MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Email from MG

richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Email from MG Empty Email from MG

Post by richardk Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:09 am

I received an interesting email from MG today promoting the TF135 - great to see they are making use of the database..roll on the MG6 Very Happy
    (Apols for the lack of images which wouldn't copy over from the email)
    Register on MGs website and you can get the updates too

Hi and welcome to the latest news from MG Motor UK.
    Thanks to everyone who provided their postal addresses expressing an interest in viewing the latest edition TFs, we received hundreds of responses which we were delighted to forward to your nearest dealer (unless you expressed a particular preference) to contact you.
    The new MG TF 135 is now in showrooms across the UK so if you haven't done so far, call your local dealer to request a Test Drive and see for your self just how HUGE an amount of massive fun is available for what is, frankly, a tiny price.
    At only £13,511 on the road* there has really never been a better time to indulge yourself and, if that does not already sound too good to be true, thanks to MG's participation in the Government sponsored Car and Van Scrappage scheme those with qualifying cars or vans can now drive away a MG TF 135 from an unbelievably tiny £11,511 **
    In addition to this, a small number of TF LE 500 remain available and also qualify for the Scrappage Scheme if you do! That is all the specification that makes the LE unique now available for qualifying customers for an itsy bitsy £14,055 (still a bargain £16,055 for the rest of us!) The TF summer will be complete with imminent arrival of the latest edition to the MG family, the 85th anniversary edition TF, much more of which next month......
    If you have any questions or queries that you think MG Motor can assist you with, please click here and submit your questions via our feedback form.

Terms and conditions

On the road price includes delivery to dealer, number plates, 12 months road fund licence, first registration fee of £55 and VAT at 15%

Terms and conditions apply. See mgmotors.co.uk for details

MG Motor UK Ltd. Registered office: Headquarters, Lowhill Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham, B31 2BQ. Registered in England number 05779958.

thomasgilling
    thomasgilling

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-08-07

Email from MG Empty Re: Email from MG

Post by thomasgilling Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:34 pm

I registered too! I am waiting for the letter.

In addition to this, a small number of TF LE 500 remain available and also qualify for the Scrappage Scheme if you do!
    Well as the LE 500 was only 500 anyway it's going to be small no matter what. Plus ringing people up, is going to shift a few. I wonder how many there is left? Do you have any sales figures?

itsy bitsy £14,055 (still a bargain £16,055 for the rest of us!)

That's a lot of money for a 15 year old car, I would much prefer them to release the hatchback.

bitsy £14,055 (still a bargain £16,055 for the rest of us!) The TF summer will be complete with imminent arrival of the latest edition to the MG family, the 85th anniversary edition TF, much more of which next month......

Although I do like the sound of the 85th anniversary, I wonder if they are going to do an 5th anniversary edition MG 6! That would be well cool!

MG Motor UK Ltd. Registered office: Headquarters, Lowhill Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham, B31 2BQ. Registered in England number 05779958.

At least we know where they are based!
    richardk
    richardk

Post by richardk Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:41 am

That's a lot of money for a 15 year old car

Although I do like the sound of the 85th anniversary, I wonder if they are going to do an 5th anniversary edition MG 6! That would be well cool!

I believe they are brand new cars and not 15 years old! Razz
    The 85th anniversary model looks very swish and would probably be the first time a open top sports car has tempted me in any way since my beloved Spitfire - however I'll stick with the Freelander a tad more practical.

Well you've got 6 years to wait to see if there is a 5th year special edition of the MG6 it hasn't been launched yet..but it will be next year.
    thomasgilling
    thomasgilling

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-08-07

Post by thomasgilling Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:42 am

richardk wrote:

That's a lot of money for a 15 year old car

I believe they are brand new cars and not 15 years old! Razz
    The 85th anniversary model looks very swish and would probably be the first time a open top sports car has tempted me in any way since my beloved Spitfire - however I'll stick with the Freelander a tad more practical.

Well you've got 6 years to wait to see if there is a 5th year special edition of the MG6 it hasn't been launched yet..but it will be next year.

I meant the model, it's very long in the tooth.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:56 am

thomasgilling wrote:I meant the model, it's very long in the tooth.
    Most automobiles still have 4 wheels!
    You need a reason for making changes so what is actually wrong with the MGF that needs an update?
    Of course most of the things that needed updating were updated for the MG TF and updated again for the 2005 model.
    It may not be as powerful as a Ferrari but it's not in the same market and new MG engines are coming next year for the few that want more than 135bhp - remember that most sales in the past were of the 135 1.8L or 115 1.6L.
    For me it is too small, but that just means it needs a big sister, not that it needs replacing!
    There is a very long way to go before it is as "long in the tooth" as its predecessor the MGB was at replacement - that still had leaf springs!
    richardk
    richardk

Post by richardk Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:20 am

If the rumours were to have been believed then a new sports car was in the offing before MGR went under - that may yet resurface.

Of the range I suppose it makes sense to use the TF as the model to keep the factory slowly ticking over whilst the new range is developed. The reat of the range needed a great deal more investment for it to have a return to market

I think it is a case of being thankful that any car is being produced at Longbridge at all after the dreadful events we all remember so vividly. There is great optimism that more is to come when the time is right (that is the time defined by MG and not the enthusiasts).

Patience is a virtue - Patients are nightmare (motto of the NHS lol)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:03 pm