MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

MG arrives in Ukraine

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

MG arrives in Ukraine Empty MG arrives in Ukraine

Post by Windy Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:03 pm

In Ukraine there is a new brand from the UK - Morris Garages

In Ukraine will start selling a new car brand from the UK-Morris Garages (MG). Distribution of cars of British brand in Ukraine will AIS group of companies.

On Friday, 28 October, there will be an official presentation of the brand, and premiered in Ukraine new car body sedan-MG 550.

The MG brand was registered in Britain in 1924, the same year reached the sale model 14/28 Super Sports.

A few years, the MG Rover Group was part of the BMW Group, and in April 2005, was purchased by the oldest automaker China-powered by NAC. In December 2004 NAC has teamed up with the largest automaker in CHINA-SAIC.

In 2011 the UK market first for 16 years, a completely new model MG-MG6

Source: http://www.autosite.com.ua/news_article_20724.html

Source includes a test drive video, in Brazilian scratch
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG arrives in Ukraine Empty Re: MG arrives in Ukraine

Post by patpending Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:17 pm

For some months the Ukraine has been mentioned in the dealer list, but not Belarus, which was registered in Riga. (?)

http://www.saicmg.com/english/guide/dealerquery.html#bom
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by skyblueads Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:41 am

I don't understand the double selling of both MG550 and MG6. The 550 just looks awkward compared to the 6, especially when there's a saloon MG6 on offer, why not just ditch the badly rebadged 550?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:13 am

skyblueads wrote:I don't understand the double selling of both MG550 and MG6. The 550 just looks awkward compared to the 6, especially when there's a saloon MG6 on offer, why not just ditch the badly rebadged 550?
    The MG6 is a sports car with hard suspension and low gearing, not very suitable for the roads in a lot of the places that the MG550 is sold. I guess the MG550 wont be sold in Europe so there wont be a Euro version of it and the MG6 Saloon is Euro specification only.

So, selling the MG550 means they don't have to produce two different specifications of MG6 Saloon, but just change the badges on the existing 550.

Although it looks like when the Euro MG6 is available, several non-Euro countries which currently get the MG550 will start recieving the Euro spec MG6 Saloon instead as without Euro spec the MG550 can only be sold in very limited numbers.

If they start to sell in large numbers then it will be worth sorting out properly!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 am

Windy wrote:
    skyblueads wrote:I don't understand the double selling of both MG550 and MG6. The 550 just looks awkward compared to the 6, especially when there's a saloon MG6 on offer, why not just ditch the badly rebadged 550?
    The MG6 is a sports car with hard suspension and low gearing, not very suitable for the roads in a lot of the places that the MG550 is sold. I guess the MG550 wont be sold in Europe...
    defined as "not Ukraine" and "not Belarus anyway any more" pig

IIRC a massive four cars were sold in Poland. (EU). What were they?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:18 pm

patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:
    The MG6 is a sports car with hard suspension and low gearing, not very suitable for the roads in a lot of the places that the MG550 is sold. I guess the MG550 wont be sold in Europe...
    defined as "not Ukraine" and "not Belarus anyway any more" pig

IIRC a massive four cars were sold in Poland. (EU). What were they?
    Well I realy ment countries which require cars to meet EU regulations, which seems to be not all countries in Europe but rather more countries than just those in the EU, countries such as Israel which must be in Europe as it takes part in the Eurovision song contest scratch

Mind you, I hadn't realised that Ukraine was in Europe, but I see it has borders with both Poland and Belarus and is definitely a European country study
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Windy wrote:Well I realy ment countries which require cars to meet EU regulations, which seems to be not all countries in Europe but rather more countries than just those in the EU, countries such as Israel which must be in Europe as it takes part in the Eurovision song contest scratch

Mind you, I hadn't realised that Ukraine was in Europe, but I see it has borders with both Poland and Belarus and is definitely a European country study

cyclops cyclops Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:48 pm