MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Maxus arrives in Chile

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Maxus arrives in Chile Empty Maxus arrives in Chile

Post by Windy Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 am

Nice background image Maxus arrives in Chile Tower%20bridge1

SAIC Maxus enter the Chilean market

April 10, SAIC Maxus British style South American debut listing ceremony in the Chilean capital of Santiago was held, Commercial counselor of the Chinese Embassy in Chile Shaoying Jun attended the event to congratulate the initial results of SAIC Maxus overseas strategy, The Above Steam Maxus as the representative of a number of outstanding automotive brand in overseas development, encouragement and support. Following the overseas market made a good start in early 2013, SAIC Maxus continued steady progress in its overseas business strategy, to the Chilean market as the beginning of the official South America market Overture played.

Maxus arrives in Chile %E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D(592)

It is reported that the the listing ceremony SAIC Maxus models exported to Chile, including the long axis of 16 models for commuter travel and public transport, 12 short-axis models as well as for logistics and transport logistics edition models. Chilean consumers on the European Department of the brand more popular as the European Department of the wide-body passenger and light SAIC Maxus has a distinct advantage on the product strength. SAIC Maxus from the British centuries commercial vehicle brand LDV, after the integration of SAIC SAIC Maxus maintain the existing advantages, and with an innovation , excellent brand power and force to win the trust of local consumers. As described in the contract with SAIC Maxus Chilean agents on behalf of, compared to the other models in the Chilean market, SAIC Maxus has obvious handling advantage of the space, comfort and security, the economy of the local residents and life has a broad application space, which is the maximum cooperation basis. As the largest commercial vehicle industry in Chile one of the dealers, the company Prior to this, Mercedes-Benz, Germany to establish a cooperative relationship, they also want to find a long-term partner in China, China's largest car company SAIC as their preferred, The outstanding Maxus SAIC force for such cooperation has laid a solid foundation. For SAIC commercial vehicles, with the company due to its Maxus international service standards to ensure the realization of the Chilean market, but also lay a solid foundation for large-scale development of its overseas market area.

Previously, SAIC Maxus has entered, including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and other 12 countries and regions. The formal entry into the South American market, marking the layout to further expand its global marketing network to further improve.
    Source: http://news.xgo.com.cn/53/537618.html
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Maxus arrives in Chile Empty Re: Maxus arrives in Chile

Post by patpending Tue May 14, 2013 4:04 am

Previously, SAIC Maxus has entered, including Australia, New Zealand,
    Singapore and other 12 countries and regions. The formal entry into the
    South American market, marking the layout to further expand its global
    marketing network to further improve.

so that's 13 with Chile, is it? There must be another nine Maxus/LDV countries...China, Malaysia... "regions"?

EDIT South Africa, Burma http://www.mguk.org/t817-maxus-vans

Thailand? Singapore? Laos? Vietnam? Cambodia? Hong Kong? Indonesia?

Last edited by patpending on Tue May 14, 2013 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by Morris Motors Tue May 14, 2013 4:20 am

Is it ever coming back here? It must be outselling MG now!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 am

Morris Motors wrote:Is it ever coming back here? It must be outselling MG now!
    in which country? 5000 a month in China (just MG)

http://www.mguk.org/t866-sales-figures-2013

I think they'll have to be selling 200 a month in Chile to match MG...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue May 14, 2013 4:38 am

patpending wrote:
    Previously, SAIC Maxus has entered, including Australia, New Zealand,
    Singapore and other 12 countries and regions. The formal entry into the
    South American market, marking the layout to further expand its global
    marketing network to further improve.

so that's 13 with Chile, is it? There must be another nine Maxus/LDV countries...China, Malaysia... "regions"?
    They sent a largish batch to South Africa, I think Chile is the first in South America so the rest are either around Malaysia or in southern Africa but I haven't seen a list.

They need to sort their English websites: http://cl.maxus.com/
    and the Chinese website only seems to cover China: http://www.saicmaxus.com

Actually, if you let the opening flash on the China one play through then you find Mauritius as well as Chile.
    Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors Tue May 14, 2013 4:46 am

Crikey. Their English website seems to say BMC was formed when MG merged with Austin. I don't *think* that would go down too well with Lord Nuffield. Or, more precisely, Lady Nuffield.

