MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Avis MG6

Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Avis MG6 Empty Avis MG6

Post by Morris Motors Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:05 am

I hired a car at the weekend (FIAT 500 - aren't they 'joggly' at speed!?!) and asked the Avis man about the MG6. He was quite professional about it, didn't slate the car but says it wasn't as good as some of the other stuff they get (which I think most people recognise) but said what killed it was the dealers.

If something went wrong, they were lumbered with it in their workshops as the nearest dealer to Manchester was Wigan. People like Avis need a fast turnaround; a dead car needs to be fixed or replaced asap, or at least out of the Avis workshop to free up space. He said the dealer they used was good, quite fast etc, but that it wasn't a 'normal' dealer (I suppose it was one of the family-run back street businesses they seem to have).

But he didn't roll his eyes and say they were a load of trouble and they were glad to see the back of them. He seemed to think it was all down to support and that they wouldn't be taking any more.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Avis MG6 Empty Re: Avis MG6

Post by patpending Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:22 am

Morris Motors wrote:I hired a car at the weekend (FIAT 500 - aren't they 'joggly' at speed!?!) and asked the Avis man about the MG6. He was quite professional about it, didn't slate the car but says it wasn't as good as some of the other stuff they get (which I think most people recognise) but said what killed it was the dealers.

If something went wrong, they were lumbered with it in their workshops as the nearest dealer to Manchester was Wigan. People like Avis need a fast turnaround; a dead car needs to be fixed or replaced asap, or at least out of the Avis workshop to free up space. He said the dealer they used was good, quite fast etc, but that it wasn't a 'normal' dealer (I suppose it was one of the family-run back street businesses they seem to have).

But he didn't roll his eyes and say they were a load of trouble and they were glad to see the back of them. He seemed to think it was all down to support and that they wouldn't be taking any more.

Yes, interesting - Avis will have driven a very hard bargain but they must have believed they would have sufficient dealer support. Yet again, the MG products are from a company which is as big as, or bigger than, the competition globally. The products are as good as an average modern car but the UK operation appears far smaller than any obvious competition I can name.

Shame - I was looking forward to hiring a TS1(?) MG3 off Avis... so now I can "unlike" them on Facebook until I hear they are taking more MGs...
    Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by Morris Motors Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:33 am

I'd have hired an MG6 as I'd like to make my own judgement - I could do a test drive at a dealer but I'd be wasting their time as I'm not looking to buy one. As for the MG3, if the price really *is* low, then I'm getting one.

But a city like Manchester really ought to have a dealer. That is a bit crackers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:24 pm