MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

What Car reader test on the MG6

richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

What Car reader test on the MG6 Empty What Car reader test on the MG6

Post by richardk Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Steven211
    Steven211

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

What Car reader test on the MG6 Empty Re: What Car reader test on the MG6

Post by Steven211 Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:42 pm

The whatcar reader review was hardly amazing, they expect the car to have 'perfect' quality, I do not expect perfection, especially from a new car company, that one guy trying to compare it to a VW was an idiot, MG are not trying to rival VW, they are trying to rival Alfa Romeo and Mazda etc in my opinion.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:33 am

Steven211 wrote:The whatcar reader review was hardly amazing, they expect the car to have 'perfect' quality, I do not expect perfection, especially from a new car company, that one guy trying to compare it to a VW was an idiot, MG are not trying to rival VW, they are trying to rival Alfa Romeo and Mazda etc in my opinion.
    The first two are Jaguar drivers, then a Golf GTI driver, an MG RV8 driver and finally a Honda Accord driver.

Jaguars cost twice as much as the MG6 and the MG RV8 cost £26,500 back in 1993 so it's not surprising if the MG6 didn't quite match their standards. I would think that Golf and Accord drivers would choose their cars for different reasons than an MG driver would.

Why no Ford Focus driver?

At least one of them mentioned the MG ZT, which must have been from over 15 years ago if the start of the video is to be believed!
    Steven211
    Steven211

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steven211 Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:19 am

Windy wrote:
    Steven211 wrote:The whatcar reader review was hardly amazing, they expect the car to have 'perfect' quality, I do not expect perfection, especially from a new car company, that one guy trying to compare it to a VW was an idiot, MG are not trying to rival VW, they are trying to rival Alfa Romeo and Mazda etc in my opinion.
    The first two are Jaguar drivers, then a Golf GTI driver, an MG RV8 driver and finally a Honda Accord driver.

Jaguars cost twice as much as the MG6 and the MG RV8 cost £26,500 back in 1993 so it's not surprising if the MG6 didn't quite match their standards. I would think that Golf and Accord drivers would choose their cars for different reasons than an MG driver would.

Why no Ford Focus driver?

At least one of them mentioned the MG ZT, which must have been from over 15 years ago if the start of the video is to be believed!
    Lol that guy with the X-Type makes me laugh, he comments on quality yet he owns a Ford Mondeo that has had a Jaguar badge nailed on it and the quality is rubbish in the X-type.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:37 pm