And I was wondering if they would ever come back to the UK - presumably the drivetrain is much the same as it was when they were LDV (i.e. similar to the Transit) or is it all new?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue May 14, 2013 4:48 am

Morris Motors wrote:Is it ever coming back here? It must be outselling MG now!
    As far as I know the plan is still for the end of this year.

They appear to be selling around 600 per month at the moment, planning 10,000 for this year and a big expansion of the factory to increase further.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue May 14, 2013 4:51 am

Morris Motors wrote:And I was wondering if they would ever come back to the UK - presumably the drivetrain is much the same as it was when they were LDV (i.e. similar to the Transit) or is it all new?
    The engine is the same as the old LDV Maxus, but now manufactured in a SAIC JV factory somewhere not too far from Shanghai, they completed their 10,000th a few months ago.
    Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors Tue May 14, 2013 4:56 am

Really? I hadn't heard that. Well that's encouraging; I wonder if they'll pick up any old LDV dealers or piggy-back onto any MG ones? I suppose nowadays commercials are seen as totally separate which is a shame as I'm sure some of the MG dealers need some extra revenue....

If they are coming to the UK, presumably they will be using the same supply/shipping routes as MG do - and presumably they will land at Longbridge fully assembled for distribution?
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 am

Morris Motors wrote:Really? I hadn't heard that. Well that's encouraging; I wonder if they'll pick up any old LDV dealers or piggy-back onto any MG ones? I suppose nowadays commercials are seen as totally separate which is a shame as I'm sure some of the MG dealers need some extra revenue....
    the number of cars some MG dealers are selling, ANY revenue would be nice... Wink

Kingsbury MG Rover of Hampton used to sell LDV...

If they are coming to the UK, presumably they will be using the same supply/shipping routes as MG do - and presumably they will land at Longbridge fully assembled for distribution?
    Is there an advantage in EU assembly as with the cars (also Great Wall in Bulgaria)?
    Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 am

Well if they are doing final assembly in the UK it can only happen in Longbridge. But they can't do their final assembly on EVERY vehicle they want to sell in the UK/EU as Longbridge just isn't big enough - even if it's only bumpers/wheels/engines. If they do that to the MG3, MG5, MGCS, Maxus etc - plus anything else.. you can't have that many disparate models going down just one or two lines. Unless they are only ever planning to sell a handful of anything.

The post office near me still has a few Maxus (Maxusses, Maxii?) in use even today.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue May 14, 2013 5:28 am

I wont be surprised if they assemble them at Longbridge, until MG sales pick up it needs something to do and they will be expanding throughout Europe. Once sales have picked up they can build another factory.

I wonder what the Chileans made of the Tower Bridge image? Their country may have "very special relations and excellent friendship" (Chilean government) with ours but as far as I know not many of them travel over here so may not recognise it? If they do recognise it, it must be very odd for the Chinese to be selling something in Chile using Spanish and using our landmarks!

They might of been better off using a Union Flag, the Chileans would all recognise that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chile%E2%80%93United_Kingdom_relations
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue May 14, 2013 5:45 am

What is capacity at Longbridge? Off the top of my head 40,000 (around Audi sales total in Spain 2010) - 100,000 (around Audi sales total for UK 2010)... so around 40-100,000 higher than currently required... Wink
    Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors Tue May 14, 2013 5:51 am

Well I suppose there might still be unused St Modwen land off Lowhill Lane if they needed to expand out. But they ought to move the whole operation out of there completely I reckon. It hasn't even got a rail link anymore.
    Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 am

patpending wrote:What is capacity at Longbridge? Off the top of my head 40,000 (around Audi sales total in Spain 2010) - 100,000 (around Audi sales total for UK 2010)... so around 40-100,000 higher than currently required... Wink

They were very vague when I had the tour. Lets just say it is currently underused....
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue May 14, 2013 6:11 am

NAC said 15,000 in 2006

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-396148/Millions-invested-MGs-Longbridge.html

- the 100,000 came from here in 2008 which we doubted!

http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2008-08-05/1055399122.shtml

Is that based on the full MG Rover site? (SMMT 2005 - 80,000)
    https://www.smmt.co.uk/2005/08/a-brighter-future-for-longbridge/

At the back of my mind is the interview with the American marketing man with the Germanic name...

EDIT Gary Hagen! http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/nac-mg-uk-planning-more-models
    Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors Tue May 14, 2013 8:48 am

I'd take those numbers with a pinch of salt - are those people still employed there? Also, back then, they still leased more of the land there.

