MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

MG goes to Detroit

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

MG goes to Detroit Empty MG goes to Detroit

Post by Windy Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:16 am

Will MG appear at the Detroit Auto Show?
    They are not currently on the published exhibitor list...

Nanjing Delegation Leader Signs Letter of Intent With the Detroit International Auto Salon

Wed Apr 1, 2009

DIAS Holding, Inc. announced that the Nanjing Nanqi Import
    & Export Company, Ltd. of Nanjing, China has signed a letter of intent to
    exhibit at the Detroit International Auto Salon (DIAS) during their
    delegation visit earlier in March.

"Our company has been looking for a platform in the famous auto city of Detroit.
    Now, I believe we found the entry point into North America,"
    stated Ms. Xiao-ying Zhang, company president and delegation leader. During the course of this Shandong province delegation's visit they were excited to see the numerous companies from Asia already displayed at the exhibition facility.

"We are excited to have this prominent Chinese company join the many
    exhibitors from Asia at our auto salon,"

stated Michael Wesney, President of DIAS.
    "We look forward to a strong collaborative relationship and displaying their products and capabilities here at DIAS."

The delegation consisted of representatives of various departments from
    Nanjing's most renowned automotive company, the Nanjing Automotive Company
    (NAC), owner and producer of the MG Rover brand.

Source:
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/motoringAutoNews/idUK95326+01-Apr-2009+MW20090401
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG goes to Detroit Empty Re: MG goes to Detroit

Post by patpending Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:30 am

the Nanjing Nanqi Import & Export Company, Ltd. of Nanjing, China
    is of course not the same thing as SAIC. When I saw climbsyke mention this I wondered if it was like the Oxford Chamber of Commerce (with representatives of MINI) signing something and people expecting B*Ws to turn up.

Ardmore is surely dead and buried, but, realistically, what could we expect to see in Detroit? I remember seeing Tatras in Birmingham in 1984...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:40 am

patpending wrote:the Nanjing Nanqi Import & Export Company, Ltd. of Nanjing, China is of course not the same thing as SAIC. When I saw climbsyke mention this I wondered if it was like the Oxford Chamber of Commerce (with representatives of MINI) signing something and people expecting B*Ws to turn up.

True, but it should probably be considered to be SAICs export subsiduary these days, although I'm not too sure what the ownership is. The name implies it was part of the Nanjing Automobile Coorporation, which is now SAIC owned.

patpending wrote:Ardmore is surely dead and buried, but, realistically, what could we expect to see in Detroit? I remember seeing Tatras in Birmingham in 1984...
    Detroit is the Auto show for the USA, they may just want to judge the reaction to see if it's worth the effort, or it may mean they will be exporting vehicles to the USA.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:31 pm

[quote="Windy"]
    patpending wrote:the Nanjing Nanqi Import & Export Company, Ltd. of Nanjing, China is of course not the same thing as SAIC. When I saw climbsyke mention this I wondered if it was like the Oxford Chamber of Commerce (with representatives of MINI) signing something and people expecting B*Ws to turn up.

True, but it should probably be considered to be SAICs export subsiduary these days, although I'm not too sure what the ownership is. The name implies it was part of the Nanjing Automobile Coorporation, which is now SAIC owned.

aha! thanks for that. SAIC's corporate structure must be byzantine. More like the Cowley Chamber of Commerce, then...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Is there a connection here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/01/report-new-partner-to-keep-saturn-afloat/

"An announcement of a new partner for Saturn should happen in the next three weeks, says Ingersoll, who contends that the as yet unnamed supplier will provide "world class" cars to Saturn, helping the brand flourish."

Next three weeks = Shanghai auto Show!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:00 am

Windy wrote:Is there a connection here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/01/report-new-partner-to-keep-saturn-afloat/

"An announcement of a new partner for Saturn should happen in the next three weeks, says Ingersoll, who contends that the as yet unnamed supplier will provide "world class" cars to Saturn, helping the brand flourish."

Next three weeks = Shanghai auto Show!
    I was also reading the successful GM brands are GMC, Cadillac, Chevrolet and Buick.

Without knowing the Chinese connection, that would really have surprised me TBH...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:25 am