MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
mg-zs
skyblueads
patpending
Windy
8 posters

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show Empty MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show

Post by Windy Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:47 am

Following up last Septembers launch of the MG7 Automatic, the MG 6 will have it's debut at the Shanghai Auto Show in April and is expected to enter sale in the autumn.

Currently numerous Chinese news sites are taking great interest in its details, however all information is derived from photoshopped images of the car created by the UK magazine Auto Express. Insiders say it will look somewhat different to the current images and that there will also be styling differences between UK and Chinese versions of the car.

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show 4989b21b5c8ea
    MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show 4989b21d56610

One thing that is known is that it will be based on the Roewe 550 and that following Roewe/MG integration they are expected to share a production line giving the "1 + 1 > 2" effect.

Reference: http://news.cheshi.com/gcxc/200902/90710.shtml
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show Empty Re: MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show

Post by patpending Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:08 am

Windy wrote:...Currently numerous Chinese news sites are taking great interest in its details, however all information is derived from photoshopped images of the car created by the UK magazine Auto Express...
    If I said "Hello Windy, hello everybody" I might bring back nasty memories of post-Murray F1 coverage!
    Hello anyway! Laughing
    Just how many co-authors do those photos have now? you shouldn't be able to see them for watermarks!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show Empty Re: MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show

Post by Windy Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 am

patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:...Currently numerous Chinese news sites are taking great interest in its details, however all information is derived from photoshopped images of the car created by the UK magazine Auto Express...
    If I said "Hello Windy, hello everybody" I might bring back nasty memories of post-Murray F1 coverage!
    Hello anyway! Laughing
    Just how many co-authors do those photos have now? you shouldn't be able to see them for watermarks!
    Good to see you've got your best avatar up there pat - welcome Smile
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by skyblueads Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:51 am

Bonjovi, boys and girls.
    Thanks to Windy for pointing me this way.
    Very excited to see the 6 in the flesh, hopefully one of you clever people will find some spyshots before April.
    mg-zs
    mg-zs

Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by mg-zs Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Hello Adam Very Happy
    dentricrio
    dentricrio

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by dentricrio Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Will be interesting to see what MG pulls out the bag for this car.
    preetoo
    preetoo

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by preetoo Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:49 am

I'm itching to spend some cash in this car's direction to replace my R75.
    dentricrio
    dentricrio

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by dentricrio Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:13 am

preetoo wrote:I'm itching to spend some cash in this car's direction to replace my R75.

Only if its made in the UK Wink
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:20 am

dentricrio wrote:
    preetoo wrote:I'm itching to spend some cash in this car's direction to replace my R75.

Only if its made in the UK Wink

Absolutely!!!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:39 am

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show Mg_6_d10

Stick this front on the AutoExpress body and we might be somewhere close...
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Post by skyblueads Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:02 am

Hasn't that sketch been kicking about since the MGR days, though?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:21 am

skyblueads wrote:Hasn't that sketch been kicking about since the MGR days, though?
    It was produced by Arup for NAC MG as a design sketch for the MG5.

Although Arup was also involved in vehicle design in the MG-Rover days:
    http://www.arup.com/transactionadvice/feature.cfm?pageid=6941
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:15 am

re: styling, the Roewe is definitely in a trend of wide grilles. The new Honda Accord has one and the latest Subaru Impreza is unrecognisable as a Subaru...

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show 2009_subaru_impreza_wrx
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Post by skyblueads Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:42 am

Windy wrote:
    skyblueads wrote:Hasn't that sketch been kicking about since the MGR days, though?
    It was produced by Arup for NAC MG as a design sketch for the MG5.

Although Arup was also involved in vehicle design in the MG-Rover days:
    [url=http://www.arup.com/transactionadvice/feature.cfm?pageid=6941
    http://www.arup.com/transactionadvice/feature.cfm?pageid=6941[/quote[/url]]

Ah., I see. Well hopefully we'll see more than just sketches soon. I'm amazed we've not see more spy shots with the unveiling so near.
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:50 am

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show Mg6sedan
    Here's the latest pic doing the rounds this morning. Personally, I think we've yet to see the real version...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:18 am

preetoo wrote:Here's the latest pic doing the rounds this morning. Personally, I think we've yet to see the real version...
    I suspect the bodywork was computer generated from genuine data. The background, wheels and badge look photoshopped to me. When I first saw the image it was described as a computer simulation.

Front and rear wheels are pixel perfect copies, same angle, same size, spokes in same position, etc...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:32 am

The MG 6 is due for launch in six weeks time, the production lines at the Shanghai port base are running in pre-production / debugging mode and real cars do exist.

Supprisingly we have yet to see a spyshot or even an official computer rendering, so we still have little idea what the car will actually look like other than the fact that it will share a bodyshell with the Roewe 550. This has to be one of the best kept secret cars ever!

Of course most of the parts can be tested on it's cousin the Roewe 550 but that is a saloon and the MG6 exists in both saloon and hatchback forms, some road testing must have been done.

Another car that has so far evaded the spy cameras is the MG 5 which will share a chassis with the Roewe 350. Both cars will be produced at the Nanjing Pukou MG factory and prototype cars already exist. They are not expected to be on sale before 2011.
    KC
    KC

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post by KC Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:28 pm

I await with baited breath
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:51 am

KC wrote:I await with baited breath
    Any news of them heading your way?

Must be nearly 2.5 years since you visited the rather sad looking MG7 in your avatar. A lot has happened in that time, but your still awaiting the cars!
    KC
    KC

Post by KC Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:27 pm

O.K it is changed and 08 actually. We have a lot of interest in both LE500 and MG6 and only 2 cars a month would have sell to top the Renault sales.
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by richardk Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:49 pm

KC wrote:O.K it is changed and 08 actually. We have a lot of interest in both LE500 and MG6 and only 2 cars a month would have sell to top the Renault sales.

I'm sure MG would happily put a couple of TFs in a container for you and your MG friends
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:28 pm

KC wrote:O.K it is changed and 08 actually. We have a lot of interest in both LE500 and MG6 and only 2 cars a month would have sell to top the Renault sales.
    Ahh, that's better, I like those signposts, but it looks like I must have missed a Chinese News story on one of your visits. I only found one from 2007: http://forums.mg-rover.org/showpost.php?p=1828232&postcount=513 - a great quote Smile
    KC
    KC

Post by KC Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:47 pm

The 7 photo was more recent than the article that was writen in the day when it all was happening tommorow? Hopefully now all will happen sooner rather than later.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:13 am

Windy wrote:MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show Mg_6_d10

Stick this front on the AutoExpress body and we might be somewhere close...
    That's not far from the sketch that's appeared on http://www.roewe.com.cn/09autoshow/index.html !

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show Top_01
    MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show Top_02
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm

there's something about these grilles that suggests to me that the cars are actually Transformers in disguise!

Similar to the dashboard on the latest Mercedes, where you can see the robot's face: (here a W211)

MG 6 to appear at Shanghai Auto Show 50652k

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:59 pm