MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Maxus Vans

adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Maxus Vans Empty Maxus Vans

Post by adaveabbott Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 am

Windy, have you any idea when the Maxus van range will arrive in the UK?

I think they would sell very well.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Maxus Vans Empty Re: Maxus Vans

Post by Windy Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:08 am

No dates have been announced but it's getting closer, I guess there will be an announcement at the motor show at Easter...

See the latest post on the G10 launch thread: http://www.mguk.org/t1145-maxus-g10-launch#8676

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 am

I've added another post which mentions a plug in hybrid which would fit with Eco-Concept's plans, but will we get a Van, MPV, Pick up Truck or the whole range?
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:20 am

Windy wrote:I've added another post which mentions a plug in hybrid which would fit with Eco-Concept's plans, but will we get a Van, MPV, Pick up Truck or the whole range?
    assembled in Longbridge or imported first from China then from Thailand?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:29 am

patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:I've added another post which mentions a plug in hybrid which would fit with Eco-Concept's plans, but will we get a Van, MPV, Pick up Truck or the whole range?
    assembled in Longbridge or imported first from China then from Thailand?
    If Thailand has Maxus kit assembly, which it soon will, then I would expect Europe to also have Maxus kit assembly and it seems unlikely to me that they wouldn't assemble them at Longbridge, at least until they run out of space there! I think initial Maxus sales in Thailand are actually imports, until they get the factory up and running.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:15 am

Windy wrote:No dates have been announced but it's getting closer, I guess there will be an announcement at the motor show at Easter...

See the latest post on the G10 launch thread: http://www.mguk.org/t1145-maxus-g10-launch#8676

cheers 

Now it is official - see other thread...

Blue Pine: "circle represents the Earth, which indicates our brand to go international. " Its disclosure, April, Shanghai Motor Show, SAIC commercial will debut a pure electric vehicle, listed the year. This year SAIC commercial that "return to Europe" strategy, "wide-body light passenger's largest market in Europe, we plan to start in October this year, the UK market development, the future will be in Turkish exports, Ukraine and other places. "SAIC commercial short-term goal is to export 20-30% of the total sales volume, long-term goal will reach 40-50%.

Cheers
    Magnette

Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Post by Magnette Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 am

Hi - is that going to be a version of the Maxus as we know it, or the new model?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:16 am

Magnette wrote:Hi - is that going to be a version of the Maxus as we know it, or the new model?
    Welcome Smile,

I expect we will get roughly the same range of models as Australia, so similar to the old LDV Maxus vans but significantly updated, they have got quite decent reviews in Oz.

Ozzie Maxus V80 overview: http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/7F0CFE28E3875BCFCA2579EC0003D6C0
    Ozzie Maxus website: http://au.ldv.com/index.html

Possibly, this statement from the other thread suggests that we may also get the G10 MPV:
    SAIC Maxus has formed V80 and G10 both wings strategies to internationally competitive products in the arena of globalization continues to move.

Maxus Vans Pp_pic3
    Ozzie V80 range
    Magnette

Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Post by Magnette Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:59 am

Thanks!

The G10 shares some components from the V80 doesn't it, so it would make sense/be easier to introduce both.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:14 am

Magnette wrote:Thanks!

The G10 shares some components from the V80 doesn't it, so it would make sense/be easier to introduce both.
    Although a post in the other thread suggests that it is based on a LDV BD100 chassis, I find it hard to believe that they share many components.  The V80 is designed to carry heavy loads economically, the G10 is designed to carry people in modern standards of comfort, the suspension must be different and we know the engines are different.  I doubt that the UK will get the cheap Mitsubishi engine so UK ones would be sharing engines and maybe drivetrain with the MG CS, which the UK is getting - 220bhp 4WD MPV?!  There are suggestions that the G10 may have some Buick components but I've not seen that confirmed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:39 pm