Out of interest, what is the acreage there compared to Nissan in Sunderland, Honda in Swindon and BMW at Cowley? I should imagine its smaller, plus those other sites won't have the design centre's there too.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am

Morris Motors wrote:I'd take those numbers with a pinch of salt - are those people still employed there? Also, back then, they still leased more of the land there.

Out of interest, what is the acreage there compared to Nissan in Sunderland, Honda in Swindon and BMW at Cowley? I should imagine its smaller, plus those other sites won't have the design centre's there too.

I'm not sure I believe any of the production numbers - as I said, 80k was in 2005 before redevelopment got under way. 15k looks much more realistic.

Did I see 59 acres on wikipedia for the continuing area? Mind you, I also saw it "is owned by" SAIC Wink
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 am

That was about 28 vehicles in April, they must have been impressed:

SAIC Maxus ruler dedicated school bus Chilean exports

Maxus arrives in Chile 20130717135056131

SAIC Maxus recently held in Wuxi production base in Chile 260 vehicle shipping in volume ceremony, in which 80 SAIC Maxus ruler dedicated school bus for the first time exported overseas.

Chile is one of South America more developed countries, per capita GDP ranked first in South America, the public right of public transport requires high quality. Chile is the world's most long and narrow country terrain, widely distributed in the mountains, plains and volcanic complex topography on the school bus performance requirements are high. SAIC Maxus ruler dedicated school bus the export of Chile, Chile showed their quality and reliability meet the special environmental requirements.

According to Wang, the Chilean government for the school bus has developed strict standards for imported class school bus is a strict testing and inspection, ruler, school bus with the British royal century Queen vehicle brand heritage and SAIC's strong background support and global resource integration capabilities, local policies and regulations passed in Chile, won the Chilean government and education sectors to fully trust. Ruler school bus school bus standards also refer to the United States, plus 360 ° to 360 ° security concept, from the visible to the invisible security security, including the formation of a "zero asbestos" handle the details of the five security, let the kids enjoy the weather, round, the whole process of school bus safety protection.

SAIC Maxus relevant personnel said that this is the second year in April SAIC Maxus successfully opened the South American market after the second vehicle exports to Chile. Ruler school bus export success, and further solidify the SAIC Maxus market influence in the region, then radiation including Colombia, Peru, including the overseas markets.

Currently, SAIC Maxus has been exported to Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Singapore and other 15 countries and regions of the market, the SAIC Maxus ruler dedicated school bus exit Chile, marking the SAIC Maxus from the original to freight and commuter vehicles for export-oriented tourism , has been gradually formed, including special vehicles, including school buses full export camp, in overseas markets to further enhance the competitiveness.

Source: http://finance.workercn.cn/c/2013/07/17/130717135055913890050.html
    MG_A

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2013-04-28

Post by MG_A Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:56 pm

I hope they have changed a lot with those vans, they were awful things to drive.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:56 am

MG_A wrote:I hope they have changed a lot with those vans, they were awful things to drive.
    They have, although they have kept a lot too.   People who drive them seem to come up with widely different opinions, I guess it depends on what else you have driven.  

They have just introduced the 2014 range which has significant updates, here is a review:

In short, the logistics industry, competition is a "cost control" competition, especially in the "last mile" on the road.  Whenever the holidays approaching, the business play a variety of marketing tools, the accumulation of goods in the warehouse can not be the first time to the hands of consumers, not only bad business reputation, and folding the consumer's mood, but the face of increasingly growth in freight costs, look for the old hands of commercial freight, who can understand at this time in the "edge of love and pain," the merchants who do?

Commercial term, I believe that everyone is familiar with, but very strange.  Why say that?  In recent years, the rapid development of the domestic auto industry to make more and more cars on the road, but the commercial vehicle because of its special properties compared consumer groups led everyone know them, but do not know what they are selling at such a situation that many small businesses entering the logistics industry have a mention of commercial vehicles, logistics vehicles can only come up with " Iveco , Transit, Jinbei van "these few years with the same vocabulary, but it will join a long find a variety of such space is not enough, the car fuel consumption is high, the uneven quality of the car and so on.  Then we fly in the end there is no third choice?

Today, the reporter for this purpose as a consumer visited the domestic commercial vehicle brands recent upward trend is quite strong new Army: SAIC Chase .  In SAIC Chase official information reads: Chase SAIC SAIC Commercial Vehicle Co. brand is relying on the strength of the Fortune 500 SAIC, a wholly-owned acquisition of the British company, after a hundred years old LDV commercial vehicles, light vehicles LDV-based technology research and development and production of main products.  Therefore, in the Chinese market, although only a year's time, but regardless of brand, technology, etc., are the hundreds of years of research and development, to be exact: This is a mature models in the Chinese market, the login.

In this year's Shanghai auto show , the reporters have seen SAIC Chase figure, so it is not strange to see that this type of commercial vehicle designed for logistics from, the reporter to experience an SAIC Chase 's "proud Express" long shaft edition models, but did not think happened to see the new listings arrived shop 2014 new "proud Express."

For logistics vehicles, the performance space is a top priority, 5700mm long car with the same level of logistic models are almost triumph in the pack of.  The internal space of nearly 1.9 m height alone shipment, even an ordinary person in the vehicle height can easily move around, and makes a calculation, the volume inside the car can reach nearly 12 cubic meters of space big Available exaggeration to describe.  From staff members know, thanks to this, SAIC Chase won the 2012 "excellent transport king" Award for the best economic model.  While the new proud Express in order to increase the use of space, the vehicle is designed as two second-row seats flip-down seats can fold forward twice.  In the meantime, had no third-row seat , an increase in the third row of seats , up to 10 individual position in the Beijing region-free wave number on the card, and is designed to roll seats, so a , the car's practicality is greatly increased.  Here it must be mentioned a very humane design details: proud Express all folding seats all floors locking structure is designed to become concave, so that can better protect the transport of goods.

Of course, proud Express space is not so simple as can be clearly described, and the new 2014 models have 14 kinds proud Express combination seat arrangement, fully meet the different regions, different markets, different types of customer needs, including the minor axis 3 kind of seating combinations, covering Block 4-6, the long axis 11 seating combinations, covering the 5-10 seats.

Almost out of space for cargo clearance, let us take a look at the performance space.  The reporter 178cm tall seat support for the head space and the performance quite satisfactory, the head space even reach two to three punches.  Overhead sunshade above the map paper bags, center console slot, front door storage boxes, cupholders, glove boxes and center armrest storage boxes can be used many ways to meet the needs of multiple occupants.  Co-pilot on the center console in front of the main storage tank volume is relatively reasonable, suitable for storing debris, such as pens, cell phone, cards and the like.  For logistics staff on board is a very user-friendly design, transportation alone can readily be placed in the above respect.

Open the hood, greeted by SAIC Chase 's engine compartment, it is worth mentioning: SAIC Chase uses a tapped engine design, which shortens the engine compartment length, body length in ensuring that the same circumstances, to obtain more cabin space.

SAIC Chase 's power system also can be described as a dark horse in the commercial vehicle industry, from Italian VM Motori equipped with the company's latest 2.5T turbocharged engine , using the BOSCH company's most advanced third-generation common rail technology , power up to 100kW, effectively increasing the engine 's torque and emissions.  In the test drive, fully able to feel the above technique has been specifically tuned to the results obtained: power, noise, all reached the international standard with passenger cars compared favorably.  With China's auto emission standards while strictly day, since July this year, diesel cars will begin to implement the country four emission standards , while SAIC Chase which the engine was designed with four already higher than the national standard, and fully satisfied. " Europe Four " emission standards , technically and fundamentally different from many from the country two, three countries to upgrade from the "quasi-country, four" engine , and the engine ECU and fuel supply system optimization, has repeatedly experiments, able to adapt with greater than 350ppm sulfur kingdom three oil, but also for users without much concern.

In the driving experience, the car's four very full grip steering wheel, center console button arrangement concise, even if the first drive, to get started quickly.  The center dashboard display clear and informative.  In addition to normal speed, fuel consumption information, you can also display the tire pressure, tire temperature monitoring.  It also integrates a rear-view mirror on the center console also electric heating function buttons, very targeted.

Test drive back to the store to complete, just a bit owner to come and maintenance, fuel consumption consulted reporter approached the question, answer the basic display with fuel consumption represents almost, about one hundred kilometers in less than 9 liters.  The background information that passes before the study found that the average fuel consumption in the commercial vehicle industry 12-13 liters, showing that SAIC Chase in terms of fuel economy is the next big effort, for people who are engaged in the logistics industry can be described as an evangelical .

