MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
skyblueads
docjunior2008
dentricrio
ZTsteve
patpending
Windy
10 posters

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6?

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Empty Re: Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6?

Post by Windy Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:02 am

ZTsteve wrote:
    patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:
    ZTsteve wrote:Sorry, what does? Have I missed a pic?
    The picture isn't showing, try clicking on http://m4.biz.itc.cn/pic/auto/t/63/94/Img359463_t.JPG ...

beware, my anti-virus says the site is unsafe...

...and when I try, I get "Access control configuration prevents your request from
    being allowed at this time. "

Ho hum.
    Copy the link I gave to your clipboard, open a new Internet Explorer, paste the link in, hit Enter and...
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Empty Re: Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6?

Post by patpending Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 am

Yep, that worked. My anti-virus is still going "I told you that site is dodgy! Don't say I didn't warn you!"

As for the tailgate opening, that's a bit like a shot of the bonnet open seen from the back...

where's our intrepid journalist the lady with the stripy jumper and the mobile phone?
    ZTsteve
    ZTsteve

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by ZTsteve Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:30 pm

Windy wrote:Copy the link I gave to your clipboard, open a new Internet Explorer, paste the link in, hit Enter and...

...and it works. In fact, so does the first link now. Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Confused

Whatever (as the yoof of today would say Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_lol ).

So the hatch does open. Good. Now we just need to see it from the other end.
    paynerover75
    paynerover75

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-10-28

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Empty orange mg6 on video!

Post by paynerover75 Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:40 pm

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Good find there matey. I'm just trying to work out why it's not in the same thread as the rest!

EDIT same topic, so thread merged.

Regular readers of this site will know I am looking for a mudflap kit for the MG6. However, I feel that all my garaging issues may have been resolved!

If I got an MG6 in green maybe it could look like this...

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Thunderbird2_2

or maybe in black:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Bat38

Last edited by patpending on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merging topics)
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 am

was just looking at a map of China and noticed that Guangzhou is north of Hong Kong.

"It must be fairly close to Canton, then" I said to myself.

Doh

(dimly remembers correspondence about the provincial and town numberplates)... Laughing
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:54 pm

MG6 under the spotlights, it's British cousins watching from the audience:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 2aa56642-4dc6-4135-84e7-05d89d232592
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

the MINI has a low central (fog?) rearlight too!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:01 am

Another Video, may be a bit slow to load:

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:54 am

Windy wrote:Another Video, may be a bit slow to load:

If I paste that lot into a browser, it doesn't work and google suggests gravestones instead! any ideas?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:17 am

patpending wrote:
    Windy wrote:Another Video, may be a bit slow to load:

If I paste that lot into a browser, it doesn't work and google suggests gravestones instead! any ideas?
    Can you not just press the play buttons?

Does it work in Internet Explorer?

Can I find the original page for you?

Edit: This wasn't it: http://auto.huanqiu.com/beauty/pic/2009-11/641950.html

Edit: Found one: http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/421701.html
    Edit: Found the other: http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/424086.html
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Empty MG6 Launch Event at the Guangzhou Motor Show 2009

Post by Windy Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:11 am

SAIC-MG - All black interior to create an atmosphere of sports MG6

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_fi10

In the 2009 auto show in Guangzhou, the orange MG6 had exclusive use of a large stand, but this booth is also jammed with the audience, we can see that consumers are concerned about this model to a high degree. However, it is regrettable that people feel MG6 of the Interior has been mysterious. In these pictures we pre-empt the detailed analysis of the MG6 interior, so that the interior is no longer mysterious mystery.

MG6 cabin interior is basically the same as his brother the Roewe 550. The all black interior to create a sports atmosphere for the MG6, all the details of the design have refinement, and even comparable with the Japanese models. Compared with the Roewe 550, the biggest difference is its instrument panel, MG6 and Roewe 550 staggered position, no longer digital figures as a theme, so using a analogue pointer dashboard.

MG6 instrument panel design is relatively common, but with the black on white text so that motorists can clearly read the information. In the Middle of the road is the driving computer which is able to provide a wealth of information, such as the instantaneous fuel consumption, fuel consumption per hundred kilometers, calculate mileage and total mileage and so on. Like with the Roewe 550, using push-button button design, this can easily select the desired menu.

MG6 the engine cover, are not equipped with sound insulation cotton, it is possible the intention is to allow the driver can hear the turbo's "call" sound, or that it can be said that manufacturers of the MG6 noise is still very confident.

