MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

MG in Mauritius, Cuba and Hong Kong (but not Senegal)

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG in Mauritius, Cuba and Hong Kong (but not Senegal) Empty MG in Mauritius, Cuba and Hong Kong (but not Senegal)

Post by patpending Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:44 am

I noticed new flags on the dealer map in Mauritius, Hong Kong and Cuba just now -

http://www.saicmg.com/english/guide/dealerquery.php#bom

The Bramcom Holding Ltd

From a famous Depardieu film, I know Mauritius is RHD.

I also know Mauritians speak a form of Breton (similar to Welsh) so you would think the importer might have something to do with Colley Motors of Cwmbran... Wink

No photos?

Hong Kong is another very British RHD market which is now on the list.

Cuba is on too now, although Senegal has clearly been dropped.

It is not possible to get the details of the Hong Kong or Cuba dealers from saicmg.com...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

MG in Mauritius, Cuba and Hong Kong (but not Senegal) Empty Re: MG in Mauritius, Cuba and Hong Kong (but not Senegal)

Post by Windy Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:20 am

patpending wrote:I also know Mauritians speak a form of Breton (similar to Welsh) so you would think the importer might have something to do with Colley Motors of Cwmbran... Wink
    Wikipedia seems to think it is based on French rather than Breton which are very different languages:
    Mauritian creole is the lingua franca of Mauritius. Mauritius, formerly a British colony, has kept English as its official language, although French is more widely spoken. Mauritians tend to speak Creole at home and French in the workplace. Creole is a French based language. French and English are spoken in schools. However, although a large percentage of Mauritians are of Indian descent, they primarily speak Creole, which is their mother tongue.

Anyway Breton is much closer to Cornish than to Welsh so it ought to be a Cornish MG dealer rather than Colley Motors. Is there still a dealer in Penzance or is Cornwall MG free now?
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG in Mauritius, Cuba and Hong Kong (but not Senegal) Empty Re: MG in Mauritius, Cuba and Hong Kong (but not Senegal)

Post by patpending Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

No, it's Breton I mean - Bretons presume no-one in Paris will understsnd them swearing and telling naughty stories and then a group of "Africans" laugh at the punchline! Not only "Les Malouines" (Malvinas) are Breton named, so are many islands!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:10 pm

I see that if you hire an MG6 in Cuba, they give you a 2L petrol scratch 

You can also hire an MG5 with a really small engine Rolling Eyes 

http://www.travelnetcuba.com/en/cars-offers-cuba

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:14 pm