MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

MG3 Auto in UK 2017MY Upgrades

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

MG3 Auto in UK 2017MY Upgrades Empty MG3 Auto in UK 2017MY Upgrades

Post by Dorset Rocket Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:49 pm

A couple of dealers I have spoken to recently seem clear that an Auto transmission version of MG3 has been under evaluation by MG for some time and that MG are about to bow to pressure from the UK dealer network and launch and auto model for the 2017 model year.

Now that all their cars are sourced direct from China the intoduction of an auto in UK spec should be easier and will give a boost to the '3, which is still two years away from it's big faclift and the intoduction of the 1.0L SGE engine.

So if it does appear it have a conventional auto box as the current China (and Thai) market models, mated to the current NSE engine.

The dealers seem to think an auto version could add at least 10% to MG3 sales due to alot of existing dealers having older customer profiles.

The challenges for MG I suspect are to try and maintain Euro 6 compliance for the NSE and market competitive CO2 levels when driving through an auto box, so I would expect lower power output compared to the manual version.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG3 Auto in UK 2017MY Upgrades Empty Re: MG3 Auto in UK 2017MY Upgrades

Post by patpending Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:36 pm

Dorset Rocket wrote:The challenges for MG I suspect are to try and maintain Euro 6 compliance for the NSE and market competitive CO2 levels when driving through an auto box, so I would expect lower power output compared to the manual version.

Indeed, when Euro 6c kicks in from September, it seems that a petrol engine that can get by without AdBlue/particulate filter is unlikely to comply.
    Magnette

Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Post by Magnette Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:38 am

Looking at the stats, is the UK now the largest market for the MG3?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 pm