New cars will be the same and the Roewe 550 and 1.8 DVVT all-aluminum turbocharged 1.8T engine, MG6 are equipped with the 1.8T engine, which engine output of 118kW (160 hp) / 5500rpm, maximum torque To 215Nm/rpm.

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_110

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_210

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_310

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_410

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_510

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_610

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_710

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_810

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_910

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1010

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1110

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1210

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1310

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1410

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1510

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1610

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1710

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1810

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1910

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_2010

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_2110

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_2110

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_2111

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_2210

Last edited by Windy on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    ZTsteve
    ZTsteve

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by ZTsteve Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:37 am

Hooray, a picture of the inside of the boot.

Also, is that a reversing camera just below the tailgate badge? In addition to the ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper.
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by skyblueads Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:57 am

I want one, and I want it now! Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_lol
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:57 am

ZTsteve wrote:Hooray, a picture of the inside of the boot.

Also, is that a reversing camera just below the tailgate badge? In addition to the ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper.
    Of course it is, it's obvious, I couldn't work out what it was either, it was one of those "mysterious mystery"s!

There is a picture of the spare wheel well coming, very very slowly...

That's a fantastic set of photos so thanks to http://auto.jrj.com.cn for the pictures and to whoever is responsible for the show stand, the lighting for photography is far better than previous SAIC shows, although looking at it from the gloom of the Mini stand it looks like it may be a bit hot under the spotlights! Nice paintwork on the car too.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 am

Rally Red Lancer GTS wrote:Well if that car isn't as hot as a Boston cinderblock in winter stardom. Shikes! That looks very, very cool, car studs. The model isn't bad, either.
    I dont speak American but I get the impression that at least some of the citizens of the USA like this car! Cool
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by docjunior2008 Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:34 pm

When will we see the Saloon version, which is also set to be built alongside the Hatch at Longbridge? Smile
    Love the pictures btw Very Happy
    Doc
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Post by skyblueads Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Apparently MG dealers were shown the saloon version (which I'm guessing will have the 550s bum) at MG Live, or some other MG event. I reckon a talented photoshopper could put together a pretty close approximation.

I'd love to see MG get the X Power rights back and do a high-spec, high power X Power version, take a leaf from Vauxhall's book with the success of the VXR sub-brand.
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:55 pm

skyblueads wrote:Apparently MG dealers were shown the saloon version (which I'm guessing will have the 550s bum) at MG Live, or some other MG event. I reckon a talented photoshopper could put together a pretty close approximation.

I'd love to see MG get the X Power rights back and do a high-spec, high power X Power version, take a leaf from Vauxhall's book with the success of the VXR sub-brand.
    Don't suppose anyone on here has pics do they?
    Doc
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:15 pm

docjunior2008 wrote:When will we see the Saloon version, which is also set to be built alongside the Hatch at Longbridge? Smile
    Love the pictures btw Very Happy
    Doc
    I dont expect the Chinese are getting it, at least not in the near future so you will probably have to wait for the UK launch, although I'm sure it will not be much different to a 550 with an mg front, interior, and of course MG colours.
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Post by skyblueads Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:39 pm

docjunior2008 wrote:
    skyblueads wrote:Apparently MG dealers were shown the saloon version (which I'm guessing will have the 550s bum) at MG Live, or some other MG event. I reckon a talented photoshopper could put together a pretty close approximation.

Doc

There aren't any, as far as I know. It was shown as a small size clay buck in a secret 'dealer only' tent. I've spoken to one dealer at length, who was extremely positive about it. Sorry I can't give you anymore info mate.
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:55 pm

skyblueads wrote:
    docjunior2008 wrote:

Doc

There aren't any, as far as I know. It was shown as a small size clay buck in a secret 'dealer only' tent. I've spoken to one dealer at length, who was extremely positive about it. Sorry I can't give you anymore info mate.
    Thanks for the advice. Sounds like it's going to sell well. What do you think?
    I surely hope that this gets MG back on the road to recovery and builds the confidence of buyers back from that fateful day in 2005 Sad
    Doc
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Post by skyblueads Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Definately mate. It should sell if it's priced right and drives anything like the Zeds. MG finally have the financial clout to play with the big boys, the cars just need to be right. The dealer I spoke to was desperate to get some new metal to push and the saloon 6 he saw was very well received.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:37 pm

it is regrettable that people feel MG6 of the Interior has been mysterious.
    well give us some more photos then! even these links from our own site I can't get to display!

