MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Roverman
patpending
6 posters

MG3 customer clinic in Warwickshire - Birmingham Post

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG3 customer clinic in Warwickshire - Birmingham Post Empty MG3 customer clinic in Warwickshire - Birmingham Post

Post by patpending Mon May 30, 2011 11:11 am

This is the event you could go to if you had a 3-year-old Polo, I take it.

http://www.birminghampost.net/birmingham-business/birmingham-business-news/automotive-business/2011/05/27/new-mg3-unveiled-at-warwickshire-testing-facility-65233-28776584/

Following on from the MG3 unveiling, MG Motor UK is taking the unusual step of consulting small car owners to find out what they think of it.

Company spokesman Doug Wallace said: “We want to get feedback from people to see what their views are.

“It will be very interesting to us to hear what people think about various aspects of the car. The object of the exercise is to see what they make of the overall shape of the car as well as the interior and fit and finish.

“Some of that feedback will go into a much bigger document that could have some bearing on the car when it comes back to the UK and goes on sale.”
    Roverman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2010-02-12

MG3 customer clinic in Warwickshire - Birmingham Post Empty Re: MG3 customer clinic in Warwickshire - Birmingham Post

Post by Roverman Mon May 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Would it not have been better to show a right hand drive version in a similar guise and spec that it is to be sold in this country ?
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

MG3 customer clinic in Warwickshire - Birmingham Post Empty Re: MG3 customer clinic in Warwickshire - Birmingham Post

Post by richardk Mon May 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Roverman wrote:Would it not have been better to show a right hand drive version in a similar guise and spec that it is to be sold in this country ?

I take your point on what side the steering wheel is....but....I think the main thrux of the workshop was to get feedback on what the UK/eu spec should be. Wish I could have attended that day.

http://www.mguk.org/t8p240-news-from-mg-motor-uk-ltd#3997
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by skyblueads Tue May 31, 2011 3:28 pm

I was there for MG Enthusiast, you'll be able to read what I thought in the next issue of the mag. Wink

I will say I was impressed, it's a solid car with plenty of potential...
    preetoo
    preetoo

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by preetoo Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:33 am

Here's some feedback on the MG3 I've sent MG via their website:

----------

Firstly, thanks for giving people the opportunity to give you feedback on the MG Zero Concept. I would very much have liked to come see the MG3 that you are currently running in customer clinics, but I don't think you're bringing the car to Scotland, so written feedback based on photos will have to suffice.

The 3 is a tidy, contemporary looking car, with neat lines and a nice interpretation of the octagon in the rear styling. There are definite shades of the Skoda Fabia in the side profile, and the floating roof looks inspired by the Suzuki Swift. Neither of these comparisons are bad - in fact, the car manages to pull off trendy and practical at the same time (no mean feat!). The front of the car is the best angle from my point of view - nice clean lines with minimal fuss, and the octagon pride of place. I would prefer to see the bonnet of the Zero Concept on the car which would underline the family resemblance to the 6. The flat bonnet of the Chinese-market 3 is too plain. Also, the car needs bigger wheels as the size of the sides make it look under-tyred. I currently drive a Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart, so I'm a fan of tall styling on small cars, but I appreciate this is not to everyone's taste. You should give real consideration to a 3 door version to complement the five door. This will significantly broaden the car's appeal to a wider audience (particularly younger buyers).

As for the interior, I applaud the minimalist, practical approach. The plastics will need to be of good quality to match the solidity of the design. I also like the iPod style switches - very contemporary and sure to go down well with younger drivers. There seems to be plenty of space in the car, no doubt aided by the tall styling. This will make the car easy to get in and out of, thereby also making the car attractive to an older age group (something the previous MG ZR couldn't quite pull off as opposed to the Rover 25).

I believe your strategy of ensuring MG has a wider appeal is a good one, but affordable sporty driving should be a constant thread throughout your range. In low powered versions, this should translate as fun chuckable handling. To keep the brand's integrity, higher performance versions are essential.

Hope this feedback is useful. For the UK and European markets, you should add as many of the Zero Concept's styling elements as possible to the 3 - this will guarantee a strong impact and get the car noticed within a fiercely crowded and competitive market. Also, while the styling of the car is contemporary, I've read somewhere that it may be 2013 before it hits the showrooms. You need a quicker turnaround in order to build momentum in your product offering and firmly establish MG as a significant player again. Same goes for the 5 which looks amazing! 2013 is far too long to wait.

I've been a lifelong supporter of Rover and MG, and until recently had a 75. I've downsized to the Colt to save on running costs but still have an enjoyable car to drive. I will be purchasing a 3 or a 5 depending on what suits my budget at launch, and it would be fantastic to be able to make that choice at some point during 2012 as opposed to having to wait longer.

Thanks again for the opportunity to contribute feedback, and I wish the rebirth of MG every success for the future.

------

Haven't had a reply yet. Hope they're able to get it on the market soon. I've read somewhere that they're planning at least one version by the end of this year...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:03 am

preetoo wrote:Here's some feedback on the MG3 I've sent MG via their website:

----------

Firstly, thanks for giving people the opportunity to give you feedback on the MG Zero Concept. I would very much have liked to come see the MG3 that you are currently running in customer clinics, but I don't think you're bringing the car to Scotland, so written feedback based on photos will have to suffice.

The 3 is a tidy, contemporary looking car, with neat lines and a nice interpretation of the octagon in the rear styling. There are definite shades of the Skoda Fabia in the side profile, and the floating roof looks inspired by the Suzuki Swift. Neither of these comparisons are bad - in fact, the car manages to pull off trendy and practical at the same time (no mean feat!). The front of the car is the best angle from my point of view - nice clean lines with minimal fuss, and the octagon pride of place. I would prefer to see the bonnet of the Zero Concept on the car which would underline the family resemblance to the 6. The flat bonnet of the Chinese-market 3 is too plain. Also, the car needs bigger wheels as the size of the sides make it look under-tyred. I currently drive a Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart, so I'm a fan of tall styling on small cars, but I appreciate this is not to everyone's taste. You should give real consideration to a 3 door version to complement the five door. This will significantly broaden the car's appeal to a wider audience (particularly younger buyers).

As for the interior, I applaud the minimalist, practical approach. The plastics will need to be of good quality to match the solidity of the design. I also like the iPod style switches - very contemporary and sure to go down well with younger drivers. There seems to be plenty of space in the car, no doubt aided by the tall styling. This will make the car easy to get in and out of, thereby also making the car attractive to an older age group (something the previous MG ZR couldn't quite pull off as opposed to the Rover 25).

I believe your strategy of ensuring MG has a wider appeal is a good one, but affordable sporty driving should be a constant thread throughout your range. In low powered versions, this should translate as fun chuckable handling. To keep the brand's integrity, higher performance versions are essential.

Hope this feedback is useful. For the UK and European markets, you should add as many of the Zero Concept's styling elements as possible to the 3 - this will guarantee a strong impact and get the car noticed within a fiercely crowded and competitive market. Also, while the styling of the car is contemporary, I've read somewhere that it may be 2013 before it hits the showrooms. You need a quicker turnaround in order to build momentum in your product offering and firmly establish MG as a significant player again. Same goes for the 5 which looks amazing! 2013 is far too long to wait.

I've been a lifelong supporter of Rover and MG, and until recently had a 75. I've downsized to the Colt to save on running costs but still have an enjoyable car to drive. I will be purchasing a 3 or a 5 depending on what suits my budget at launch, and it would be fantastic to be able to make that choice at some point during 2012 as opposed to having to wait longer.

Thanks again for the opportunity to contribute feedback, and I wish the rebirth of MG every success for the future.

------

Haven't had a reply yet. Hope they're able to get it on the market soon. I've read somewhere that they're planning at least one version by the end of this year...
    Nicely written Smile, and I agree with most of it.

There are too many rumours on timescales for the UK cars to appear, we need an official press release or otherwise we should just assume that they will appear when they are ready!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:26 pm