MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
richardk
frankie40
6 posters

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

frankie40
    frankie40

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2012-10-17

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland Empty How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

Post by frankie40 Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:46 am

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland?
    frankie40
    frankie40

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland Empty Re: How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

Post by frankie40 Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:35 am

Surely not only the 3 that are on this forum?
    richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland Empty Re: How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

Post by richardk Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:56 am

Hopefully there will be more soon with derv model now coming on stream
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Frankie, "we" are a small but growing band interested in modern MGs and civilised discussion of MG News. "We" are glad to see anyone join us, but we would not claim to have all MG6 drivers as members! Wink
    frankie40
    frankie40

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland Empty How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland

Post by frankie40 Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:07 am

Yes, maybe so, my question was meant to be put to others to find out how many owners there were, and I cannot for the life of me find anything in my question that can be construed as "uncivilised".
    richardk
    richardk

Post by richardk Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:32 am

Have you seen many other MG6s on the road north of the border?

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 am

frankie40 wrote:Yes, maybe so, my question was meant to be put to others to find out how many owners there were, and I cannot for the life of me find anything in my question that can be construed as "uncivilised".
    In this season of goodwill, I don't think that Pat meant that you had put anything "uncivilised" any more than he was suggesting that you were talking about non-"modern" MGs! You should assume by default that all discussion on this forum is civilised and if not then it is likely to be due to a misunderstanding.

Merry Xmas Smile
    frankie40
    frankie40

Post by frankie40 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 am

Hi Richard, apart from seeing a white MG6 in the dealers workshop in Stirling, (I think it may have belonged to preetoo
    on this forum), I haven't actually seen one "on the road" apart from my own of course. The 3 Scottish owners on here as far as I can make out have a red one, a white one and a blue one, that should make a nice photo, "say hello to the red, white and blue"
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Frankie, glad you join our little band - I think substantially all MG6 drivers like to make civilised comment - if you have to review comments on other sites to find the concealed nastiness behind them, that isn't the case here!

If only every MG-themed site were full only of posts by people with an open mind about modern MGs!
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2012-12-28

Post by IainForgan Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:03 pm

frankie40 wrote:Hi Richard, apart from seeing a white MG6 in the dealers workshop in Stirling, (I think it may have belonged to preetoo
    on this forum), I haven't actually seen one "on the road" apart from my own of course. The 3 Scottish owners on here as far as I can make out have a red one, a white one and a blue one, that should make a nice photo, "say hello to the red, white and blue"

Hi Frankie, I still have not had time to wash my blue TSE. As I said on another forum I like the idea of a photo of the three colours together.

The only other 6's I have seen were at the BTCC at Knockhill earlier in the year. There must have been more than 20 6's there as well as four or so in the BTCC colours. I am just a few miles from Knockhill and can hear the cars and bikes buzzing round the circuit when there is a north easterly wind.

I will be using Dreadnaught in Callander for my servicing, I used to use them when my previous car (ZR160) was new and was very happy with them. They don't sell MG 6's just service them.

My cruise control stopped working on the way back from visiting grandchildren in Cambuslang yesterday but I was able to clear the fault by switching off and on the ignition. Not the first time this has happened I had the same problem on my way home after I collected the car from Huddersfield. Will get it looked at after the holiday season. By the excess of copper slip around all the earthing points it looks as though it shouldn't be an earthing problem.

No pics yet until I give the car a good wash.

Iain

Last edited by IainForgan on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling/typing)
    richardk
    richardk

Post by richardk Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:19 am

Well that makes two for definite!
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:30 am

Still not washed the car yet but took this pic half an hour ago.

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland 2012-12-29_15-39-06_56

That completes a trio of red, white and blue MG 6's in Scotland. That is if you don't count the red and silver ones for sale in Morrisons Garage in Stirling.

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:47 am

IainForgan wrote:How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland 2012-12-29_15-39-06_56
    but when you have such a shiny MG, if you wash it, the cameraman will surely be blinded!

Fife. That's where Kinnaber Junction is, isn't it? And Forfar? Sounds great! Good luck with your MG!
    preetoo
    preetoo

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by preetoo Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:20 pm

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland DSC_0039

Haven't been on here in a while - very neglectful of me.

How about a Scottish meet up? ;-)
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland Empty Scotish MG 6

Post by IainForgan Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:42 am

Hi Preetoo,
    Yes sounds a good idea.

I would certainly like to see my first MG 6 on the road and meet the owners.

Could I suggest that we meet on a Saturday for a lunchtime brunch at some mutually convenient location. That way our partners/wives would be happy to get involved.

A reasonably accessible place would be the Dutch Inn near Falkirk (FK28NU) Food is acceptable rather than outstanding and service is ok. Parking is easy.

I would rather one of the other owners suggests an alternative place. I don't care how far I have to drive. There are plenty of other places around central Scotland.

I see from the MG facebook page that someone else in Fife is in the process of negotiating with the MG centre over the purchase of a 6 so we may have another one soon.

My tow bar (Witter removable one) is now fitted and wired and the rear mudguards are on but not the front ones yet. - Once the flurries of snow stop I can perhaps get on with it.

Looking forward to hearing from you and Frankie.

