MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
skyblueads
docjunior2008
dentricrio
ZTsteve
patpending
Windy
10 posters

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6?

docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Empty Re: Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6?

Post by docjunior2008 Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:06 am

patpending wrote:
    docjunior2008 wrote:
    patpending wrote:
    docjunior2008 wrote:Yeah it was Mr He. I just sent my letter to the MG Headquarters and it found its way to him. He also sent me some pictures of the TF 85th Anniversary Edition and TF135. Which was very kind of him. Yeah, so if you want, just address the letter to Mr He (obviously his full name) and send it to the Longbridge Plant Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_smile
    Doc
    umm you're talking to someone who's not that sure what his full name is...I'm not proud of that...

Sorry, I got confused....I know what his full name is Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_smile His full name is Mr He Xiaoqing. Sorry about not saying his full name in my original post Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_smile

Doc
    so his address is
    Mr He Xiaoqing
    Chairman
    MG Motor UK Limited,
    International Headquarters,
    Q Gate, Lowhill Lane,
    Longbridge,
    Birmingham.
    B31 2BQ.

NB the "Xiao" doesn't tell you if it's a him He or a her He - the Shanghai communications director Ms He Xiao Jin is a her He... (see post 72)
    Worse, Jiang Qing was a woman! I've just discovered that "Gang of Four" is "Siren Bang" in Chinese - sounds like a hit by the Sweet!
    Windy's German seems to be getting better all the time. Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 482757 Meanwhile, I'm stuck with Sooty, Sweep and Space Invader, I mean 苏, er Soo...
    Yeah, thats the address that I sent the letter to. Sorry about the confusion. I believe that He is Male Smile
    Doc
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Empty Re: Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6?

Post by docjunior2008 Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:09 am

What you going to write in your letter, Pat? I might write another letter to MG asking about production, the car, etc. When I wrote to Mr He, I also got a reply from the Customer Relationships manager (which makes sense!), but it was nice to get a personal message from the Chairman of MG Motor UK.
    Doc
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:59 am

docjunior2008 wrote:What you going to write in your letter, Pat? I might write another letter to MG asking about production, the car, etc. When I wrote to Mr He, I also got a reply from the Customer Relationships manager (which makes sense!), but it was nice to get a personal message from the Chairman of MG Motor UK.
    Doc
    I would look at the press release on the MG Motor website and say how pleased I was that this lovely car was also going to be made at Longbridge, and how I was looking forward to the fulfilment of their plans!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:04 am

So what did the media think of the MG6?

Lasted for eight days, the Guangzhou auto show yesterday pulled the curtain, as the current auto show on the letter of the star models, Shanghai Automotive launched the MG 6 global car. The media, the industry, and also the consumers, gave a high degree of evaluation. The media right MG 6, commented: "The upcoming listing of MG 6 will be the most anticipated of the 2010 mid-size car, and mid-level models for the future development has brought a huge impact." The MG 6 was able to get such a positive assessment with no more than the design wave of UK Design skill to use, Fastback elements, as well as first proposed the initial introduction of the "new benchmark mid-size car" concept.

British Design fashion

Once daily in Chongqing, "the most anticipated annual model," named in the, MG 6 won the title. In the evaluation of such award-winning short "MG 6 of the UK Design design, let us see the design of China's future." Once upon a time, "China has manufacturing, non-design" argument once day clamor dust, especially in the automotive field, this situation is particularly prominent. Enterprises have independent design capability in China, can be described as rare car, most cars standing still in the imitation stage, while Shanghai Automotive as the industry's leading enterprises, a leading independent research and development capabilities substantially peers, and have moved into the international arena. As a highly international business, Shanghai Automotive not only has overseas R & D base, also has an international design team. In particular, led by Tony Williams, chief engineer of the Shanghai Automotive R & D center for the United Kingdom MG 6 into the forward-looking design. In the MG 6 of the design process, the international design team, with emphasis on the UK Design (British Design fashion) design concept is used. As a major international brands have been widely used with emphasis on design concepts, UK Design represents the area of today's international automotive design the highest level. By UK Design, MG 6 design and technology not only won the dual leadership, but also laid the MG 6 beyond the peer model a solid foundation. Therefore, in the use of UK Design design design the MG 6 has received numerous industry, the recognition and praise, especially from automotive designers, it has become a matter of course.

