one so it should read that they failed to finish strongly with one of their cars in each of the days three races.

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty The MG KX Momentum Racing team head north again this weekend

Post by richardk Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:34 am

Press Release:

MG KX MOMENTUM RACING HEAD NORTH TO CROFT

Media Information: 20th June 2012

The MG KX Momentum Racing team head north again this weekend for the fifth instalment of the 2012 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). The Croft circuit in North Yorkshire will play host to rounds 13, 14 and 15, the final chance for the team to impress, before the BTCC series begins its six week summer break.

Last time out at Oulton Park the Triple Eight run MG KX Momentum Racing squad endured something of a bitter sweet weekend. Jason Plato secured his second Pole Position in four events, however failed to take the start of Race One after a technical issue on the way to the grid. Jason fought back in the second and third races of the day, taking two further podium finishes to limit the damage to his championship campaign.
    Andy Neate’s weekend at Oulton Park ran somewhat in contrast to Jason’s. In Race One when Jason was forced to retire, Andy was busy recording his best finish of the season. Then as Plato fought back in races two and three, it was Andy’s turn to suffer with technical gremlins, as a double engine related failure robbed the young Englishman of improving on his strong start to the weekend.
    With the summer break almost in sight, both MG KX Momentum Racing drivers and the entire team are determined to close the first half of the season on a high. Strong performances and results, for both sides of the garage are the recipe for Croft.

Jason Plato (#99), BTCC Standings 3rd – 161 points:
    “I can't wait for Croft; it's like coming home for me, having been brought up in Newcastle. It's a great circuit with a fantastic combination of corners and I am confident we can get a great set of results this weekend. Having lost the championship lead at Oulton Park, I will start the weekend with 18kgs less success ballast. Pole position in qualifying is the target and then wins must be on our radar. Let's get ready to rumble!"

Andy Neate (#44), BTCC Standings: 19th – 21 points:
    “I’m pleased that after Oulton Park which had a tough end to a weekend that showed a lot of promise, we’re able to get back racing so soon. I’m looking to build on the positives from Oulton and rectify the negatives, in order that I can head off into the summer break on a high“

Ian Harrison, Team Principal, BTCC Standings: Teams - 4th – 181 points, Manufacturers – 2nd - 284 points:
    “Croft is a circuit that always throws up some strange results, and with the unpredictable weather which is forecast, I don’t see this year being any different. JP is well in touch with the opposition, even though we had a no score in Race One at Oulton and I expect him to be on it at Croft. Andy had a great first race at Oulton, but then the bad luck crept in again for him; I expect him to build on the positives from Oulton.”
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty CK TO FRONT FOR MG KX MOMENTUM RACING

Post by richardk Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 am

Press Release:

BACK TO FRONT FOR MG KX MOMENTUM RACING

Media Information: 24th June 2012

The MG KX Momentum Racing team secured their second race victory of the 2012 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) season at the Croft circuit in North Yorkshire. Jason Plato recovered from a first race technical issue, to win the third race of the day - the 70th victory of the Englishman’s BTCC career.

For the second race meeting running, Jason failed to make it to his grid slot for the start of Race One, as the technical issues that blighted his qualifying session yesterday returned. The MG KX Momentum Racing Crew worked away at the problem and got Jason back out on track to record some running and check the issue was resolved. Andy Neate had a strong opening lap and moved forwards from his 9th place start, bringing his MG6 home in 6th to equal his best finish of 2012 to-date.
    Jason set out in Race Two to repeat his heroics from Oulton Park two weeks ago, where he came from the back of the grid to secure a podium finish. Despite a determined drive he couldn’t quite match that, however he did come through to seventh to score solid points and put himself in the mix for the reverse grid draw. Andy had a solid run to score his second successive points finish of the day, coming home in 9th position.
    The Triple Eight run, MG squad’s luck seemed to turn for Race Three of the day. The reverse grid draw was kind to the team, placing Andy on the front-row in 2nd position, with Jason directly behind in 4th. Both MG’s made good getaways to battle the fast starting rear-wheel drive BMW’s into Turn One. Andy then fought his way past Foster for the lead, with a brave move into Lodge corner. Jason was soon behind him, as the two MG6’s ran first and second. Jason then moved into the lead as Andy lost some pace in his car after some contact with one of the Honda Racing cars when battling for position, he fell backwards to finish 9th. Jason held on to win brilliantly, completing his back to front day and keep the pressure on his championship rivals.