Cheers
    Iain

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 am

Jisha N Subin from MG Kuwait pointed this review out.

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2013/02/04/ccts-scottish-safari-part-1-mgs-northern-exposure/

Have fun with the meet!

IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am

patpending wrote:Jisha N Subin from MG Kuwait pointed this review out.

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2013/02/04/ccts-scottish-safari-part-1-mgs-northern-exposure/

Have fun with the meet!

Interesting article. I did see that the particular dealer had a MG6 Magnette TSE for sale(and still have it) It is exactly the same age as the MG6 GT TSE I purchased but I paid £5k less for my GT than their asking price for that Magnette. I think you will quite understand why I travelled 260 miles south to buy my MG.

There are currently only two places for servicing MG6's in Scotland. I personally use Dreadnaught in Callander as I also did for my ZR160. They only do servicing and do not sell cars. Their work is of the highest quality.

It is a bit of a problem for potential Scotish MG6 owners as to where they can get them serviced. Hopefully some day MG will be able to sort this out.

No feedback yet on the proposed meet.

Iain
    frankie40
    frankie40

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland Empty How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland?

Post by frankie40 Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi Ian, Saturday is usually a very busy day for me, but I would make time to meet and have the group photograph taken.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't have time to stop for lunch though. If you manage to arrange anything, let me know and I'll definitely be there. Regards, Frankie
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:45 pm

frankie40 wrote:Hi Ian, Saturday is usually a very busy day for me, but I would make time to meet and have the group photograph taken.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't have time to stop for lunch though. If you manage to arrange anything, let me know and I'll definitely be there. Regards, Frankie

Nothing is cast in stone. If a Sunday or other day suits you better just say.

I'll let you know if anything can be arranged, regards Iain
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:15 am

Sunday's are generally better for me as opposed to Saturday's (got the old dear for her messages on a Saturday, and she likes her routine).

Happy to come through to Falkirk - how about we try Sunday 17 February at 12.30 at the Dutch Inn?

Let me know what you both think.

Krgds

Ant
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 am

That's fine for myself and Christine. I will book a table once numbers are confirmed as the Dutch Inn can get quite busy on a Sunday. Will be nice to meet other MG6 owners. Do you think we spread the net a bit wider by posting elsewhere and see if we can find if there are any more MG6 owners north of the border?.

Regards
    Iain
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Sounds like a good idea Iain Smile The more the merrier. I can put a message on The MG6 Register Facebook page...

Krgds

Ant
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:22 pm

preetoo wrote:Sounds like a good idea Iain Smile The more the merrier. I can put a message on The MG6 Register Facebook page...

Krgds

Ant

Yes please Ant, could you please do that?

If you wish I will contact the Dutch Inn and let them know what we are up to.

Iain
    frankie40
    frankie40

Post by frankie40 Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 am

Hi Ian,Ant Sorry for the late reply, I had to rush away to Birmingham on Friday but at least I had a chance to give the 6 a real test and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. I haven't checked the figures on the trip computer yet but I'll do that sometime today. Anyway, next Sunday should be fine for me, just let me know the details and I'll be there. Regards, Frankie
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 am

Hello gents

I'm afraid I've now got a family commitment that means I can't make this Sunday Sad My apologies.

I can definitely do Sunday 03 March if that's any use? Happy to go for Falkirk.

Let me know what you both think. If we're on, I'll put a wee message up on the MG6 Register page.

Kind regards

Ant
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:24 am

preetoo wrote:Hello gents

I'm afraid I've now got a family commitment that means I can't make this Sunday Sad My apologies.

Let me know what you both think. If we're on, I'll put a wee message up on the MG6 Register page.

Kind regards

Ant

Hi Ant Sunday 03 March is fine for me. If that is ok for frankie we can fix it as that.

Regards Iain
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:25 am

IainForgan wrote:
    preetoo wrote:Hello gents

Kind regards

Ant

Hi Ant Sunday 03 March is fine for me. If that is ok for frankie we can fix it as that.

Regards Iain

Thanks Iain. Hope this is ok for Frankie too.

Cheers

Ant
    frankie40
    frankie40

How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland Empty How Many MG6 Owners Do We Have In Scotland?

Post by frankie40 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:29 am

Hi both, That should be OK with me too. Cheers, Frankie
    preetoo
    preetoo

Post by preetoo Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:41 am

frankie40 wrote:Hi both, That should be OK with me too. Cheers, Frankie

Excellent Frankie. I'll post a message on the MG6 Register page just now.

12.30, Dutch Inn, Falkirk FK2 8NU - Sunday 03 March Smile

Krgds

Ant
    IainForgan
    IainForgan

Post by IainForgan Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:20 am

preetoo wrote:
    frankie40 wrote:Hi both, That should be OK with me too. Cheers, Frankie

Excellent Frankie. I'll post a message on the MG6 Register page just now.

12.30, Dutch Inn, Falkirk FK2 8NU - Sunday 03 March Smile

Krgds

Ant

Hi both, Christine has booked a table at 12.30 at tha Dutch Inn Sunday 03 March. Provisionally for 6. -Exact mumbers to be confirmed later. (that will allow for a few more)

Iain

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:48 pm