MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Fed up of having to log in virtually every time I come on the site.

Roverman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2010-02-12

Fed up of having to log in virtually every time I come on the site. Empty Fed up of having to log in virtually every time I come on the site.

Post by Roverman Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:07 pm

What gives ?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Fed up of having to log in virtually every time I come on the site. Empty Re: Fed up of having to log in virtually every time I come on the site.

Post by Windy Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Roverman wrote:What gives ?
    I've had to log in 3 times since about Easter, all of them recently, one was at the month end and I believe expected. One was after restarting the computer and the other for no good reason.

So I'm not sure what is going on, I take it that you haven't changed anything at your end recently, like which browser you use?

How long has this been happening?
    Roverman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2010-02-12

Fed up of having to log in virtually every time I come on the site. Empty Re: Fed up of having to log in virtually every time I come on the site.

Post by Roverman Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Yesterday, once again today and a good few times previously at random times.

Only noticed really when I went to post or wondered why no new new replies on any subjects. (reason not logged in)

My phone does the same sometimes although there might be a reason using the phone ? (never had a problem on other sites using phone or home PC ?)
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by richardk Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:52 pm

I had a reset a couple of days ago...nothing extraordinary but have prevouisly experienced the re log in problem but not recently

Have we got an attack of the tribbles?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:34 am

richardk wrote:I had a reset a couple of days ago...nothing extraordinary but have prevouisly experienced the re log in problem but not recently

Have we got an attack of the tribbles?
    I doubt that it is the tribbles, or we would struggle to do anything! Maybe a gremlin or two...

It does seem that a few other people have experienced the same thing just recently http://help.forumotion.com/t91140-automatic-login-failed?highlight=automatic+login, and as Richard says - it has happened before and seems to pick on individuals for a short while rather than everyone, but I've not seen any decent explanation!

"My phone does the same sometimes" - my phone is a phone and doesn't do internet! Since I've never tested it, I'm wondering how well the site works on the phone...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:23 pm