MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real

richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real Empty Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real

Post by richardk Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:19 am

Hi

Did anyone else get an email purpoted to be from MG a few days ago?

It was titled..."Newsletter Test"

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 1_logo

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 2a

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 2b

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 2c

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 2d

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 100831_MPH_TGL_Shell_Vertical_LogoEmail from MG..spam, an accident or for real Picture%20037Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real RED%20CUTEmail from MG..spam, an accident or for real Silver%20cutEmail from MG..spam, an accident or for real Steering%20wheel%20cutEmail from MG..spam, an accident or for real Show%20room%20cut

At the start of November MG Motor were proud to unveil the UK production specification MG6 to fantastic feedback at the MPH Motor shows at Earl's Court and the NEC. The MG6 was joined by the European debut of the MG Zero concept which also drew rave reviews from the crowds.
    As the excitement grows ahead of the launch of MG6 next year, we were delighted to launch a taster brochure at the show. If you have already requested an MG6 brochure, you will receive one shortly either by e-mail or in the post depending on the preference that you indicated. If you haven’t already ordered one, it will be available to download from the 1st December at www.mgmotor.co.uk
    Finally, for a number of people who met us at MPH, this will be your first news update from MG Motor and we’re sure that many of you will be interested to know who won the adventure holiday in our prize draw. Our congratulations go to Mr D Garoghan of Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire who will be taking his family away next February half term. Thanks to all of you that entered and we look forward to continuing to bring you the very latest news from MG Motor

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 4_sep_bar

Your email provider may have moved this email to your Spam folder. Be sure to add us to your safe senders list to allow further communications from us in the future.
    MG Motor UK Ltd. Registered Office: Headquarters, Lowhill Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham, B31 2BQ. Registered in England number 05779958

To contact us, please click here

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 1

This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
    http://www.netintelligence.com/email

Seeme d abit half baked and the MG6 brochure isn't available either...did someone accidentally hit the send button during testing??
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real Empty Re: Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real

Post by Windy Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:40 am

I assume it was a real newsletter email and was being sent to the person given in the "To:" field for checking but accidently got "BCC"ed to the entire subscriber list.

You are right, it doesn't look quite finished Mad

They are big pictures you got, mine looked a sensible size, although I didn't see all those scratch
    richardk
    richardk

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real Empty Re: Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real

Post by richardk Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:08 am

Smething went awry didn't it.

Last time something like this happened it was from TomTom and they followed up with a grovelling apologetic email..come on MG own up to the gaff

The pics didn't look that big in my email either....they grew when copied and pasted
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:29 pm

I got one too...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:30 pm

richardk wrote:Smething went awry didn't it.

Last time something like this happened it was from TomTom and they followed up with a grovelling apologetic email..come on MG own up to the gaff

The pics didn't look that big in my email either....they grew when copied and pasted
    Sending out pics that size to everyone was a bit excessive on internet bandwidth!

And I'm sure they didn't intend to supply everyone with that email address in the To field.

But it is nice to get a newsletter pirat
    richardk
    richardk

Post by richardk Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:15 pm

An apology at last...in small print..but an apology none the less...

An Apology: We have become aware that a small number of you may have received a test e-mail earlier this month that was dispatched in error whilst we tested a new system. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to those of you who received this e-mail.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:34 pm

They are still using an orange MG6 unlike us, even if they have copied our background style!

Email from MG..spam, an accident or for real 001

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Mon May 23, 2011 9:04 am

Here's a new one!

From shaun dot conroy...

InterScan Messaging Security Suite has detected a message which violated the security settings configured in Policy > Scanning Exceptions. The message was quarantined. You can find out more about this event by querying the Policy Event logs for Scanning exceptions.

Message details:
    Sender: NOREPLY@mgmotor.co.uk
    Recipient:
    Subject: MG6 VIP Track Drive - Book Now!
    Message ID: <471de82b0002b588@mail2.mgmotor.co.uk>
    Attachment:

Mind you, hasn't the subject already happened? Or is it all round to Dynamo's? Laughing
    Steven211
    Steven211

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steven211 Mon May 23, 2011 10:44 am

I got that email as well.
    Simcor

Post by Simcor Sat May 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Me too I was trying to fugure out what the feck IMSS was as I use Eset, it appears to be from Trend Micro software, get real security software please MG.

Simon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am