MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Škoda Fabia 1.2TSI in auto, motor + sport

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Škoda Fabia 1.2TSI in auto, motor + sport Empty Škoda Fabia 1.2TSI in auto, motor + sport

Post by patpending Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:17 am

German car magazine "auto, motor + sport" on the Škoda Fabia. "If you liked Golf III [massively successful there], get a Fabia".

The 90PS 1.2 TSI does 0-62 in 10.9s (same as MG3) and seems to have an amazingly high "official" MPG of 61mpg. The German pricing is interesting - it seems its base list price of €15,990 (£12,360) excludes a DAB radio. Add DAB radio, climate control, auto wipers, rear parking sensors, rear electric windows, USB, alloys, and metallic paint and list is €18,200 (though clearly currently deals mean you can get one there for €15k/£12k)

Makes you wonder if it might be a good time to launch MG3 in Germany, though I'm not holding my breath...
    Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Škoda Fabia 1.2TSI in auto, motor + sport Empty Re: Škoda Fabia 1.2TSI in auto, motor + sport

Post by Dorset Rocket Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:33 am

Not sure MG will be in Germany any time soon - and probably never if the UK votes to leave the EU on 23 June! (Sorry to be political but a leave vote will be a disaster for the UK motor industry) .

Anyway, just popped in to my local MG dealer for a chat today about the GS and he asked what MPG I was getting with my '3. I had forgot to check the trip computer for months so had a quick look with him and the figure was 41.5 mpg - that must be the average for at least the last 10,000 miles as I have not reset it for months.
    Not bad for 'real world driving' including a 40 mile daily commute..
    patpending
    patpending

Škoda Fabia 1.2TSI in auto, motor + sport Empty Re: Škoda Fabia 1.2TSI in auto, motor + sport

Post by patpending Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:04 pm

Dorset Rocket wrote:Anyway, just popped in to my local MG dealer for a chat today about the GS and he asked what MPG I was getting with my '3. I had forgot to check the trip computer for months so had a quick look with him and the figure was 41.5 mpg - that must be the average for at least the last 10,000 miles as I have not reset it for months.
    Not bad for 'real world driving' including a 40 mile daily commute..

Higher than mine though since I have been able to turn the heating off I am getting 34-35mpg instead of 28-29mpg on very short journeys. Also, now the engine has done over 1,000 miles, it should improve.

Tiny turbos like this do well on the official tests - so will the Cube-Tech which is already out and about.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Dorset Rocket wrote:Not sure MG will be in Germany any time soon...

It was only ever Phase 4, so even where a plan exists, I doubt anyone would start there. It's a challenging and sophisticated market which doesn't take to backstreet operations or incomplete dealer networks and is unforgiving of poor customer support, so an entrant needs a plan from Day 1. Mind you, Hyundai (who've been there a couple of decades) are now Top 10 and SsangYong are powering up the sales leagues from nowhere.

Germany is Europe's biggest market - like the US or Japan, a world car seller can't ignore its volume and put it into the "too hard" category. I think a sportscar is essential for the US and Japan and beneficial for Germany.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:19 pm