Jason Plato (#99), BTCC Standings: 3rd – 192 points: “A great end to what had been something of a tough weekend. Getting the win means the team can head into the summer break with optimism for the second half of the season. We made some changes to the set-up in that last race, which took the car in the right direction and with some testing and some development parts, we’ll be ready to fight when we get to Snetterton in August”

Andy Neate (#44), BTCC Standings: 17th – 46 points: “It’s good to come away from Croft with three top ten finishes. It’s disappointing to have led the majority of Race Three and not won it, especially as I think I had the pace to do so. The Safety Car bunched everyone up and I lost some temperature and pressure in my tyres, which means I couldn’t hang on, but it’s pleasing to have at least been fighting right at the front!”

Ian Harrison, Team Principal, BTCC Standings: Teams - 4th – 235 points, Manufacturers – 2nd - 360 points: “It’s been a difficult weekend, with the technical problems that carried across from yesterday to this morning on Jason’s car. But he had a brilliant drive in Race Three, which is what I expect from him, he’s the stand out driver in this series. Andy had a solid weekend and it should have been even better, having lead the majority of the race, it’s just unfortunate that it fell away at the end, but at least he’s proved he can fight outright for wins”
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG’s parent company opens base in USA

Post by richardk Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:08 am

Press release:

July 3 2012

MG’s parent company opens base in USA

SAIC Motor, MG’s parent company, has opened a base in the USA to extend its North American operations.

Nearly 100 people will be based in SAIC USA’s 30,000 sq. ft offices in Birmingham, a suburb of Michigan. They will focus on three key areas: purchasing, logistics and technology and engineering.

The office will work with almost 150 different North American automotive parts, materials and component suppliers and logistics will concentrate on the export and import of automotive parts. It will also deal with the design, engineering and quality control for the development and production of vehicle components and parts.

SAIC has a long standing joint venture with General Motors and senior engineers at MG Motor UK are involved with GM on the development of future engines.

Last year SAIC Motor sold more than 4 million vehicles and is the eight largest automotive manufacturer in the world. China overtook the USA to become the largest car market in the world in 2009 and last year 20 million new cars were sold in China.

Ends.
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty Drive to recruit engineers for future MG cars

Post by richardk Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:10 am

Press Release:

July 3 2012

Drive to recruit engineers for future MG cars

High calibre engineers and designers are urgently needed to work on the next generation of MG cars.

SAIC Motor’s UK Technical Centre, based at MG Birmingham, needs to recruit professional engineers and designers due to the huge international success of the MG brand. New MG cars, such as the award-winning MG6 models, now sell in dozens of countries.

David Lindley, Managing Director of SMTC UK, said: “Modern MGs are designed and engineered in Birmingham and sold in an ever increasing number of markets throughout the world.

“As well as the UK and China, MG has recently expanded into markets such as Egypt, Uruguay and New Zealand. This is a huge success story for British designers and engineers and, we have a fantastic range of future products to work on.

“But the rate of growth has increased pressure on us and we new need to recruit more top class people. We are looking for bright, professional automotive specialists who have the enthusiasm and drive to help us push the MG and Roewe brands even further ahead.”

SAIC Motor is the eighth largest automotive company in the world and includes both MG and Roewe, a brand sold exclusively in China, in its portfolio.

Vacancies at the MG Birmingham site include specialists in body engineering, engines, transmissions, vehicle integration and design. A regional recruitment event took place on Tuesday, July 3 at Dunston Hall in Norwich.

