MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Nice review from new owner.

adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Nice review from new owner. Empty Nice review from new owner.

Post by adaveabbott Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Thought you would like to share this review.non expert review of 2 week old MG3
    MG MOTOR UK MG3 1.5 VTi-TECH 3Form Sport 5dr (Review date: 12th November '13)
    As title says I have the car for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. My last car was an Hyundai Coupe and it went through petrol like a drunk goes through ale. I like watching motor sport on TV and had noted a MG6 but never seen one on the road so in curiousity I began a search and came across the MG3. I was immediately taken by its looks, without stickers, and asked my wife if we could go and have a look at one up close. I found Michael Edwards in Wigan and 4 weeks ago on a Saturday we went to have a look. Up close I found it even more appealing and after a quick chat with her that will be obeyed, decided that we would get one. I wanted the black one but she liked the Cherry one in the showroom, we went for the Cherry one? It was ready for delivery so we filled in all the paperwork we could and over the next week Emailed all other relevant documents. A week later I was driving away in a brand new, rare on the road, MG3. 2 weeks later and I have no doubt I made a good decision. Economy is well within the boundaries of acceptability, the handling is positive and sure, noise is not a problem, even at 80 on the motorway.

All dials and switches are within easier reach and feel solid, I like to drive with the steering wheel low so the adjustment was perfect. Grandson is now no problem with the rear doors, no longer have to be a contortionist. Buggy no problem even though it wont go in the boot without lowering the split rear. Gear change is smooth and braking is excellent, acceleration is perfectly reasonable, as at almost 60 I am in no rush to go anywhere, especially an early grave, by tearing around.

Lots of admiring glances and comments, mainly that everyone thought MG was dead and buried. Obviously not I say, designed and assembled at Longbridge, just like the old days but better.

Do yourself a favour and take a look, have a drive, do not listen to the so-called expert. But dont do it too soon as I am enjoying being the owner of a fairly rare breed at the moment.

Practicality5 / 5 Reliability5 / 5 Running cost5 / 5 How it drives5 / 5
    5 out of 5 readers found this review us
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Nice review from new owner. Empty Re: Nice review from new owner.

Post by patpending Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:53 pm

What's the source? Dangling Carrot
    adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Nice review from new owner. Empty Reply to Patpending

Post by adaveabbott Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:32 am

The review was from Auto Trader. Car was bought from Michael Edwards of Wigan.

Sponsored content

Nice review from new owner. Empty Re: Nice review from new owner.

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:18 pm