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 MZiH5Tw3Vv7592
    MG 6 forward-looking design concept

FastBack element of the use of

As the MG 6 leader in the design concept, it has many bright spots. Among the most compelling, than the use of FastBack perfect design. Fastback is a trend of the 21st century design, previously only in the BMW 645Ci, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, Bentley Continental GT, Mercedes-Benz CLS-class cars such as high class. This is the FastBack design used in the intermediate models for the first time. Design through the use of FastBack, MG 6 has the shape of a smooth curve through this perfect arc, MG 6 will be the next influenza with a sense of integration of science and technology, it will certainly never be forget. The overall shape smooth, the perfect visual experience, it is a number of consumers MG 6 assessment. In addition, MG 6 tail, FastBack designed to "confuse" the hatchback car and sedan boundaries, will be the long-standing dispute over car-based technology in the invisible, completed a milestone in style by leaps and bounds. This can satisfy consumers hatchback and sedan sporty combination of high storage space for the pursuit of approach, but also to make consumers feel satisfied with the audience and was appraised as the "most intimate" design. Because of the excellent use of FastBack, MG 6 in the southern city's "Car Oscar Altar" campaign, was voted by readers as "the years most anticipated mid-size car."

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 C3KrGu3M3w1959
    The much-anticipated 2010 MG6

Set a new benchmark

In addition to these two points and put forward a new benchmark in this new concept mid-size car, but also for the MG 6 to wide acclaim, one of the reasons. Mid-size car market has always been a large number of models, brands are present. Coupled with high-class cars and small cars a double squeeze, market competition becomes increasingly fierce. Therefore, the market needed a guide for future development direction of vehicle car appeared to attract mid-level models tight encirclement. But the reality is that for many years without an eye-catching models in particular the emergence of the market little to the overall situation. MG 6, appeared, and made a mid-size car new benchmarks can be said that is the right time. MG 6 through shape, space, built-in, power, control, and the other six all-round intelligent upgrade, not only for consumers a high-quality, high-performance global car, and set a new benchmark mid-level models.
    For this, the media commented: "MG 6 will lead for the next 10 years, the development of the intermediate models."

As the saying goes, the wise eyes of the beholder, see Zhi. Experts, media and consumers MG 6 has a different assessment of their value, or design, or a value perception. But one thing is the same, namely, MG 6 is an advanced design concept and the trend has been referred to as "the most anticipated of the 2010 mid-size car", a well-deserved title.
    Source: http://info.xcar.com.cn/200912/news_74991_1.html
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:21 am

so the MG6 won a prize at the show and is acclaimed by the Chinese motoring press?

Woo. Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_cheers Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_cheers Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_bounce Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_bounce
    mg-zs
    mg-zs

Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by mg-zs Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:52 am

Nice pictures
    Has some nice things on it Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_cheers
    Like the full size spare wheel Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_basketball
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 am

mg-zs wrote:Nice pictures
    Has some nice things on it Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_cheers
    Like the full size spare wheel Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 Icon_basketball

Here are some more "things" Smile

ZTsteve wrote:So the hatch does open. Good. Now we just need to see it from the other end.

The MG6 has arrived at the Changsha show, Changsha is the capital of Hunan province in south central China. The photographers have got a little closer:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 4645150852381627

And opened the hatch:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 6264489489417548

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 7596216288154506

And even put the back seats down:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 9417692048796077

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 6218366984964598

And the rear arm rest with cup holders:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 2015839813162515

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 2181096858650328

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 2650202952295626

The engine appears to have a different spec to the 550, with a lower torque band:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 9721487295761869

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 3014783_742586

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 9125276378670639

It speeks Chinese:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 9765822884826540

More cup holders in the front, this time with drinks can chiller function:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 4583700266337448

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 4612890575803141

Drivers seat with six way electric adjustment:
    (Pasenger has manual adjustment unlike the 550)

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 3816126126267563

Six airbags as standard:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 5621419595426063

Rear aircon:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 5245264592504757

Images from: http:http://www.che168.com/article_pic/635143.html
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:40 am

Rear aircon:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 5 5245264592504757

"robots in disguise!"
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 am

I have to say this MG looks great. However, I am worried about the fit and finish of the car. The plastic's in the rear, look quite hard. I hope they change this for British Cars Smile

Doc
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:03 am

MG6 official guide prices

ModelPrice (Yuan / 10)
    1.8L Comfort Edition12,880
    1.8L Elite14,980
    1.8T Comfort Edition14,680
    1.8T Elite16,680
    1.8T Deluxe Edition19,280

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 am