MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Windy
garlum
richardk
preetoo
8 posters

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland

preetoo
    preetoo

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland Empty Doing my bit for MG in Scotland

Post by preetoo Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 am

Here's my lovely Arctic White MG6 TSE that I collected from Morrisons Garage in Stirling on Saturday. A very rare sight on Scottish roads so I'm getting plenty of attention in the south side of Glasgow. Morrisons remain Scotland's sole MG dealer and I've been assured they have no intention of quitting. Reps from the dealership will be down at Longbridge this week to preview the MG6 diesel and the MG3 in a bid by MG Motor UK to boost confidence in their network. MG had a very loyal following in Scotland up until 2005, so the sooner the other models launch the better, backed by some decent marketing.

I'll post more scenic pics of my new steed around Scotland's beautiful conutryside when I have time.

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland DSC_0046_Hagridnoreg

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland DSC_0049_Hagridnoreg
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland Empty Re: Doing my bit for MG in Scotland

Post by richardk Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Looks great - that is very shiny white....better tie some tinsel on the aerial in the winter so you can find it in the snow!

Enjoy the new car
    garlum
    garlum

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

Post by garlum Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Lovely colour. As on the other forum I think white, blue and black are probably the best colours for the MG6. So far of the owners I've seen feedback on all bar one have been completely trouble free. The one seemed to have a leak on the coolant bottle. Mine has been impeccable and a pleasure to own.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:54 am

preetoo wrote:I'll post more scenic pics of my new steed around Scotland's beautiful conutryside when I have time.
    Some of the arctic white in the snow should look really good Smile (if you can keep it clean in the winter!)
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:52 pm

It will be a labour of love I assure you Very Happy
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by richardk Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 pm

With the car nearly a week old how are you finding it? Settled in nicely?
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:13 am

preetoo wrote:Here's my lovely Arctic White MG6 TSE that I collected from Morrisons Garage in Stirling on Saturday. A very rare sight on Scottish roads so I'm getting plenty of attention in the south side of Glasgow. Morrisons remain Scotland's sole MG dealer and I've been assured they have no intention of quitting. Reps from the dealership will be down at Longbridge this week to preview the MG6 diesel and the MG3 in a bid by MG Motor UK to boost confidence in their network. MG had a very loyal following in Scotland up until 2005, so the sooner the other models launch the better, backed by some decent marketing.

I'll post more scenic pics of my new steed around Scotland's beautiful conutryside when I have time.

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland DSC_0046_Hagridnoreg

*looks at URLs*

*guesses Robbie Coltrane-related name of car*

*decides against telling preetoo something which Anthony McGowan already knows*

I LOVE the orange myself. Now there's a sunroof on the GT TSE, I'd only want DAB and mudflaps lol! (Still too big for what I need lol)

Is that interesting modern architecture the Scottish Parliament? Reminds me of the new government buildings in Berlin...

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:43 am

richardk wrote:With the car nearly a week old how are you finding it? Settled in nicely?
    If you've not seen it you may find this interesting: http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/2012/07/08/blog-mg6-in-the-workshop-how-do-they-stack-up/

I'm glad this Arctic White car does not have the new chrome, white and black looks excellent, the new cars will need de-chroming Laughing
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:21 am

I'm nearing the end of my first week with the car and I can honestly say I'm delighted with it. Sure it's more thirsty than my previous steer (Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart), but the trade off in terms of space, comfort and all the toys you could ever want more than compensates. And to be honest (and this may sound a little crazy) I feel so much better being back in the MG fold as a total brand devotee.

I've clocked up 400 miles in the car since I bought it, and I genuinely can't stop smiling when I drive it. The interested looks from folks gives me a real buzz and those who I've spoken to are very complimentary. There's still tremendous goodwill out there for MG - all that's needed is more cars to choose from, more dealers, and a decent marketing push. Given the details that are starting to come out of Longbridge, we'll hopefully not have too long to wait...

preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Here's some more pics, this time from the Irvine Harbourside on the sunny (today at least) Ayrshire coast. A fantastic day, made even better by the car.

