MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Nanjing MG Pukou Factory Phase II

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Nanjing MG Pukou Factory Phase II Empty Nanjing MG Pukou Factory Phase II

Post by Windy Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:52 am

Nanjing MG Pukou Factory Phase II

Construction of Phase 2 of the Nanjing MG factory in Pukou is now well underway and on target for the first of the Nanjing MG New Small Engines (NSE) to roll off the new production line on June 30th.

Nanjing MG Pukou Factory Phase II Mg_pha10

On February 20th the first batch of engine production equipment arrived at the Nanjing MG II site consisting of camshaft production line equipment imported from Junker in Germany. In celebration, it was unloaded to the sound of firecrackers.

The MG Phase II NSE engine project has a 1,380,000,000 Yuan investment and covers an area of 38,200 ㎡, there will be five production lines consisting of a crankshaft line, a connecting rod line, a camshaft line, an engine block line and a cylinder head line. The components from the production lines will pass to a machining line and final assembly line.

The production equipment should be installed by June 30 when the first test engines will come off the assembly line; final acceptance of all equipment is expected by the end of September and following a debugging period, the first production engine, a 1.5 litre VCT, is scheduled for January 30 2010.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Nanjing MG Pukou Factory Phase II Empty Re: Nanjing MG Pukou Factory Phase II

Post by patpending Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:19 am

I remember reading SAIC's plan for what would be made where, and that Pukou would make engines... but remind me what will get these 1.5s...a new MG3 or something else?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:39 am

patpending wrote:I remember reading SAIC's plan for what would be made where, and that Pukou would make engines... but remind me what will get these 1.5s...a new MG3 or something else?
    Most reports say it will first go in the MG6. It will also be a good engine for the new TF and maybe the MG3.

A 1.5L seems a little small for a car the size of an MG6, but it is a 1.5L with almost as much power as the 2.5L V6 in your MG ZS180 Shocked
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:07 am

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:I remember reading SAIC's plan for what would be made where, and that Pukou would make engines... but remind me what will get these 1.5s...a new MG3 or something else?
    Most reports say it will first go in the MG6. It will also be a good engine for the new TF and maybe the MG3.

A 1.5L seems a little small for a car the size of an MG6, but it is a 1.5L with almost as much power as the 2.5L V6 in your MG ZS180 Shocked
    and the way cars will be taxed, it seems smaller, boosted engines are the way forward - to reduce CO2 for the test cycle only (e.g. UK, Germany) and where engine size is a component of tax (Germany, if I understand it in January in China)...

after all, the latest Golf GTi has nearly twice the power of the original from a smaller (1.4l) engine...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 am