MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

MG6 with Roverovsky K-series engine...

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

MG6 with Roverovsky K-series engine... Empty MG6 with Roverovsky K-series engine...

Post by Windy Mon May 11, 2009 1:00 am

One of the clearest news reports on the Shanghai show that I have seen comes from the Russian Autoweek website: http://autoweek.ru/review/news/20818

It's good to see that both the MG5 and MG6 will be tageting UK and Ireland sales but what I was looking for was information on Russian sales following a comment by SAIC Marketing Director 蒋峻 - I didn't find any...

http://www.pcauto.com.cn/news/yjpl/medium/0905/835014.html

Reporter: On the export issue, what is the SAIC intention?

蒋峻: Export issues, we will play MG brand's influence in Europe, so the export models will be linked to the MG brand.

At present, with the temporary export we also test the water in South America and the Russian market, but the future of the European market will occur only when we are fully prepared.

MG6: the return of the Britons? (MG6: возвращение британцев?)

22/04/2009 http://autoweek.ru/review/news/20818/

SAIC (Chinese national car company) at motorshow in Shanghai introduced a car called MG6. It should be noted that this hatchback will be the first model of MG since the purchase of the brand by the Chinese from the British in 2001. The principal markets the car will be United Kingdom and Ireland.

Officials said that the hatchback MG6 along with sedans built from its base, will go on sale in early 2010. The sedan, incidentally, is already available to customers in China and known as the Roewe 550.

The main power plant will be 1.8-liter turbocharged. This is an updated Roverovsky K-series engine, which was previously sat in the Rover 75 and some models of MG.

The company also said SAIC, which is working on a compact car, which will be sold in China under the name Roewe 350, and in Europe as the MG5. In addition, this year in honor of 85-year anniversary of MG brand could see the light the updated MG TF roadster.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG6 with Roverovsky K-series engine... Empty Re: MG6 with Roverovsky K-series engine...

Post by patpending Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 pm

that stuff's clearly not autotranslated by the Chinese-translating bots, Windy...can you speak Russian? Wink

I see the MG5 is to be the Roewe 350 - they say. That leaves space for a new MG3...so long as it doesn't look like a Fiat... Wink

wonder what "temporary export" means?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

MG6 with Roverovsky K-series engine... Empty Re: MG6 with Roverovsky K-series engine...

Post by Windy Mon May 11, 2009 4:33 pm

patpending wrote:that stuff's clearly not autotranslated by the Chinese-translating bots, Windy...can you speak Russian? Wink

I see the MG5 is to be the Roewe 350 - they say. That leaves space for a new MG3...so long as it doesn't look like a Fiat... Wink

wonder what "temporary export" means?
    I wouldn't even know how to pronounce MG in Russian! Luckily there are some Russian translator bots too, took a bit of effort but they are pretty good. I wish they would do some decent German and French ones!

The all new MG3 is rumoured to be sharing the AP11 chassis with the MG5, it was expected a year later than the MG5, although today Mr 蒋峻 has been promising a "big push" for MG next year with lots of new models...
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Tue May 12, 2009 2:30 am

Windy wrote:...today Mr 蒋峻 has been promising a "big push" for MG next year with lots of new models...
    Mr 蒋峻? That's easy for you to say. Wink

Isn't he Superman's friend from another dimension? Oh no, that's Mr. Mxyzptlk...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue May 12, 2009 4:11 am

patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:...today Mr 蒋峻 has been promising a "big push" for MG next year with lots of new models...
    Mr 蒋峻? That's easy for you to say. Wink

Isn't he Superman's friend from another dimension? Oh no, that's Mr. Mxyzptlk...
    I've given Google a lesson!

MG6 with Roverovsky K-series engine... 001372af63d60b5fa9e94f

SAIC Marketing Director - Jiang Jun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:31 am