MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
AutoVideos
docjunior2008
richardk
Roverman
patpending
Windy
10 posters

The Guangzhou Motor Show

adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

The Guangzhou Motor Show - Page 3 Empty Re: The Guangzhou Motor Show

Post by adaveabbott Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:33 pm

If they get the dealer network right, and say MG6 hatch and saloon plus the MG3 out to sell in 2011. I think they will sell in good numbers, but you cannot expect miracles with just the MG6 hatch on sale on its own at the start. DaveA.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:58 pm

patpending wrote:This car ("Huoxi") is an Adler (Eagle) - look at the eagle radiator mascot and the "A" on the grille.
    Googles up "Adler 851" ... no more luck than "Huoxi 851" scratch
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:52 pm

mckenzie1971 wrote:I think the sat nav looks abit after market but all in all looks good i hope the plastics they use on the dashboard and inside door handles are better then they look cannot wait for it to come to the uk
    I wouldn't be surprised if the sat nav changes before production, but it is an optional item. They appear to be making the base model quite cheap - the latest MG Enthusiast has an article on the "MG3 Fan Club" which explains why that might be.

I see that it does have under bonnet sound proofing though so they are not sacrificing quality, just features relative to the R350.

I wonder if the AMT gearbox would sell in the UK?
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:This car ("Huoxi") is an Adler (Eagle) - look at the eagle radiator mascot and the "A" on the grille.
    Googles up "Adler 851" ... no more luck than "Huoxi 851" scratch
    OK then, if the clue is in the 851, I said to myself "Adler" but it must be an "Auburn" Doh

The Guangzhou Motor Show - Page 3 1935-1936-auburn-supercharged-851-852-1
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:46 pm

patpending wrote:OK then, if the clue is in the 851, I said to myself "Adler" but it must be an "Auburn" Doh
    So why is it on the Audi stand under the banner "vorsprung durch technik" confused
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:00 pm

The Guangzhou Auto Show MG6 Sport modified car

The Guangzhou International Motor Show, MG brings high-quality products, MG3 is star of the stand, but another modified car MG6 also tempts the appetite of the audience. MG's attentive fans should know back when this car was in Chengdu auto show, MG6 Sport on display there are many similarities, such as wheels, but in addition, more interesting modified parts also appear in this car body.

Chengdu Motor Show MG6 Sport and the car compared to the first part of the change of face for the first glance, not as MG6 Sport only a small increase in the bumper at the bottom surrounded by the MG6 modified cars altogether before the entire breath bumper replaced, replaced by a new front bumper design adds a front lip, abnormaly sharp.

The Guangzhou Motor Show - Page 3 1367962746

Location and shape of the fog to make consequential amendments, we can see clearly now more aggressive front and engaging degrees.

Front bumper design on both sides of the fish gills, for suspension and brake system AP Racing better heat dissipation.

In addition MG6 Sport bonnet air intake the two disappeared, replaced by heat appears symmetrical scales and punched raised central inlet at the 1.8T turbocharged engine MG6 in their help, will to maintain a good working temperature and then calmly work.

The car side skirts is one of the most seductive, and its vent design there are only some of the side car side skirts and the fit is not too strict.

Body parts front fender on both sides of the same heat with a mouth, as with a high-performance tires and brakes, the cooling effect of the wheels need to be improved.

Another interesting element of comparison is the British flag and the car with the checkered flag with a small plate, not only that the motion characteristics of their own, but also shows his pure British descent. The more I believe we have noticed changes in the brake calipers, AP Racing brake calipers red colour - this car is bound to bring better braking effect.

MG6 Sport evil 5 spoke with double striped black alloy wheels adopted in this modified car body.

Tail is also an important weapon for a modified car, MG6 modified cars equipped with matte black tail effect of constant air spoiler.

Tail "TEIN" badge, is it possible that the car is modified with a famous Japanese brand of shock absorber "TEIN" relationship? We do not know.

Echoes with the front, MG6 modified cars on both sides of the rear bumper the same design of the "gills" design, the bottom of the diffuser design of diversion, diversion out of the bus at the end smooth the effect of turbulence, and integrated dual exhaust which is about The emergence of tail pipe, it can certainly make a lot of people like it.

Interior treatment is to try the sport, aluminum sport pedals, carbon fiber door armrests, door trim package is also complemented by the red, in addition to the original sense of a very plastic handle is also missing a block.

But SAIC is currently not released to the ranks of this model include vehicles, with MG6 owners or potential buyers can learn from this table the idea for their own modified car modified car program
    Source: http://auto.ynet.com/view_25853_1.html
    Steven211
    Steven211

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steven211 Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:14 pm

I want that MG6 sport, that bumper is mean, love it. The boot space looks good in the MG3 and that engine looks tiny lol, hope its a good engine.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Steven211 wrote:I want that MG6 sport, that bumper is mean, love it. The boot space looks good in the MG3 and that engine looks tiny lol, hope its a good engine.
    Small engines weigh less which means better performance and handling Smile

Some say it is a little noisy at high revs but others like the noise, other than that I've not seen any bad comments. The complaints are always about the gearbox on the R350, seems to work well but there are a significant number of complaints about abnormal noises, might be a reason to choose the MG3's AMT gearbox.
    Steven211
    Steven211

Post by Steven211 Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 am

Windy wrote:
    Steven211 wrote:I want that MG6 sport, that bumper is mean, love it. The boot space looks good in the MG3 and that engine looks tiny lol, hope its a good engine.
    Small engines weigh less which means better performance and handling Smile

Some say it is a little noisy at high revs but others like the noise, other than that I've not seen any bad comments. The complaints are always about the gearbox on the R350, seems to work well but there are a significant number of complaints about abnormal noises, might be a reason to choose the MG3's AMT gearbox.
    Yep that's true, I like noisy engines so I don't care as long as it doesn't sound like a Wankel with that buzzing and as long as it doesn't drone then its fine.
    Steven211
    Steven211

Post by Steven211 Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Those power figures are fine I think, but isn't that indirect injection? Isn't the UK ones getting direct injection for Euro 5 as that will put the power up more.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 am

Steven211 wrote:Those power figures are fine I think, but isn't that indirect injection? Isn't the UK ones getting direct injection for Euro 5 as that will put the power up more.
    At the moment goverment regulations do not require direct injection for the UK, since it costs more than indirect injection it will continue to be used for the cheaper models until the regulations change!

Maybe by the time the MG3 arrives in the UK we will be close enough to regulation changes that they wont bother introducing the old technology? Or maybe petrol prices will have gone up so much that the customers will demand direct injection for its much improved efficency?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:19 am