MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Fastest selling car.

adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Fastest selling car. Empty Fastest selling car.

Post by adaveabbott Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:26 am

Summit cars of Dudley say, the MG3 is their fastest ever selling car. Now isn't that nice to know!
    Podders

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2013-12-28

Fastest selling car. Empty Re: Fastest selling car.

Post by Podders Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:03 pm

The phrase "fastest selling" is meaningless.
    Jobbybob
    Jobbybob

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2013-12-24

Post by Jobbybob Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:21 pm

How many have they sold?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:31 pm

MG3 is dealer’s fastest selling car

MG’s new MG3 supermini has become the fastest selling car that a widely experienced Midland dealer has ever sold.

Summit Garage (Dudley) in the heart of the Black Country was established in 1945 and has been closely associated with MG ever since it first started trading.

John Newey, who runs Summit with his brother, Nick, said: “It’s quite astonishing. I’ve taken firm orders for 10 MG3s and I expect to take lots more as people begin to realise just what a great value-for-money package the car is.

“I’ve had customers trading in Ford Fiesta, Nissan Micra and Vauxhall Corsas and they have all been staggered by the low price and high levels of standard equipment on the MG3.”

Summit Garage, in Himley Road, Lower Gornal, Dudley, is one of 10 MG dealer and service outlets in the Midlands. A total of 13 new MG dealerships have opened across the UK in the past 20 months as the dealer network continues to expand.

Alongside the MG3 Summit has an MG6 GT DTi-TECH diesel demonstrator and the dealership is also an authorised MG service and repair centre.

Summit Garage was started by John and Nick’s grandparents, Jack and Olive Newey, in 1945.

John is a huge MG fan and privately owns several classic MGs, including a rare carbon fibre bodied MG SV-R, an MGR V8 and an MG ZTT diesel automatic with 193,000 miles on the clock. John plans to hit the 200,000 mile milestone in it this year.

He said: “MG produced some great cars in the past, but I’m equally excited about the future and selling the new MG3. It’s a superb car and offers unbeatable value for money.

“I’ve driven both the MG6 and the MG3 extensively and they are both impressive cars packed with all the sophisticated equipment that you would normally pay extra for on other cars.

“The latest MGs have all the hallmarks of earlier MGs and I welcome both current and new MG customers to come and see the latest models – although interestingly the latest MGs are attracting people who have never owned MGs before.”

In recent months new MG dealerships have opened in Woking, Gloucester and two in Sheffield.

They join the ranks of new MG dealers in Brighton, Derby, Stoke-on-Trent, Cambridge, Lincoln, Grimsby, Cwmbran in South Wales and Baldock in Herts.

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Without knowing the time period the number doesn't mean much and I suspect he may have cheated slightly by building up a queue before becoming a dealer!

Still, good to see that it is selling quite well even at a dealer most people wont know is there to start with.
    Jobbybob
    Jobbybob

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2013-12-24

Post by Jobbybob Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:37 pm

Hmmm... 10 doesn't seem so many to me. Is it quite a small dealer?
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:40 pm

so "faster than Metro", "faster than wedge", "faster than 1100" - it's quite a claim!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:01 am