MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

German Journowatch

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

German Journowatch Empty German Journowatch

Post by patpending Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 am

From auto, motor + sport 2/1/12 -

the VW Polo is easily worth the €3,000 extra over the new VW Up as it has carpet everywhere, soft plastic all over the place and an air-conditioned glovebox for drinks.

Has SAAB come to the end of the road? "It could be pulled apart without emotion, as once happened to MG Rover. This would be all the more regrettable given that SAAB's reputation is still better than that of the British marques at the end - so the brand still has a certain value..."

(Most Germans presume B*W bought a basket case which was closed down in 2000). I don't recall seeing one article about Birmingham, or the MG6, let alone the TF...

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

German Journowatch Empty Re: German Journowatch

Post by Windy Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:27 am

patpending wrote:an air-conditioned glovebox
    I don't like cold gloves, I wear gloves to be warm Shocked

patpending wrote:(Most Germans presume B*W bought a basket case which was closed down in 2000). I don't recall seeing one article about Birmingham, or the MG6, let alone the TF...
    They may be in for a surprise later in the year then when MG showrooms start to spring up around Germany...
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:06 am

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:(Most Germans presume B*W bought a basket case which was closed down in 2000). I don't recall seeing one article about Birmingham, or the MG6, let alone the TF...
    They may be in for a surprise later in the year then when MG showrooms start to spring up around Germany...

yes, most Rovers came from fair-weather B*W dealers that stopped selling them in 2000. I do hope Hoffmann and Rink can come back on board - this is on their website!

German Journowatch %284%29%20mg

Here is what their dealership used to look like in MG Rover days...

German Journowatch Hoffmannrink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:12 pm