MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Is the new child benefit system good?

Steven211
    Steven211

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Is the new child benefit system good? Empty Is the new child benefit system good?

Post by Steven211 Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:34 am

I think it is good idea as surly a person who is higher paid can afford to support their children easily.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11464300
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Is the new child benefit system good? Empty Re: Is the new child benefit system good?

Post by Windy Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:58 am

Steven211 wrote:I think it is good idea as surly a person who is higher paid can afford to support their children easily.
    I guess they could afford to pay for the childrens education as well...

It says in that link:

"People will be expected to declare on their tax returns whether they fall within the 40% and 50% tax brackets and the money will then be clawed back through the tax system."

So you are supposed to pay your income tax, then the government pays some of it back as child benefit into your bank account, then you declare it on your tax return and finally you pay it back to the tax man scratch There must be a more efficient way!

Steven211
    Steven211

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Is the new child benefit system good? Empty Re: Is the new child benefit system good?

Post by Steven211 Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:00 am

Windy wrote:
    Steven211 wrote:I think it is good idea as surly a person who is higher paid can afford to support their children easily.
    I guess they could afford to pay for the childrens education as well...

It says in that link:

"People will be expected to declare on their tax returns whether they fall within the 40% and 50% tax brackets and the money will then be clawed back through the tax system."

So you are supposed to pay your income tax, then the government pays some of it back as child benefit into your bank account, then you declare it on your tax return and finally you pay it back to the tax man scratch There must be a more efficient way!
    Exactly, they are just greedy to be honest, there are still lots of loopholes in the system though, how wonder our country is in so much debt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:57 pm