MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Guy Jones replaces Gary Hagen as MG Motor sales and marketing director

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Guy Jones replaces Gary Hagen as MG Motor sales and marketing director Empty Guy Jones replaces Gary Hagen as MG Motor sales and marketing director

Post by patpending Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:54 am

Gary was MG's larger-than-life character. Also, these are really difficult times to become a sales and marketing director in the UK market!

So I don't envy Guy. All the best of luck to him!

I've not posted this in the sticky because I can't find an official press release on MG's own site...

http://www.motortrader.com/industry-news/car-dealer-news/29367-mg-appoints-sales-and-marketing-director.html

MG Motor UK has appointed Guy Jones as its new sales and marketing director.
    Jones joins the company having previously served as marketing director for the now defunct LDV. Prior to that he was the worldwide brand manager for Bentley and UK marketing director for Kia.
    In his new position he will be responsible for UK sales, marketing, PR, aftersales and brand development.
    MG started selling the Longbridge assembled TF last year.

Brand development

"I am delighted to join MG at the most exciting time in its 85 year history. MG is a much loved iconic British brand that now has SAIC as a proud new owner, capable of developing the brand on a global basis," he said. "SAIC are already playing a leading role in China, now the world's largest car market, and have ambitious global plans for the MG brand. I am looking forward to playing a key role in developing this exciting new business."
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Guy Jones replaces Gary Hagen as MG Motor sales and marketing director Empty Re: Guy Jones replaces Gary Hagen as MG Motor sales and marketing director

Post by Windy Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:57 am

Presumably Guy Jones is British?

Never seemed quite right to have an American Marketing Director runing the British company!
    patpending
    patpending

Guy Jones replaces Gary Hagen as MG Motor sales and marketing director Empty Re: Guy Jones replaces Gary Hagen as MG Motor sales and marketing director

Post by patpending Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 am

Windy wrote:Presumably Guy Jones is British?

You'd think so with those employers.

Type Guy Jones into google and the first suggestion of all is Guy Jones LDV. Clearly he knows Birmingham politicians...and wrote LDV's "farewell cruel world" note Sad ...http://blog.ldv.com/

LDV Management Team final statement

by Guy Jones; 8 June 2009 11:05:12

Firstly
    the management team want to thank our employees, dealers, suppliers,
    business partners and Liam Byrne MP for their support, enabling us to
    try to secure a future for this important British business.

Over the past year, the new management team at LDV have restructured
    the business for profitability, creating an exciting future with the
    potential to be the first manufacturer able to offer both electric and
    diesel light commercial vehicles. This is a plan that clearly supports
    the vision of the British government for the industry.

The
    management team have worked exceptionally hard to deliver this plan,
    but despite every effort made around the globe, have been unable to
    obtain the required funding from the banking system. Like much of
    industry, it is access to working capital that remains an issue which
    will go on to cause further job losses if not addressed.

We
    now hope that any possible buyers recognise the potential of the
    investment already made at LDV and what has been achieved in the last
    year to transform the future profitability of the business. There is
    still the opportunity of a bright future for LDV, however now the
    management team must now hand control of the business over to the
    administrators and hope this can be achieved in this process.

All further communication about LDV will now come from the administrators.

Yes he is British - LinkedIn tells us he went to Handsworth Grammar School and Bradford University...http://www.linkedin.com/pub/guy-jones/3/987/80b

He was also Marketing Manager at MG Rover...
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by richardk Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:59 pm

It was all reading well until you said he was marketing manager at MGR...hopefully he wasn't responsible for 'take a gamble on a 25' or 'the tf for OAPs heading for the ol' folks home'.....fingers crossed he did the better ones.

Anyway I wish him and MG Longbridge the best of luck and good fortune

MG6 the car that Aldi A5 drivers wished they'd bought!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:22 pm

richardk wrote:It was all reading well until you said he was marketing manager at MGR...hopefully he wasn't responsible for 'take a gamble on a 25' or 'the tf for OAPs heading for the ol' folks home'.....fingers crossed he did the better ones.
    I think whoever said "the full fat, high-salt MG" was actually trying to kill the natural customers off TBH.

MG6 the car that Aldi A5 drivers wished they'd bought!
    I sense a sig. Now I'm halfway through the B*W GT - it's a SAAB format and SAAB haven't got a car for it! Doh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:34 pm