Further details can be found at saicmotor.co.uk or contact hrdept@saicmotor.co.uk
    richardk
    richardk

Post by richardk Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 am

richardk wrote:Press Release:

Vacancies at the MG Birmingham site include specialists in body engineering, engines, transmissions, vehicle integration and design. A regional recruitment event took place on Tuesday, July 3 at Dunston Hall in Norwich.

With Dunston Hall a small step from Lotus Cars and Lotus Engineering looks like a good venue to choose.
    Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by Dorset Rocket Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:54 am

Looks like the current engineers are already busy on MG6 updates - the picture with the recruitment information appears to shown a stripped out MG6 interior with a new 'traditional' handbrake fitted in place of the current 'umbrella handle'..
    patpending
    patpending

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG6 Now available on the Motability Scheme

Post by patpending Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 am

Mail received:

http://mgmotor-news.co.uk/SRF-THAI-864BVMTL52/cr.aspx

MG are now advertising the MG6 and Motability.

If anyone knows how to show that picture, I would be grateful...

Title: MG6 Now available on the... I was thinking "cheap? Never-never? Continent? Laughing
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:26 am

patpending wrote:If anyone knows how to show that picture, I would be grateful...

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 W600_2170763_motability2

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 W276_2270752_mg6gt News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 W275_2270754_mg6magnette

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:38 am

Reading that again, it's very definitely "MG6 GT" - which must be better for stowing wheelchairs and similar equipment. Is the Magnette not covered, I wonder? or is that silver one an uncredited Magnette?

PS How DID you do that?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:57 am

patpending wrote:PS How DID you do that?
    Right clicked on the image, selected properties, cut and pasted the URL into the post between [ i m g ] ... [ / i m g ] tags...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 am

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:PS How DID you do that?
    Right clicked on the image, selected properties, cut and pasted the URL into the post between [ i m g ] ... [ / i m g ] tags...
    bounce bounce albino

"View image info" in Firefox and there it is! Thanks!
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 11 Empty MG Birmingham help drive world success

Post by richardk Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Press release

July 17 2012

MG Birmingham help drive world success

SAIC Motor, the parent company of MG, is continuing to accelerate the business at a phenomenal pace.

Increasing sales of MG cars worldwide has helped to push the company into the top ranks of the prestigious Fortune 500 World rankings. In the past few years the firm has rocketed from 461st place to now stand at the 130 spot.

The American Fortune magazine has just released the figures for 2012 showing that SAIC Motor climbed a further 21 places in the listing this year alone spurred on by a sales income of $67.25 billion.

MG Motor UK is SAIC’s first car operation in Europe and the MG brand is now being introduced to new markets throughout the world, with engineers and designers in Birmingham being at the heart of the expanding operation.

SAIC Motor has joint venture operations with both GM and Volkswagen, however the star performer has been its wholly-owned brands of Roewe (the China-only brand) and MG. During the first half of 2012 sales of Roewe and MG grew by 12.2%.

Overall SAIC’s sales of vehicles in the first six months of this year hit 2,232,597, an 11.4% increase and set a new record despite the pace of the market slowing overall.

There was success too for SAIC’s joint venture with VW with a growth of more than10% in the first six months. The GM joint venture saw sales grow by more than 9.7% and Shanghai General Motors’ cars still occupies the number one spot for sales in the Chinese market.

In the first half of 2012 the high-end Roewe 950 model was introduced to the China market along with the MG5 saloon. Much of the design and engineering work on the MG5 was carried out at the MG Birmingham site.

SAIC is continuing to increase investment in research and development both in China and the UK. Work is about to start on expanding the Design Centre at the MG Birmingham site which will double the size of the existing facility and an advanced Engine Test Cell facility has recently come on stream.

In China SAIC Motor is leading the quest to bring new “green technology” vehicles to market, again with input from specialist engineers in Birmingham.

Ends

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm