MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Visit to Shanghai

MartinZT
    MartinZT

Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2009-11-17

Visit to Shanghai Empty Visit to Shanghai

Post by MartinZT Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:59 am

I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, I couldn't see other forums, but it is news, sort of...

I saw an MG6 Magnette in white last night outside the Riverview Hotel, I think these have lonly just been released here? I notice that the latest 6 has the UK style indicators in the mirror but still don't get the boot lip spoiler of the UK version.

The MG3 and Xross look really good, although I have only seen the 3 out in the wild and plenty of them, more so than the 6 or even the 7. The 7 seems to have gained some chrome around the grille which to be honest looks wrong in my opinion but then again that may be me thinking on the original ZT rather than seeing it as the Chinese see the MG7. I saw an MG7 last night with large rims on but it looked sort of wrong again owing to the higher ride height than the ZT had.

However, it is the Roewe that seems most popular around here in the 550 form. I have to say the more I see the 550 the more I like it and it is amazing that they seem to have done a good job of really separating the Roewe from the MG when in fact the body panels seem to be identical. However, why the difference in the interior door handles? I do like the styling of the Roewe door handles, though. The 350 also looks like a nice small car although it doesn't seem to stand out from the crowd as much as the 550 does. Saying that, the 350 being the basis for the new MG5 hopefully will work if they can style a hatch onto the rear as nicely as they have with the 6 from the 550.

There are also plenty of Roewe 750s around and the re-style of the boot and the longer cabin area do disguise its origins well as does the interior until you look at the instrument binnacle. However, despite this and the fact the 750 has been around awhile it is looking dated alongside the newer styled big cars from the other makers. I guess with the new 7/750 due soon here, that isn't an issue.

All in all, it has been a great week visiting the engine plant and meeting the good people of the MGCChina and seeing an MG 1100 Mk1 in the dealership and talking to a few owners.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Visit to Shanghai Empty Re: Visit to Shanghai

Post by Windy Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:12 am

A perfectly good place to post it, the moderators can always move it if they can find a more suitable place!

And thanks for posting - most interesting.

I believe the Chinese Magnette was released at the Guangzhou Auto show which has only just finished so you were luck to spot that. The Roewe 550 update is expected to get some of the updates too - such as the indicators in the mirrors.
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by richardk Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:53 am

V interesting post thank you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:04 pm