MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing!

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing! Empty Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing!

Post by Windy Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:21 am

Longbridge Welding Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing!

There have been reports of this event for over a week now, but I've only just managed to find a decent picture:

Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing! Robots10
    Nanjing Automobile Corporation Float on parade at China's 60th Birthday celebrations.

Last edited by Windy on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing! Empty Re: Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing!

Post by patpending Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Windy wrote:Longbridge Welding Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing!

There have been reports of this event for over a week now, but I've only just managed to find a decent picture:

Nanjing Automobile Corporation Float on parade at China's 60th Birthday celebrations.

I am reminded of

Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing! Kraftwerk_4-575x382

and

Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing! 250px-Scutter

Is that blue fluffy creature in the TF yet another made-up fact about pandas?, e.g. "under a ruling dating back to the Ming dynasty, the giant panda automatically qualifies for a Chinese driving licence at the age of three without having to take a test. The licence is, however, restricted to haycarts and open-top sportscars..." Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing! Icon_lol
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing! Empty Re: Longbridge Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing!

Post by patpending Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:07 am

Windy wrote:Longbridge Welding Robots loose on the streets of Nanjing!

NB What is the float meant to represent? A mechanised assembly line in a figure of 8? And I see a picture of an MG3SW in the front loop, is that a Nanjing-produced lorry in the rear loop?

In fact, now that the MG7 has gone to Shanghai, does TF - MG3SW - Lorry represent all vehicles currently produced in Nanjing?

Looking at the four rings on the side, the second is presumably "MG" and the third "IVECO".
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:45 am

patpending wrote:NB What is the float meant to represent? A mechanised assembly line in a figure of 8? And I see a picture of an MG3SW in the front loop, is that a Nanjing-produced lorry in the rear loop?

In fact, now that the MG7 has gone to Shanghai, does TF - MG3SW - Lorry represent all vehicles currently produced in Nanjing?

Looking at the four rings on the side, the second is presumably "MG" and the third "IVECO".
    The first of the four rings looks like Yuejin to me, NAC's small truck brand, and the Lorry in the rear loop is a Yuejin lorry - http://www.naveco.com.cn/newwebsite/cn/yj.html

I agree with the MG and IVECO logos, the 4th I can't read but might expect a Nanjing Special Purpose Vehicles logo?

There are quite a lot of trucks and special vehicles in production. I'm not sure if the MG7 is completely gone from Pukou, the EU3 and MG7L versions may still be produced there - anyone know?

The main push for Pukou is now the AP11.

Not sure what the design represents, if anything...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 pm

patpending wrote:I am reminded of...
    Thanks to peryerplowman over at macdroitwich, here is what I was reminded of. They seem to have been tamed a little since this though: