MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

"MG6 among most beautiful British cars of the year" - reported in Brazil

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

"MG6 among most beautiful British cars of the year" - reported in Brazil Empty "MG6 among most beautiful British cars of the year" - reported in Brazil

Post by patpending Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:51 am

According to research done with the public in England and published by the website "The Richest People", which also publishes the annual ranking of the richest and most powerful personalities in the world, the car was officially launched in June in Brazil is among the handsome British 2011.

The car stands out, according to the site for its unique style among the models available in the market, and therefore among the models with sporty appeal in the UK.

Other famous models in the list, as the Range Rover Evoke, McLaren MP4 12C, Jaguar XF, Mini Cooper Coupe and Noble M600.

In Brazil, the car can be purchased for U.S. $ 99,789, with seven-year warranty and the same complete package of equipment that MG550 sedan. The engine is four cylinder, with a cylinder capacity of 1796 cc, 16 valves, turbo, forged aluminum, which generates an output of 170 hp.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dgabc.com.br%2FNews%2F5910024%2Fmg6-esta-entre-os-carros-britanicos-mais-bonitos.aspx

I wonder how many new models qualify?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

"MG6 among most beautiful British cars of the year" - reported in Brazil Empty Re: "MG6 among most beautiful British cars of the year" - reported in Brazil

Post by Windy Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:28 am

Found it: http://www.therichest.org/auto/british-made-cars/

Glad to see it ahead of the Astra!

I've just had an Astra hire car Evil or Very Mad
    (I accidently brushed the accelerator as I was getting in, so it took off the finger brake and rolled forward! Mad )
    patpending
    patpending

"MG6 among most beautiful British cars of the year" - reported in Brazil Empty Re: "MG6 among most beautiful British cars of the year" - reported in Brazil

Post by patpending Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:13 pm

In Brazil, the car can be purchased for U.S. $ 99,789,

That is a price in Brazilian Reals which I nevertheless calculate as £34,000! which at approx twice the UK price is a lot of wonga...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:03 am

patpending wrote:
    In Brazil, the car can be purchased for U.S. $ 99,789,

That is a price in Brazilian Reals which I nevertheless calculate as £34,000! which at approx twice the UK price is a lot of wonga...
    If I remember correctly Brazil has something like 100% sales tax on imported cars. Maybe it is about time the world trade organisation did something about it.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:30 am

Windy wrote:If I remember correctly Brazil has something like 100% sales tax on imported cars. Maybe it is about time the world trade organisation did something about it.
    I remember finding something techie (an alternator?) from Brazil on the ground at Longbridge. They make VWs in Brazil. I wonder what else? Renaults?

Clearly the importer thinks there is a market!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:30 am

patpending wrote:Clearly the importer thinks there is a market!
    Some Brazilians are quite rich and can afford something different and given that the choice of home made cars is a bit limited...

Interesting that the engines still give out more power there - 170 instead of 160.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 am

Windy wrote:Interesting that the engines still give out more power there - 170 instead of 160.
    Isn't it 168?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:52 pm