MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Chinese VWs in Recall

Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Chinese VWs in Recall Empty Chinese VWs in Recall

Post by Morris Motors Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:50 am

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Chinese VWs in Recall Empty Re: Chinese VWs in Recall

Post by Windy Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Morris Motors wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24940238

Could this impact SAIC?
    The gearbox issues didn't go down very well, either with SAIC or the Chinese public, in fact I think it probably led to the delay in releasing the dual clutch transmission for the 1.5L engine which like the VW problems was a dry version rather than wet version as used with the 1.8L. VW can afford failures like this, for MG/Roewe it would be much more serious.

It may actually be positive for MG if the trusted German/foreign brands are once again shown to have issues!

Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by Morris Motors Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:48 pm

I was wondering if VW might be tempted to blame their local assembler (i.e. SAIC) for some of the woes. Wrong oil in the engine etc?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Morris Motors wrote:I was wondering if VW might be tempted to blame their local assembler (i.e. SAIC) for some of the woes. Wrong oil in the engine etc?
    Even if it was SAIC's fault which I doubt all the faults are, blaming SAIC would damage the VW brand more than SAIC! In the end, it is Shanghai VW's fault and SAIC can point out that they don't have these problems with Shanghai GM or their own brand cars and can probably point out that some of the faults are in imported components.

I'm sure they will try to keep it as quiet as possible but the journalists wont forget and will keep count of the total VW faults (not SAIC faults) as they have with Toyota.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:27 am

Looking at SAIC's sales growth figures, it is VW that has been doing best so maybe the bad publicity over the dual clutch gearbox was actually good publicity even though there was a big fuss about it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm