MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5 Empty Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5

Post by patpending Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anting

Anting (Chinese: 安亭; pinyin: Āntíng) is a town in the Jiading District of Shanghai, People's Republic of China. Pronounced An'ting, the placename means "The Pavilion of Peace". Anting is located in the Jiading District (嘉定区) of Shanghai, on the border of the neighbouring province of Jiangsu. It has 52,800 inhabitants and an area of 59.75 km².

Anting is one of the centres of the Chinese automotive industry; it is home to Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation and includes the German/Chinese joint venture: Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive. This enterprise has the largest market share of passenger cars in China.

The Shanghai International Circuit, China's first Formula One race track, is located near the town.

(this article is very old, I was surprised to find that Anting's architect is Albert Speer, son of the famous Albert Speer)

Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYaFcKscgdTY0cQkzQM9Z3ctxF_7XOS0VH7AKfcKQJ5jElnZlCig
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5 Empty Re: Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5

Post by Windy Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:44 am

patpending wrote:I was surprised to find that Anting's architect is Albert Speer, son of the famous Albert Speer
    Maybe not too surprising.

The famous Albert Speer is famous for being an architect, more specifically Hitlers architect, so it's not too surprising that his son would also be an architect.

Anting, I think was the German trading area of Shanghai, Shanghai being created as a port for international trade and occupied by numourous nations, there is also a British area. So when the Chinese decided to build Anting New Town it would make sense for it to match the old town and have a German style in the same way as there are a number of "British styled" new towns around China, thus requiring a German architect. Most significant architecture in China appears to be designed by foreign architects. Speer is only responsible for Anting New Town - http://www.chinese-architecture.com/312434.html .
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5 Empty Re: Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5

Post by patpending Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:56 am

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:I was surprised to find that Anting [New Town]'s architect is Albert Speer, son of the famous Albert Speer
    Maybe not too surprising.

The famous Albert Speer is famous for being an architect, more specifically Hitlers architect, so it's not too surprising that his son would also be an architect.
    I knew that Speer junior was an architect, and was involved in a "palm island" project on the NE Chinese coast - but not that he was involved in Anting.

This scene looks like modern streets in Munich!

Anting - SAIC's HQ town and home of the Roewe W5 134

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:17 pm