Speaking of SAIC Chase appearance, in fact, itself is not very overhangs and exaggerated design, after all, is a commercial vehicle, funky low-key style has revealed an extraordinary force, in full compliance with oriental aesthetic.  We see from some design SAIC commercial vehicles sincerity, designers hope to some very user-friendly features to impress owners, hoping to convey a strong, safe and practical visual sense.  For example: before the face of the large air intake front grille, this design can effectively increase the amount of air entering for engine cooling provides favorable conditions; distance light with integrated headlights and LED running lights, high brightness gradually , this design is relatively rare in the domestic commercial vehicle, especially LED running lights in the rain and snow provide demisting, defrosting function, provides active safety driving for a moving vehicle to provide a higher degree of recognition.

Side of the vehicle with the front face of the same lines, taking the oriental design, low-key, introverted, optional side of the second generation of electrically assisted pedal is also a bright spot, and in the design of a door handle, on and off very convenient safety .  Can be equipped with a large area of bilateral sliding door, whether it is out of the compartment or cargo handling feel very convenient, of course, thanks to SAIC Chase cage full monocoque body, without worrying about security protection.  The rear of the vehicle's standard 180 ° large door for easy entry and exit of goods, of course, more optional tailgate opening 270 °, so that the vehicle's environment space adaptable.

Configuration of the car behind the vehicle height long strip of taillights and high brightness, penetration of LED brake light , this combination makes the brake signal more clearly evident to the rear of the vehicle to provide clear dynamic information, to mention high security full figure.  And this LED brake light commercial vehicles in the domestic design is relatively rare, once again embodies SAIC Chase extraordinary low-key design.

The interior is designed to go outside of the vehicle is the same kind of style, seemingly concise design, actually "very demanding" proud Express model uses a very practical washable gray interior, tailgate also used layering of stainless steel to prevent goods in and out when the vehicle interior damage.  Simple layout in the control center instrument panel and front windshield ergonomically to locate the combination, so that the front of the field of vision is more open, the internal LCD backlight can be adjusted, the vehicle is at your fingertips button mode of operation.  Of course, if you are a fashion driver, can be equipped with 6.5 inches high definition color touch screen, and is equipped with MP5, dual SD card slot, mini USB interfaces, AUX external audio input, and so multi-media facilities, enjoy the process of working full- and versatile visual auditory enjoyment, but also with a GPS navigation.

In addition to driving and ride comfort, space power, etc., SAIC Chase after-sales service is also described as very convenient access to store data, SAIC Chase commitments are: 8 pledge covers weather free roadside assistance, travel continues, a hour emergency response, 24-hour customer service, 48 hours troubleshooting, differentiated value-added services such as lean service security system; more consumers with the industry's only three years 80,000 km powertrain warranty and 2 years 50,000 km throughout car warranty.  It is worth mentioning that: similar weather free roadside assistance, travel and other services generally continue to Mercedes and other luxury -level brands only provide services, while SAIC Chase can enjoy, it can be said SAIC Chase 's commercial vehicle sales relative to other brands Even passenger who has been very kind indeed.

From the visit process, several owners come to after-sale maintenance of mouth learned that SAIC Chase service although it can not be compared with the luxury car brand, but is considered a leader in commercial vehicle brands.  In the communication process and after-sales technicians, they also show a steady, reassuring side.

Overall, SAIC Chase in exterior, interior, space, driving, and other aspects of the sale to a consumer reporter who visited the case, gave the reporter left a good impression, in some places even imagined than before a lot better, SAIC commercial vehicles on the product is indeed spent a lot of thought, combined with the commercial vehicle industry price point of view, SAIC Chase Express proud indeed value for money.

Return to the topic, the pace of China's logistics industry change has been initiated, the face of challenges and opportunities, maybe we can grasp all businesses now no way to predict, but it is undeniable, with the changes in the logistics industry, SAIC has indeed come in the commercial vehicle business The front of the car industry, although it is still a young domestic brands, but the pace of history has never been stopped, along with the changes in the industrial chain, the future of the industry will be facing a new round of reshuffle, while the leader, must be the capable.
    Source: http://www.autohome.com.cn/info/201308/587092.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:11 pm