MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sales figures

adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Sales figures Empty Sales figures

Post by adaveabbott Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 am

Anyone heard the July sales figures for the MG6 in the UK. Always interested to see if sales are on the increase.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Sales figures Empty Re: Sales figures

Post by patpending Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 am

adaveabbott wrote:Anyone heard the July sales figures for the MG6 in the UK. Always interested to see if sales are on the increase.
    Evidently the first Avis cars are coming off-lease so there will be interesting deals in the "young used" market - though it looks like the price will be £10k - £11k range.

I wonder how Avis have found them?

I wonder if Avis have a "platinum card preferred customer" seat at the MG6 diesel trials? I wouldn't expect a big sale to them until the diesel is available - and they bought the first petrol ones over six months after they had gone onto the market...
    Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by Dorset Rocket Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:13 pm

According to SMMT today, 23 MG's were registered in July, down from 36 in July 2011 but not as low as the single figure sales MG had last autumn before the Avis contract started. It would be a great boost if Avis took some more, but I expect like the rest of us they are waiting for the diesel models and (hopefully) the spec upgrades that will come with them.

At least dealer numbers seem to have stabalised at around 35 after several departures in recent months..
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Dorset Rocket wrote:According to SMMT today, 23 MG's were registered in July, down from 36 in July 2011 but not as low as the single figure sales MG had last autumn before the Avis contract started.
    it's still only about two cars every three days from the factory or one EVERY SIX WEEKS for each dealer. That won't keep the network going.

New MGs, please!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:57 am

Dorset Rocket wrote:...It would be a great boost if Avis took some more, but I expect like the rest of us they are waiting for the diesel models...
    I've never hired a diesel, but I normally have a size smaller than the MG6 - are larger hire cars often diesels?

I'm expecting sales to go up a bit when there are a number of second hand Avis cars sitting on all the dealer forecourts, so far they have tended to be hidden inside. The BTCC doesn't seem to have had much of an impact on sales, but maybe it is just not enough on its own.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Windy wrote:
    Dorset Rocket wrote:...It would be a great boost if Avis took some more, but I expect like the rest of us they are waiting for the diesel models...
    I've never hired a diesel, but I normally have a size smaller than the MG6 - are larger hire cars often diesels?

I'm expecting sales to go up a bit when there are a number of second hand Avis cars sitting on all the dealer forecourts, so far they have tended to be hidden inside. The BTCC doesn't seem to have had much of an impact on sales, but maybe it is just not enough on its own.
    I suppose awareness and availability (as well as affordability!) will rise - but will this necessarily boost new sales? people generally expect cheaper alternatives will reduce new sales...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:26 pm

patpending wrote:but will this necessarily boost new sales?
    I don't think there are any examples of similar circumstances to look at but It does seem to me that when a potential customer who doesn't know much about the current MG situation visits an MG dealer and sees everything but MGs on the forecourt and then a very small number of unsold new ones inside it does make the new ones look like they must be undesirable. I'm also sure that even in these days of easy access to information, the majority of customers will have done almost no research. I don't think having second hand ones will reduce new sales, people either want a new one or want a second hand one.

I guess we will find out in the next few months.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Windy wrote:I guess we will find out in the next few months.
    true.

Mind you, 500 Avis MGs is hardly more than 12 per dealer on average!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:53 pm