MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

sports car whoop whoop

rantell

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2014-05-17

sports car whoop whoop Empty sports car whoop whoop

Post by rantell Tue May 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

sports car whoop whoop Empty Re: sports car whoop whoop

Post by Windy Tue May 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Ignore the picture, it is an Autocar creation!

This is a story created by the USA press because they needed something to write about but hopefully a real story will emerge at MG90 @ Silverstone at which you can also see the MG Dynamo concept.

...And maybe a few other designs!

sports car whoop whoop SAIC-Roewe-MG-CUP-Design-Competition-2014-Poster-02-355x266

http://www.carbodydesign.com/2014/05/saic-launches-roewe-mg-cup-design-competition-2014/

sports car whoop whoop Roewe-850-Celebration-Concept-by-Sun-Jiajun-design-panel-detail-720x288

“MG90 not only pays homage to the classic brand but also looks to the future. The young and vibrant post-90s generation is bringing new look to each and every side of the society with their independence, confidence and creativity.

“The Internet and crossovers are unremittingly overturning traditions and conventions. The 90-year-old MG also yearns for brand-new design powers. Open, free and dreamy future MG “My Style” will be injected into the “Individual, Charisma, Creativity” MG spirit.”

Magnette

Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Post by Magnette Wed May 28, 2014 12:56 am

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Wed May 28, 2014 1:45 am

It just doesn't look like a Mini!

The electric vehicle was constructed from hand-shaped metal sheeting and the interior features high-end materials such as leather, aluminium and black chrome.

Is it going to compete with the MG Dynamo at 5 times the price?
    Magnette

Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Post by Magnette Wed May 28, 2014 4:13 am

The nose is mini-esque I suppose, but the rear reminds me of a Triumph (Stag/Dolomite/2000). The boot fin is off a Bristol. It's not bad; it's the MINI-ish front that is the worst bit I think. It also looks nice and low and not a 'nose-down wedge' like so many modern cars. It looks like a very well thought out design - the Icon was a mish mash.

I think the Icon was actually a smart move by MG - it was just a canvas on which to show all the retro MG design cues to a modern audience and I guess effectively stops other manufacturers pinching them. If they hadn't shown the Icon, this MINI might have had haunches over the rear wheels or a hint of rear fins. The Icon is now looking like a shot across the bows of any potential competition.

I hope MG come up with something as well resolved as this for MG90...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:27 am