MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

LHD MG3 testing in Spain

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

LHD MG3 testing in Spain Empty LHD MG3 testing in Spain

Post by patpending Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks to Arnaud Dupré for spotting this:

http://es.autoblog.com/2013/01/17/cazamos-al-mg3-en-fuengirola-malaga/

The red MG3 was completely without camouflage and, by the way, I found a model that does not call attention to anything. Al Natural is attractive, but does not stand out against the competition. The unit in blue, with a light camouflage on the rear bumper, is more striking for the sticker that tries to hide its forms than the car itself.

Because it was right next to a Toyota Yaris art can draw some conclusions about the size. The MG3 is somewhat longer and wider, while the Japanese which seems higher but really is not. While trying to talk to the technicians and I peek inside, though no photos-hard I've tried, I can anticipate that quality look and compares favorably with cheaper rivals (an Aveo for example). What I can not say is how will the termination [finish?] and settings as I have not had the opportunity to sit inside. In both units in the [steering] wheel was [on the] left.

LHD MG3 testing in Spain 0000la-foto3

LHD MG3 testing in Spain 00la-foto6

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

LHD MG3 testing in Spain Empty Re: LHD MG3 testing in Spain

Post by Dorset Rocket Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:49 am

The MG3 seems to be going though alot of testing given that it still appears almost identical to the China market version. Presumably alot of changes being made under the skin - anyone know what these are expected to be?
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 am

Dorset Rocket wrote:The MG3 seems to be going though alot of testing given that it still appears almost identical to the China market version. Presumably alot of changes being made under the skin - anyone know what these are expected to be?
    I have no special knowledge and do not recall seeing a list anywhere, but surely

• a different petrol engine - 107bhp is probably too low to be the only engine
    • a diesel engine - as in the 5500 delivered to the UK
    • different suspension (also bearing in mind different engine weight) for handling and drivability
    • shaking down RHD versions (these ones are LHD)
    • transmission testing, if different
    • type approval and crash testing?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 am

The turbo petrol is only just about ready for sale in China, they will want to test it for a bit before UK launch.

Even the standard 1.5 sold in China does not meet current EU emissions so the upgraded version needs testing too.

I also wonder if we are waiting for the new direct injection engines, they wont want to launch it with an engine that will be dropped within a year but I thought they aren't due til next year...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 am

Windy wrote:The turbo petrol is only just about ready for sale in China, they will want to test it for a bit before UK launch.

Even the standard 1.5 sold in China does not meet current EU emissions so the upgraded version needs testing too.

I also wonder if we are waiting for the new direct injection engines, they wont want to launch it with an engine that will be dropped within a year but I thought they aren't due til next year...

cars frequently *are* launched with old engines, Fords certainly, but 107 isn't even enough horses for Tesco nowadays, even if that used to be GTI power! Whatever engines it is launched with will have to be reliable!
    Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by Dorset Rocket Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:03 pm

From what I have seen, I think we can expect the 'NSE' 1.5L engine at launch with a turbo version to follow by the end of the year. If the standard version does 107bhp, that is actually not too bad compared to the Mini 1.6 which does 96bhp in basic 'Mini One' form and 118bhp in standard Cooper versions. Reliability, CO2 and mpg will all be important as well of course..
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Dorset Rocket wrote:From what I have seen, I think we can expect the 'NSE' 1.5L engine at launch with a turbo version to follow by the end of the year. If the standard version does 107bhp, that is actually not too bad compared to the Mini 1.6 which does 96bhp in basic 'Mini One' form and 118bhp in standard Cooper versions. Reliability, CO2 and mpg will all be important as well of course..
    I'm sure the 107bhp will be the more popular anyway just the same as the 104bhp ZR was far more popular than the 160VVC version.

LHD MG3 testing in Spain 50fce9aac0d96_500
    snifferdog1

Number of posts : 240
    Registration date : 2012-12-05

Post by snifferdog1 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:55 am

Im getting so impatient now, I just want to see what the UK 3 is gonna look like and get booked in for a test drive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:12 pm