MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

MG6 used car price

adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

MG6 used car price Empty MG6 used car price

Post by adaveabbott Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:24 am

MG6 used car price are now £6999 at Motor point.

Fifteen are available at this price.

It looks a good deal to me.

Happy days are here again.Very Happy 
    snifferdog1

Number of posts : 240
    Registration date : 2012-12-05

MG6 used car price Empty Re: MG6 used car price

Post by snifferdog1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:11 am

That is such a bargain!

I am very tempted to get one, in fact, I might be starting to prefer them to the '3.
    snifferdog1

Number of posts : 240
    Registration date : 2012-12-05

Post by snifferdog1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Erm just realised, why is this in the China section?! Haha.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 pm

snifferdog1 wrote:Erm just realised, why is this in the China section?! Haha.
    I was wondering that too.

Sorted.

If these are ex-Avis "S" models, what was their original list? About £16k? Bad news if you had invested punter wonga and wanted to sell now - a TSE won't command a huge premium.

Putting it into perspective, however, even if a punter had paid £14k two years ago that would only be about £4k a year - buy a "low depreciation" B*W and lose that much on day one and the whole £8k in the first year! Wink
    littlechicken
    littlechicken

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Post by littlechicken Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:58 am

Or buy a Vauxhall Astra Elite and lose nearly £11K in under 12 months http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleAdvert/Vauxhall/Astra/415684

The residuals of the MG6, don't worry me, we have to remember these are ex hire cars and as such they are priced to sell.

Just an interesting note Evans Halshaw since the begining of this month, have sold nearly 50 MG6's, 22 of these in the past week alone and only have 53 left.

With less than 1200 MG6's sold in total if the demand continues I can see me getting considerably more than the 30% of list I projected for my MG6 Magnette TSE after 3 years.

Another interesting note, Motor point had 15 MG6's on sunday, the website only shows 12 so they are selling.

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:37 am

littlechicken wrote:Or buy a Vauxhall Astra Elite and lose nearly £11K in under 12 months http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleAdvert/Vauxhall/Astra/415684

The residuals of the MG6, don't worry me, we have to remember these are ex hire cars and as such they are priced to sell.

Just an interesting note Evans Halshaw since the begining of this month, have sold nearly 50 MG6's, 22 of these in the past week alone and only have 53 left.

With less than 1200 MG6's sold in total if the demand continues I can see me getting considerably more than the 30% of list I projected for my MG6 Magnette TSE after 3 years.

Another interesting note, Motor point had 15 MG6's on sunday, the website only shows 12 so they are selling.

These cars have been available in significant numbers for over four months now, I was expecting numbers to drop a bit faster than they have but they will all go and once they have gone there will be a shortage, doesn't mean that prices will shoot up again but anyone who wants one shouldn't wait too much longer...

As for your TSE, low prices of non-TSE cars don't mean the price of the TSE gets pulled down since is a definite shortage of second hand TSEs already, any dealer that prices a TSE low has made a mistake!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:31 pm