MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford Empty Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford

Post by patpending Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 am

See press releases: the Normandy Garage near Guildford got 11 cars on Friday and is officially launched as an MG dealer on Wed 1 April (though they have already sold the first of the eleven!)
    There will be an "official opening" at a later date. Mguk.org will be represented as a visitor at the launch (I'm popping round! Wink ) Strangely enough, I believe they are only actually about six miles away from SMC Woking!

The MG signage is up:

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford 10

31st Mar 2015
    Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford 380
    MG - you would be a fool to miss it!
    It’s no joke – MG’s latest dealer will start trading on April 1 as the brand’s surge in sales continues.
    Normandy Garage, in Guildford, will become the 26th new dealer to be appointed within the last 12 months as sales of modern MGs hit new record levels.
    Last year MG was the fastest growing automotive brand in Britain and results for the first quarter of 2015, due out soon, are expected to show an even further acceleration of sales.
    Ian Richards, Managing Director of Normandy Garage, said: “It’s thrilling to be involved in this fantastic resurgence of such a great brand. We don’t want to waste any time in selling the cars, that’s why we want to go live on April 1 just as soon as our cars arrive - anyone interested in a brilliant new MG would be a fool to miss out!
    “We will have 11 new MG3s at launch and in fact we’ve had a lot of interest from customers because our MG signage is already in place. This is a brand that is going places.”
    Normandy Garage is a family-owned business which was started by Ian’s father, John Richards in 1966. The modern, six-car showroom, backed by four workshop bays, is in Guildford Road, Normandy; mid-way between Guildford town centre and Aldershot. It has a staff of 18 people.
    Ian said: “Having driven the new MGs and been to see the operation at Longbridge, I’m really positive about MG. In fact, I’m already looking ahead and thinking of expanding our showroom to cope with the new MGs products that are coming along.
    “It’s too easy to under-estimate just how good the new MGs are. You only have to drive them to understand what brilliant dynamics they have and you just have to look at the price and high standard specifications to see why MGs make so much sense to so many people.” 

their website:
    http://www.normandygarage.co.uk/
    (tel 01483 811111)
    patpending
    patpending

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford Empty Re: Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford

Post by patpending Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:27 am

They have rebranded the RH side of the garage:

before the new look above - totally Hyundai: now Subaru and MG.

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford 2534830_9a0de729
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:13 am

NORMANDY GARAGE OFFICIAL MG DEALERSHIP LAUNCH

(Album here) https://s688.photobucket.com/user/patpending_mguk/library/MG%20Normandy%20Garage%20Surrey

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford Guildford-20150401-01678%20Normandy_zpsror8lf3d

Normandy Garage is located in the village of Normandy, Surrey, a few miles NW of Guildford. On Friday 27 March 2015 they received a load of eleven MGs and so they have launched as official MG dealers on 1 April 2015, see http://mg.co.uk/news/2015/03/31/mg-you-would-be-a-fool-to-miss-it/

As of the time of visiting (1 April) they had already sold two of the eleven.

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford Guildford-20150401-01696%20Normandy%20Mod%20Oct%20MG3_zpsbwo2y35t

Normandy Garage is a family-owned business which was started in 1966. They were Hyundai dealers for many years. As managing director and sales director Ian Richards points out, the Hyundai cars are good cars but IMHO these little i10s at one year old and six months old for £7,995 and £8,995 respectively show what good value MG3 is.

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford Guildford-20150401-01690%20Normandy%20MG3%20v%20i10_zpsrtrauo4j

In the near future Normandy will: receive NEW MG6; hold an official opening; display MGs off-site at places like Sainsbury's in Cobham (where my experience is that there are many lovers of the MGB and even people who have one as a third or fourth car, but that few realise that MG continued even after B*W pulled out).

GETTING THERE

One side of the road in Normandy is the legendary “just trees”. It is a beautiful place.

To reach Normandy Garage you * really * have to know where you are going. Coming from the main Cobham direction on the A3, if you want to approach on the A323 from Guildford you have to come off the A3 at the turn after Burpham as though going into the centre. In fact, it is easier to get to PC World (slogan: “Where in the world?”)

The best route to approach Normandy from the W, S, E and NE is to go to the B3000 Godalming junction on the A31 Hog's Back and head the couple of miles north from there.

Parking for the garage is very limited. Whatever you do, don't commit yourself to going towards the workshops at the back! (I didn't).

Last edited by patpending on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Normandy Garage, nr. Guildford Empty Normandy MG new Garage.

Post by adaveabbott Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:30 am

I enjoyed that Pat very informative. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:48 am