MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

4/5 from Torqueabout.com!

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

4/5 from Torqueabout.com! Empty 4/5 from Torqueabout.com!

Post by patpending Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

http://torqueabout.com/mg3-review

MG have done well to understand what the market wants and package it up at price that people will be happy to pay. They’ve done their homework and it deserves to do well. Whilst it may not quite cover absolutely everything you may ever want from a car, it does however give you everything you’ll ever need. You’ve got to admit, it’s a hell of a lot of car for ten grand, and however mad you go with the options list you’d probably struggle to end up spending much more than £11,500 in total. MG have been bold with the equipment levels and pricing and in doing so have proved a point to both customers and competitors alike. Expect to see more red octagons on a street near you soon.
    4/5 from Torqueabout.com! Mg3-038.jpg?zoom=1
    Price:

If you’ve seen the new TV or print adverts for the MG3, you’ll notice that, admirably, they have advertised the price for the top spec model rather than trying to snare you with a low on the road price only to disappoint you when you look into it more closely. As well as winning points for honesty, this strategy is likely to work in MG’s favour in attracting savvy buyers who want to know exactly what their money is going to buy them from the outset.

Graphics:

The great thing about these graphic options is that you can be fickle. Have one put on, then if you change your mind, or fashion changes it for you, then you can swap it for something else or remove it totally without ruining the car. Each pack is only a couple of hundred quid, meaning it can be used as an inexpensive way to keep your car looking fresh and interesting without breaking the bank.
    Engine:

I wouldn’t say it’s particularly under or over powered, more that there is simply enough.

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

4/5 from Torqueabout.com! Empty Re: 4/5 from Torqueabout.com!

Post by Windy Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:17 am

I've just read his Peugeot 2008 review to see if he is always so positive, I guess the Peugeot 2008 is a competitor to the MG3 and it scores almost as much, but it is very obvious that he much preferred the MG3 and the price of the Peugeot 2008 for a decent specification with the necessary options added makes the MG3 look a real bargain!
    littlechicken
    littlechicken

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Post by littlechicken Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:41 am

I would say the Peugeot 208 is more a 3 competitor than a 2008, the 2008 will compete against the MG CS.

Good review on the MG3 Very Happy 
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:07 am

littlechicken wrote:I would say the Peugeot 208 is more a 3 competitor than a 2008, the 2008 will compete against the MG CS.

Good review on the MG3 Very Happy 
    I don't know much about Peugeots, but isn't his 2008 test car with its 3-cylinder 1.2 litre petrol with 82 bhp going to have a hard time competing with the 4WD 235bhp MG CS?

Looking at his other reviews, he always gives at least 3 stars and very rarely gives 4, the MG3 is in the rare group that gets 4 stars beating completion like the Porsche 911 and Lexus RX450h.

MG say the MG3 competes with the Mini which got one of his lowest scores:

With an entry price for the Cooper S Roadster of more than £19,000 and a list of options that can push the tag up closer to £25,000 in a blink, the Roadster is not cheap. And with the basic model offering something that just feels a little… well… basic...
    Some genuinely interesting reading on that website, so much better than Autocar etc. Thumbs Up 
    littlechicken
    littlechicken

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Post by littlechicken Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:30 am

Base model 2008 is a 2WD 1.2 , but the range include 4WD models.

I thought the MG CS was 135BHP 2WD?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 am

littlechicken wrote:Base model 2008 is a 2WD 1.2 , but the range include 4WD models.

I thought the MG CS was 135BHP 2WD?
    It will have a choice of two engines, the 2.0L Turbo with around 235bhp and the 1.5Turbo with around 135bhp. The specification sheet had 4WD only, not sure I have read about a 2WD version but I wouldn't be surprised if there is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:57 am