MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Magnette now starts at £20k

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Magnette now starts at £20k Empty Magnette now starts at £20k

Post by Dorset Rocket Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:40 am

Just looking that the 'refreshed' MG website and noticed that they only now list one Magnette model at £19955 and all the GT model prices have reduced by £40 so the S is now £15,455. Some sort of strategy going on here do we think, or is there a simpler answer - ie all the S and SE spec Magnettes have gone to Avis and they only have TSE's left??
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Magnette now starts at £20k Empty Re: Magnette now starts at £20k

Post by patpending Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Dorset Rocket wrote:Just looking that the 'refreshed' MG website and noticed that they only now list one Magnette model at £19955 and all the GT model prices have reduced by £40 so the S is now £15,455. Some sort of strategy going on here do we think, or is there a simpler answer - ie all the S and SE spec Magnettes have gone to Avis and they only have TSE's left??
    I just noticed this after someone else brought my attention to it.

There is only the Magnette TSE now as you say.

http://mg.co.uk/6-magnette/

Effectively with the reduced CO2 and reduced official consumption of the TCI-Tech there has been an "internal facelift" and I do wonder whether all the old S spec Magnettes have gone to Avis in March. (AFAIK the Avis cars are all S models).

Dorset Rocket

Post by Dorset Rocket Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:15 am

Ahh, I had not noticed the improved MPG and CO2 figures! As a potential customer who gets their email newsletter I'm surprised they have not updated evryone on this... Does it affect the RFL duty yet? Presume also the higher spec versions will get the new 6 speed 'box as well when the diesel comes out so further improving consumption.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:34 am

Dorset Rocket wrote:Ahh, I had not noticed the improved MPG and CO2 figures! As a potential customer who gets their email newsletter I'm surprised they have not updated evryone on this... Does it affect the RFL duty yet? Presume also the higher spec versions will get the new 6 speed 'box as well when the diesel comes out so further improving consumption.

They REALLY should have made a song and dance about this! I have read that the car goes down a band for VED (new registrations only Sad ) and benefit in kind goes down.

Given the "motability" angle there should be an auto here IMHO.
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by richardk Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:30 am

patpending wrote:

Given the "motability" angle there should be an auto here IMHO.

It's not only motability customers that insist on an auto box...no way in a million years i'd buy a manual box again..just got a FL2 auto now
    Dorset Rocket

Post by Dorset Rocket Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:46 am

Given that most 6's sold in China have auto's and I saw something recently that they had developed some new box (with two clutches??) I would have thought an auto will be here soon, if only on the Magnette, which they are perhaps now separating from the GT model as the more 'sensible' 6, hopfully to give them more scope to market the two models separately and even, dare I say 'boy up' the GT in response to BTCC success...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:00 am

Dorset Rocket wrote:Given that most 6's sold in China have auto's and I saw something recently that they had developed some new box (with two clutches??) I would have thought an auto will be here soon, if only on the Magnette, which they are perhaps now separating from the GT model as the more 'sensible' 6, hopfully to give them more scope to market the two models separately and even, dare I say 'boy up' the GT in response to BTCC success...
    yes, that would make sense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:06 am