MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai

Tee in China
    Tee in China

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-03-29

W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai Empty W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai

Post by Tee in China Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:42 am

As there is no forum for this maybe a mod can make one? Looks like a Ssanyong to me - well the W5 at least Shocked

W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai Image0409

W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai Image0408

W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai Image0401

W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai Image0400

Last edited by Tee in China on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error....doh...)
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai Empty Re: W3 and 5 lauched at Shanghai

Post by patpending Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Tee in China wrote:As there is no forum for this maybe a mod can make one?
    Right, let's have a look.

EDIT It wasn't me that did this for you BTW...

I first thought it was a good car for speed cameras - white at the back and grey at the front! Laughing
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Tue May 31, 2011 10:47 pm

patpending wrote:
    Tee in China wrote:As there is no forum for this maybe a mod can make one?
    Right, let's have a look.

EDIT It wasn't me that did this for you BTW...

I first thought it was a good car for speed cameras - white at the back and grey at the front! Laughing

Ha-ha just read this again! The white one is the W3 and the grey one is the concept W5 - or did you know that already?..............
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:17 am

Tee in China wrote:Ha-ha just read this again! The white one is the W3 and the grey one is the concept W5 - or did you know that already?..............
    And I thought it was the other way around Doh

So tried a google image search to check, but the only W3 pictures there are here!
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:10 am

Windy wrote:
    Tee in China wrote:Ha-ha just read this again! The white one is the W3 and the grey one is the concept W5 - or did you know that already?..............

So tried a google image search to check, but the only W3 pictures there are here!

Silly me - you are absolutely right - W3 is the CONCEPT and the white Ssanyong derived one is the W5...my apologies to all
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:30 am

Tee in China wrote:
    Windy wrote:

Silly me - you are absolutely right - W3 is the CONCEPT and the white Ssanyong derived one is the W5...my apologies to all
    Others have it wrong too: http://auto.163.com/photoview/4LDJ0008/137508.html#p=720Q52R04LDJ0008 Mad

Why didn't they stick "Roewe W3" registration plate on it Idea
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:38 am

OK, Now I am confused and at the same time convinced that there is only the W5 and no such animal as the W3!
    At the show I never actually looked at the rear-end of the silver-grey one and only the white one. On looking at my photos again and enlarging the white one it is definitely badged as a W5 and is the SsangYong Kyron chassis from the 2008 take over by SAIC.(Edit No take over as Mahindra actually bought it early this year - more confusion)
    Looking at the link that Windy posted, the other is labelled the W5 Concept! This must be the design that Roewe have been working on since early 2010.
    I was told by show staff that one was the W5 and the other the W3 but now assume they were wrong and that there is no W3 (yet)so the section title is correct with just W5.

Sorry for the confusion on my part and please put it down to old age,too much beer or plain stupidity (be kind though) Laughing

Last edited by Tee in China on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:32 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling - again plus added edit!)
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:00 am

Tee in China wrote:OK, Now I am confused and at the same time convinced that there is only the W5 and no such animal as the W3!
    At the show I never actually looked at the rear-end of the silver-grey one and only the white one. On looking at my photos again and enlarging the white one it is definitely badged as a W5 and is the Ssanyong chassis from the 2008 take over by SAIC.
    Looking at the link that Windy posted, the other is labelled the W5 Concept! This must be the design that Roewe have been working on since early 2010.
    I was told by show staff that one was the W5 and the other the W3 but now assume they were wrong and that there is no W3 (yet)so the section title is correct with just W5.

Sorry for the confusion on my part and please put it down to old age,too much beer or plain stupidity (be kind though) Laughing
    You may be right this time and the confusion was partly due to the MG3 and partly the exhibition hall called W3, but then again, there is a whole thread on the Roewe W3 here: http://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-2297-10253692-1.html, with a possible suggestion that the W3 is the MG version. The only place I have seen SAIC mention W3 I took to be a typing mistake.

So it the confusion continues Laughing
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:21 am

As the SsangYong platform uses a sourced Mercedes engine what will Roewe use I wonder?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:37 am

Tee in China wrote:As the SsangYong platform uses a sourced Mercedes engine what will Roewe use I wonder?
    It has the well known 1.8T from the Roewe 550, plus the larger 3.2L Tornado XGI Straight 6 engine which appears to be Mercedes technology, not sure who actually makes it.

● Roewe W5, listed later this month

W5 Roewe Shanghai Automotive will be listed later this month, will push both 1.8T and 3.2L displacements, 5 models, the estimated price at between 17-30 million, and its joint ventures directed at the city rivals SUV models.

Ssangyong-based Roewe W5 enjoy riding, the length and breadth were 4676/1888/1765mm, wheelbase 2740mm, belongs to a large SUV. Chassis suspension, it was the double-wishbone front suspension and five-link rear suspension, in addition to the two drive types, there are four-wheel drive, all models using the P-4WD four-wheel drive system.

Power, the use of 1.8T Kavachi turbo engine and 3.2L Tornado XGI high-performance engine, the former maximum power 118kw/5500rpm, peak torque 215Nm/2000-4500rpm; which maximum output is 162k/6000rpm and 310Nm/4600rpm. Matching is 5 speed manual, 5-speed automated manual 6-speed automated manual, and three transmissions.

Comments: Roewe W5 is a cross-professional SUV, is different from the pursuit of mainstream urban SUV driving comfort, the Roewe W5 also has good off-road ability, its body structure HFA and P-4WD four-wheel drive system is a highlight. Roewe sale price of 17-30 million, with the Honda CR-V and Volkswagen Tiguan models such as closer.
    Source: http://www.mguk.org/t508-saic-model-update
    Tee in China
    Tee in China

Post by Tee in China Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Hmm, OK thanks for that Wink
    cinaautoparts

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2015-01-11