MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

"Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

"Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day Empty "Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day

Post by patpending Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 am

Those of you who know me will realise that I can't speak or read Chinese since I have never progressed beyond Lesson One. d'oh (well, not yet, anyway!)

So if I attach an autotranslated Chinese article about getting an MG for Valentine's Day, I hope you will excuse me. It's certainly the only way I could expect to find out about this - and I hope your salesman is like Brecht's Good Person of Szechuan (but when she's being nice!)

Note source http://auto.tfol.com

All famous people: MG MG Valentine's Day gift, it is necessary to your heartbeat

http://auto.tfol.com Tianfu Automotive Network 2009-2-7 12:59:24
    Recently, reporter learned from the MG MG Chengdu famous 4S shops All public was informed that the New Year, Lunar New Year of the Ox, in order to pay back the vast number of consumers in 2008 on the MG and MG together famous people of great kindness, especially the introduction of "Valentine's Day gift, it is necessary to you heart, "ex-gratia Events. Where now until February 14 period, the customer to the public as long as the famous shops All tours car, test drive a number of exciting gift相送have set a more pleasant car gift.

At present, the purchase tax purchase MG3SW 1.4L halved, car first province 3410 yuan; MG3SW 1.8L model is the introduction of heavy promotions during the event-free car purchase tax, the sum of various kinds of privileges allows you to save thousands million. All famous people at the same time as the Sichuan region 4S shop the only finance company in cooperation with the SAIC's MG MG dealers, the public together with the SAIC financial companies famous for consumers to launch a fee-free mortgage purchase activities, for the two into five years the minimum down payment mortgage purchase 16,800 open home.
    If you are interested in directly to the public All famous MG MG Advisory 4S shop.
    MG MG 4S authorized dealer in Sichuan Chengdu Public Service Co., Ltd. All famous automobile 4S shop Address: East Third Ring Road, Chengdu Longtan Industrial Park, Bao ears Road (opposite the multi-headquartered international)
    Sales Hotline :028-84215142, 84215148 to 8006
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

"Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day Empty Re: "Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day

Post by richardk Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi "Pat"
    I think this is UK news too..I saw an advert somewhere saying this...or was it on the mg uk site....and there was an advert in my local paper today for the TF500LE P!
    patpending
    patpending

"Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day Empty Re: "Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day

Post by patpending Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:16 pm

richardk wrote:Hi "Pat"
    I think this is UK news too..I saw an advert somewhere saying this...or was it on the mg uk site....and there was an advert in my local paper today for the TF500LE P!
    well, when I googled for "MG Valentine Offer" I found a post by a chap with the mysterious surname of "K" and the following:
    MG DEALERS WANT DRIVERS TO GET THEIR TOPS OFF THIS VALENTINE’S AND HAVE A LITTLE FUN!

...so I then simply had to search the interrent for "get tops off, have fun"(!), I hate search terms that give lots of spurious results!

The above is copied from MG Motors' site
    http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news-events/news/mg-dealers-want-drivers-to-get-their-tops-off-this/

but the only place I could find more was this mysterious "Richard" chappie Wink who posted:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showpost.php?p=2964576&postcount=128

MG DEALERS WANT DRIVERS TO GET THEIR TOPS OFF THIS VALENTINE’S AND HAVE A LITTLE FUN!

With Valentine’s day fast approaching MG Dealerships* across the UK are
    encouraging motorists to get their tops off and have a little fun! To
    help them out they are launching a special offer of free roses or
    chocolates aimed squarely at couples with romance in mind.

The tops to come off are of course the hard tops that come as standard
    on the MG TF LE500 sports cars. The exclusive offer will be available
    for one weekend only over Saturday and Sunday the 14th and 15th of
    February.

The dealer’s Valentine’s offer goes like this. Test drive** the LE500
    on Saturday the 14th or Sunday the 15th of February and not only will
    they help you get the hard top off, to prove to you that top down
    motoring can be excellent fun even in February, but they will also
    offer a rose or chocolates to everyone taking the drive.

As well as the Valentine’s Day incentive, if a test drive leads to an
    order for an MG before the end of February your new car will come
    complete with chocolates and a dozen roses.

*Offer subject to availability. Please check with your chosen dealer to confirm their participation in this promotion.

**Test Drives subject to Dealers’ Terms and Condition. Please check with your dealer for details.

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 am

MG TF is more romantic than diamond - Valentine's Day gifts
    "Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day 1234159725805_35171

February 14 (Valentine's Day) a special day for the whole world. Valentine's Day Festival, also known as St. Valentine or St. Valentine's Day (English: St. Valentine's Day), although it originated in the West, but now has become a global festival. On this day couples will give each other token gifts of expression, this year what you will send to express your love it? Is a rose or a bouquet; is a huge diamond ring or a wealthy romantic passion convertible?

Today we introduce you to a car is so - MG's MG TF sports car. MG TF is synonymous with classic and style, its been hailed as the automotive world of Burberry. Then open the world's most famous encyclopedia "Encyclopedia Britannica" as you query the term sports car, you will find the MG TF. She was as a sports car the authority of example, and became the protagonist of the term of the illustrations.
    Reference: http://auto.tom.com/2009-02-09/0D57/22126493.html
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Interesting how different brands have different connotations around the world. Don't think the MG Car Company would be rushing to say

MG TF is synonymous with classic and style, its been hailed as the automotive world of Burberry.

that one in the picture looks nice, though!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:48 am

"Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day Mg_tf_13
    A new Chinese Valantine's day advert with just a hint of Britishness to it Laughing
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:13 am

Windy wrote:"Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day Mg_tf_13
    A new Chinese Valantine's day advert with just a hint of Britishness to it Laughing
    yes, it looks as though the Twin Towers in Manhattan have been replaced by a Tower Bridge the size of Kent's new White Horse!

It's funny, I got a great book about St. Pancras Station for Christmas, and the huge Gothic bit you see from the street - Scott's Midland Hotel of 1868 - was completely out of fashion later in the Victorian era. Yet Tower Bridge - extremely Gothic - dates IIRC from 1894 and, though presumably very controversial then, now shouts "I'm in London!" to anyone looking.

One of a few select buildings jumbled together for the Thames ident..(Houses of Parliament, Post Office Tower, St. Paul's Cathedral, what's that with the twin white rocket launchers? The Guildhall?)

"Let her heart beat faster" - get an MG for Valentine's Day 300thames

(ironically Thames's base was in SW Middlesex, in Teddington...)

looking at the MG advert, what does that say top right? MG Nim Jue, Let your heart beat faster? well that IS one way of doing it, I suppose... Wink
    dentricrio
    dentricrio

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by dentricrio Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 am

China's MG photoshops make me smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:48 pm