EDIT as if by magic, they're back!

Here's the boot:

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_1410

here's the spare (under the boot floor, 215/50 17 as mentioned - a full size spare! Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_bounce Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_bounce Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_basketball :

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_2010

and is the engine over on one side to make space for a bigger one later? or actually, is this normal? (my KV6 is more to the left in its cramped engine bay)

Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Mg6_2111

But what's with the "ZOOM ZOOM"? No Mazda bits here surely! Wink

Last edited by patpending on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:26 am

skyblueads wrote:Definately mate. It should sell if it's priced right and drives anything like the Zeds. MG finally have the financial clout to play with the big boys, the cars just need to be right. The dealer I spoke to was desperate to get some new metal to push and the saloon 6 he saw was very well received.
    I agree that if the 6 is priced right, then it will sell. I truly hope that the rumours about a new TF being in development is true, as that would show that MG are a major player Smile The whole Morris Garages slogan on the stand was a very nice touch Smile Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin When I went to a dealer near to where I live, they were sketchy and weren't giving anything away.
    I have just sent an email to congratulate MG on the 6 and planning on writing a letter to the chairman of MG Motor UK, as I did earlier in the year (and did get a reply!)
    Doc
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:43 am

docjunior2008 wrote:I have just sent an email to congratulate MG on the 6 and planning on writing a letter to the chairman of MG Motor UK, as I did earlier in the year (and did get a reply!)
    Doc
    good for him! is it Mr. He? (getting my His and Hes mixed up!)

can you PM me his address?
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:54 am

patpending wrote:
    docjunior2008 wrote:I have just sent an email to congratulate MG on the 6 and planning on writing a letter to the chairman of MG Motor UK, as I did earlier in the year (and did get a reply!)
    Doc
    good for him! is it Mr. He? (getting my His and Hes mixed up!)

can you PM me his address?
    Yeah it was Mr He. I just sent my letter to the MG Headquarters and it found its way to him. He also sent me some pictures of the TF 85th Anniversary Edition and TF135. Which was very kind of him. Yeah, so if you want, just address the letter to Mr He (obviously his full name) and send it to the Longbridge Plant Smile
    Doc
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:13 am

docjunior2008 wrote:Yeah it was Mr He. I just sent my letter to the MG Headquarters and it found its way to him. He also sent me some pictures of the TF 85th Anniversary Edition and TF135. Which was very kind of him. Yeah, so if you want, just address the letter to Mr He (obviously his full name) and send it to the Longbridge Plant Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_smile
    Doc
    umm you're talking to someone who's not that sure what his full name is...I'm not proud of that...
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:17 am

patpending wrote:
    docjunior2008 wrote:Yeah it was Mr He. I just sent my letter to the MG Headquarters and it found its way to him. He also sent me some pictures of the TF 85th Anniversary Edition and TF135. Which was very kind of him. Yeah, so if you want, just address the letter to Mr He (obviously his full name) and send it to the Longbridge Plant Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_smile
    Doc
    umm you're talking to someone who's not that sure what his full name is...I'm not proud of that...

Sorry, I got confused....I know what his full name is Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_smile His full name is Mr He Xiaoqing. Sorry about not saying his full name in my original post Smile

Doc
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:50 am

docjunior2008 wrote:
    patpending wrote:
    Doc

Sorry, I got confused....I know what his full name is Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_smile His full name is Mr He Xiaoqing. Sorry about not saying his full name in my original post Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 Icon_smile

Doc
    so his address is
    Mr He Xiaoqing
    Chairman
    MG Motor UK Limited,
    International Headquarters,
    Q Gate, Lowhill Lane,
    Longbridge,
    Birmingham.
    B31 2BQ.

NB the "Xiao" doesn't tell you if it's a him He or a her He - the Shanghai communications director Ms He Xiao Jin is a her He... (see post 72)
    Worse, Jiang Qing was a woman! I've just discovered that "Gang of Four" is "Siren Bang" in Chinese - sounds like a hit by the Sweet!
    Windy's German seems to be getting better all the time. Guangzhou Auto Show - International launch of the MG6? - Page 4 482757 Meanwhile, I'm stuck with Sooty, Sweep and Space Invader, I mean 苏, er Soo...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 am