MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

What Car? drive the MG6 diesel - "Should I buy one - no".

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

What Car? drive the MG6 diesel - "Should I buy one - no". Empty What Car? drive the MG6 diesel - "Should I buy one - no".

Post by patpending Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:10 am

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/mg/mg6/2014-mg-6-19-dti-review/1303892

It reads more like a Duranie review of Kajagoogoo's new single written without taking it out of the wrapper then a balanced review! I would like to know how much worse this really is than a Škoda...and specifically, how much real wonga you would lose in depreciation on those other cars.
    garlum
    garlum

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

What Car? drive the MG6 diesel - "Should I buy one - no". Empty Re: What Car? drive the MG6 diesel - "Should I buy one - no".

Post by garlum Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:16 pm

That and the fact the "review" flies in the face of most other reviews regarding the engine, gearshift, ride. I know the diesel is slightly different to the petrol model, but I can't imagine the ride is so much worse to warrant the remarks in comfort. I've driven my 6 from south Wales to Perth in total comfort, no aches, no pains. It's all well and good steering their stuffy readers toward stuffy safe options but almost slating a car based on the opinion of what can only be a non driving enthusiast is rather harsh, and highlights that Whatcar is an irrelevance if you want anything more than a shopping trolley with wheels.... and soft touch plastics of course.

Only one part of the review I agree fully on with is you'd be mad to pay full price. Come on MG, get the list price set honestly and stop faffing about with quarterly offers then having to flog registered cars for next to nothing. Madness.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

What Car? drive the MG6 diesel - "Should I buy one - no". Empty Re: What Car? drive the MG6 diesel - "Should I buy one - no".

Post by patpending Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:02 am

garlum wrote:Only one part of the review I agree fully on with is you'd be mad to pay full price. Come on MG, get the list price set honestly and stop faffing about with quarterly offers then having to flog registered cars for next to nothing. Madness.
    I have to agree with you there.

The review is otherwise like a Belieber rating One Direction "carp" 1) for not being Justin Bieber 2) - 99) see 1). Are the Škoda and the SEAT really 5/5s? Clarkson does "opinionated drivel" far better, but this isn't entertaining. In fact, the other 1/5 was when Clarkson blamed the 6 for him "stalling" it! Wink
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:06 am

patpending wrote:Clarkson does "opinionated drivel" far better, but this isn't entertaining. In fact, the other 1/5 was when Clarkson blamed the 6 for him "stalling" it! Wink
    I think he is trying to emulate Clarkson!

He only gave the Maserati diesel two stars after complaining about plastics, engine, gears etc and that costs 70K: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/maserati/quattroporte/2014-maserati-quattroporte-diesel-review/1296114

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 am