MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Roewes badged as Roewes advertised for sale in Georgia

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Roewes badged as Roewes advertised for sale in Georgia Empty Roewes badged as Roewes advertised for sale in Georgia

Post by patpending Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 am

They also had at least one TF for hire and an MG3SW... I think the site's a bit out of date...

...but non-Chinese Roewes!

http://www.isi-auto.com/
    patpending
    patpending

Roewes badged as Roewes advertised for sale in Georgia Empty Re: Roewes badged as Roewes advertised for sale in Georgia

Post by patpending Wed May 08, 2013 8:28 am

For facebook users: Here are some photos of a Georgian-reg Roewe-badged 550...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.298813396912549.1073741834.295976653862890&type=1
    Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Roewes badged as Roewes advertised for sale in Georgia Empty Re: Roewes badged as Roewes advertised for sale in Georgia

Post by Morris Motors Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 am

I hope this doesn't catch on...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Wed May 08, 2013 9:13 am

Morris Motors wrote:I hope this doesn't catch on...
    I don't expect that it is factory backed, presumably you could if you really wanted go to China and drive one back to the UK and then register it here.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu May 09, 2013 2:23 am

Windy wrote:
    I don't expect that it is factory backed, presumably you could if you really wanted go to China and drive one back to the UK and then register it here.

what a nightmare even compared with buying an MGF in the UK and driving it to Slovenia to register and insure there! though you would only have to drive through two other countries on the way (Russia and Norway) Wink
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu May 09, 2013 2:46 am

patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:

what a nightmare even compared with buying an MGF in the UK and driving it to Slovenia to register and insure there! though you would only have to drive through two other countries on the way (Russia and Norway) Wink
    Not much different to China to Georgia then, you just need to drive through Kazakhstan and Russia, you don't even need a ferry trip!

Mind you google maps refuses to calculate directions so maybe it is unwise!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu May 09, 2013 3:02 am

Windy wrote:Not much different to China to Georgia then, you just need to drive through Kazakhstan and Russia, you don't even need a ferry trip!

You can drive from Kuwait via only Iraq, Turkey, Bulgaria...

EDIT - Romania!

...Hungary, Austria, Germany (and France).

I wouldn't do it though! Wink

Last edited by patpending on Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu May 09, 2013 3:25 am

patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:Not much different to China to Georgia then, you just need to drive through Kazakhstan and Russia, you don't even need a ferry trip!

You can drive from Kuwait via only Iraq, Turkey, Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria, Germany (and France).

I wouldn't do it though! Wink
    But you could then get yourself an MG750 V6, or does that require an extension to UAE.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 am

Windy wrote:But you could then get yourself an MG750 V6, or does that require an extension to UAE.
    yes, they sell it.

http://www.mgkuwait.com/

I seem to remember that Westerners cannot easily take the bus through Saudi Arabia. I imagine that restrictions may apply to male drivers (though I have had taxi drivers who used to drive tankers there)...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:17 pm