MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

MG Rover's Longbridge Legacy

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG Rover's Longbridge Legacy Empty MG Rover's Longbridge Legacy

Post by patpending Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:49 am

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mg/93340/mg-rovers-longbridge-legacy

Matthew Cheyne, head of sales and marketing for MG UK can’t afford to dwell on the past; his focus is on making MG relevant today. “Looking back is sad; look to the future and our presence will only grow,” he says.
    With a new or facelifted model scheduled every year until the end of the decade, he believes that MG will be selling 10,000 cars annually by 2020. “When MG was formed in 1924, it was about affordable cars that were fun to drive, and this is what we are delivering today: affordable fun cars,” he adds.
    Cheyne believes the arrival next year of MG’s first-ever crossover will be a major sales boost, while underlining that MG is a credible brand. And expect a small, Nissan Juke-sized crossover to follow in the next two years.
    MG Rover's Longbridge Legacy Mg-factory-112
    Image 6 of 12
    But for the moment he admits that there are no plans for a sports car like the models synonymous with MG’s past, saying: “We have to play in the growing markets which is why we are going into the crossover sector, because it gives us the best opportunity to grow.
    “There will come a time when we can look at a sports car, but that market is a niche sector in decline. However, the quicker we become successful and sell more cars, the quicker we can look at a sports car.”
    Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

MG Rover's Longbridge Legacy Empty Re: MG Rover's Longbridge Legacy

Post by Dorset Rocket Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:32 pm

A good and hopefully true quote from the article -'With a new or facelifted model scheduled every year until the end of the decade, he (Cheyne) believes that MG will be selling 10,000 cars annually by 2020'.

So that settles the next five years for MG in the UK then, as far as I can see:

2015 MG6 facelift
    2016 MG CS new model
    2017 MG3 facelift
    2018 MG?? new model - Juke rival?
    2019 MG6 replacement?
    2020 MG3 replacement?

I like Cheyne and think I can live with this plan - but I hope it is enough to keep customers and dealers on board too..
    mg-zs
    mg-zs

Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by mg-zs Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Way to less models
    And takes to long
    They need wide range off cars

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content