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland DSC_0056_Hagridnoreg

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland DSC_0066_Hagridnoreg

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland DSC_0068_Hagridnoreg
    ex-rover

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2009-08-04

Post by ex-rover Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Excellent pictures. The car looks fantastic.
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:08 am

Here's another taken from my living room window - still find it difficult to keep my eyes off it Smile

Doing my bit for MG in Scotland DSC_0045_Hagridnoreg

Just noticed Pat's comments - apologies for not replying earlier.

'Hagrid' is the camera filter I use when taking the pics with the Pixlr-o-matic app on my Sony Xperia S. I find it accentuates the lines of the '6 very nicely, particularly Arctic White. I've actually christened the car 'Findlay' - nicely Scottish and a wee bit posh. And yes, I know all kinds of transportation are supposed to be given female names but that's not a rule I've ever followed.

The building in the earlier pic is the new (and entirely public-funded) Victoria Infirmary in Glasgow's southside. I work for NHS Scotland and we're very proud of it.

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 am

preetoo wrote:Just noticed Pat's comments - apologies for not replying earlier.

'Hagrid' is the camera filter I use when taking the pics with the Pixlr-o-matic app on my Sony Xperia S. I find it accentuates the lines of the '6 very nicely, particularly Arctic White. I've actually christened the car 'Findlay' - nicely Scottish and a wee bit posh. And yes, I know all kinds of transportation are supposed to be given female names but that's not a rule I've ever followed.

The building in the earlier pic is the new (and entirely public-funded) Victoria Infirmary in Glasgow's southside. I work for NHS Scotland and we're very proud of it.

Thanks. It's good to see a new hospital - building one is the bit all politicians love when they go "tick!". Finding the money to train and employ career professionals to staff it seems to be the hard bit.
    frankie40
    frankie40

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2012-10-17

Post by frankie40 Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:24 am

Me Too ! I've just bought the one on my avatar from Morrisons of Stirling MG6 1.8TCI GT SE in Regal Red for £10500. A bargain as far as I'm concerned, only 7800 miles on the clock.
    littlechicken
    littlechicken

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Post by littlechicken Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:48 am

Well done Frankie, nice looking car!
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:31 am

Fantastic Frankie - I considered that one when I was purchasing mine. Great looking motor Wink
    frankie40
    frankie40

Post by frankie40 Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:44 am

I've not collected it yet,but I've been and had my test drive and signed the HP agreement. Looking forward now to bringing it home. Can you tell me, is the satnav upgradeable? Thanks in advance,Frankie
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 am

The satnav maps can be updated via downloads onto the SD card after you've registered online.
    garlum
    garlum

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

Post by garlum Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:42 pm

preetoo wrote:The satnav maps can be updated via downloads onto the SD card after you've registered online.

Do you know, until I read your comment I had never thought to look much into the SatNav system or manuals. I forgot where I'd put the DVD style case to be honest, and the only place it could be was in the secret drawer under the passenger seat. So I had a little read, went online, registered my details - the SatNav was already registered for unlimited use - and did a little digging around. I couldn't find any updates for the MG6, and it seems that if/when there are updates you have to pay the SatNav software supplier around £140. Is that how you understand it?

To be fair I've used the SatNav a few times and it's always been fine in most respects (struggles a little on pinpointing businesses located on Industrial Estates - that seems to be a feature of most SatNavs in my experience) and I can't say I've noticed much in the way of out of date information apart from perhaps the odd speed limit change to that stored in the SatNav and displayed on the speed warning option in the dash.
    frankie40
    frankie40

Post by frankie40 Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:45 am

I just called Keith Harris at MG, he told me that the updates will be made around April and that there may be a "nominal" charge for the updates.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:48 pm